Tiger woods 2007 and Facial graphics

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Here is a quick glimpse of what ps3 is capable of doing with graphics in terms of facial textures.

PS3

Real Life

Though the game is early in development, this could be one of the best games to truly show what ps3 is capably of doing with facial textures.

May 13, 2006
My goodness that looks awsome i don't mind golf games but see thoses faces which one is real???? heheh I can't wait :) Truly amazing i must say this year conference has been the best by far imo

Exfoliate

Apprentice
Apr 7, 2006
Thanks, I've got it now. Man that is extremely impressive, I'm sure I'll eat my words soon enough but I can't really forsee facial graphics looking much better than this for this gen.

May 9, 2006
yea i couldn't tell a dif at first. i saw the demo of it onthe e3 video but seeing them side by side is crazy. this is one of those "killzone" videos where not too sure if it's a video or actual gameplay footage

Apr 24, 2006
This graphics are just TOO GOOD. But I doubt they're going to be used on heavy action games like FPS's, its impossible.. But they can use it on Tiger Woods games

B

BigChiefFan

The E3 press conference was jaw-dropping and EA sports didn't disappoint. I can't wait to see the next-generation sports games come to life. This was an awesome demonstration of what we can expect. Tiger Woods looked awesome.

A

airupthere23

during the EA's presentation when the guy said, and "and now joining us, Tiger Woods...." i deffinetly thought he was joining us via satalite and didnt even catch that it was running on the ps3 until the guy started telling about how he was controling it with the ps3 controller

A

AquaManiac

"This graphics are just TOO GOOD. But I doubt they're going to be used on heavy action games like FPS's, its impossible.. " - well, today maybe not but in 2-3 years? :)
I belive, in second or third generetion of PS3 games it will be poosible, we will see :)

fooster

Apprentice
Dec 10, 2005
www.epc-clan.net
AquaManiac said:
"This graphics are just TOO GOOD. But I doubt they're going to be used on heavy action games like FPS's, its impossible.. " - well, today maybe not but in 2-3 years? :)
I belive, in second or third generetion of PS3 games it will be poosible, we will see :)
They defanitely will be able to be achieved in future gaming, it isn't rare that only 20% of ps3's power will only be used in the first wave of games, so we have 80% of the power remaining.

There is an article on it, when I find it I will upload the link.

A

Azukimo

The only thing is that there is a huge shadow over his face from his cap so you can't really see the facial features well in those shots. But if they can put that kind of graphics is real-time game-play, that would be amazing.

Jul 26, 2006
Hi guys, for those who havent seen them yet, here are some up-todate screenshots.

>>Click the images above for bigger images.<<

I used to play TW games but after '04 I havent played any of them, personally I thought the games were nothing more than a graphical update on what has gone before. I now play Everybodys Golf to get my fix of the little white ball, and I cant wait for its PS3 incarnation.

As for the screenshots up above that I posted, they dont look like anything I was expecting, since the tech demo that they showed at E3 '06 of the Tiger woods character animation (which to me was the most impressive thing I saw) these leve allot to be desired of course make your own minds up about what you think but im sure tham most will come to the same conclusion I did.

These shots are from Playsyde But I hosted them myself so as not to steal there badwidth, and so I could create thumb nails for the 56kers out there.

Arimax

Dedicated Member
May 31, 2006
Georgia
The only one thing for sports games they really need to do is have more people in the cwords. When I say this I mean different faces you know. I swear playing NBA 2K6 right now you only see about 4 men and, 4 girls then they all look the same. (Just an opinon) As for the graphics they look nice but, you can tell who was the real one and, who was fake after a few seconds.

A

Aleman

Martinx said:
Idiot. Those screenshots are either of a ps2 game or an xbox360 game.
Nope, they're from the 360 version, which according to IGN and Gamespot looks better than the PS3 version currently does.

Yea, I know, EA sucks.

Jul 26, 2006
Martinx said:
Idiot. Those screenshots are either of a ps2 game or an xbox360 game.
actually the last seven screen shots are actual PS3 shots, check playsyde If you dont beleive me, the rest are classed as PS3/360 shots, but this is exactly how the PS3 version looks now, yes the shots represent an in-development game and not final produck, but still im not liking what im seeing.

and jeez calling me an idiot isnt very friendly ive been a member of a forum for one day and I get called an idiot for posting something correct.

cheers.