Time devoted to playing Vita compared to PS3.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
Hi guys! This is like the first thread I've probably made in years - literally. I'm ancient as hell. Damn, I was 13 or 14 when I joined these forums, now I'm going on 20 haha. *tears*

*Ahem* anyways, I was just thinking a few minutes ago... and those thoughts were... "I haven't played my PS3 in over 3 weeks." I devote SO much time to my Vita. Being in College and Working full time leaves me with a busy schedule, and when I come home, sometimes I literally do not feel like turning on my PS3. I lay down and play Mortal Kombat on my Vita.

My question is - how much time do you spend on your Vita compared to the time you spend on you PS3, or any other console you own? Is your Vita gathering Dust? Or is you PS3 gathering Dust... like mine. :rolleyes:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Its hard to say mate, at the moment my Vita hasn't been getting much action aside from the occasional game of Lumines, but then again neither has my PS3 because I'm playing a bunch of 360 games and my 3DS :lol:

But that aside, since I got my Vita I've spent more time on it than my PS3, but not more time on it than all of my home console gaming (PS360).

The thing is though, the platform doesn't worry me at ALL. When games come out for it, Resistance, Gravity Rush, LBP, I'll be playing a hell of a lot more Vita. And once big releases become more frequent it will probably be about even

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
I agree. Although, the games that I do own for the Vita (Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Mortal Kombat) are ALLLLLL taking up sweet time from my PS3, I guess it depends on the games you like. In my opinion, there are some GREAT games on the PSV right now - I have yet to play Rayman Origins :(.

I actually pre-ordered Resistance, and I can see myself playing that online a lot, depending on how many other people are playing it.

Nitey

Elite Guru
Jan 17, 2011
Play my Vita quite regularly, hit the Hot Shots daily tournaments and grinding my way through WipEout multiplayer which is actually frustrating because of how long it is - I'd have my platinum if I ever complete that lol

I actually split my play time between my consoles quite evenly, for no particular reason. If I had more games for the Vita I'd be on it a lot more, that's for sure. It's actually perfect in terms of comfort and enjoyment : |

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I still play both. I play my Playstation 3 console at home and take my Vita with me and play it when I'm not doing anything. Honestly I would be using my Vita more if it had more games to entertain me, mainly RPG's. But that being said, I still have yet to purchase Disgaea 3, a game a lot of people are recommending to me.

Blu-Ray

Elite Sage
Jul 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Nitey, post: 5823977]Play my Vita quite regularly, hit the Hot Shots daily tournaments and grinding my way through WipEout multiplayer which is actually frustrating because of how long it is - I'd have my platinum if I ever complete that lol

I actually split my play time between my consoles quite evenly, for no particular reason. If I had more games for the Vita I'd be on it a lot more, that's for sure. It's actually perfect in terms of comfort and enjoyment : |[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement. At the same time, I'm fairly new to the arena of handheld gaming, so this is all new territory for me. Once my excitement dies down for the system, I may start playing my PS3 again. I mean, When Metal Gear Rising comes out... I have to play that haha

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 5823962]I agree. Although, the games that I do own for the Vita (Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Uncharted Golden Abyss, and Mortal Kombat) are ALLLLLL taking up sweet time from my PS3, I guess it depends on the games you like. In my opinion, there are some GREAT games on the PSV right now - I have yet to play Rayman Origins :(.

I actually pre-ordered Resistance, and I can see myself playing that online a lot, depending on how many other people are playing it.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to veer too far off-topic.. but man. GET RAYMAN. I got it for a gift on the 360, but the PS3 and Vita versions are identical. Pick one up, its the most fun ive had in a game all year so far. Its just fantastic in every way the progression, the art constantly amazes me. I am VERY impressed. I bought Starhawk today and I don't even want to play it because Rayman is calling me :lol:

Anyway, back to it ><

Nov 23, 2005
Not devoting any time at all to neither of them lately but that should change soon. Book of memories for Vita, Sorcery for PS3. I forecast 50/50 usage in the coming months but it should pretty much shift to the Vita when most HD collections start rolling out as it's easier to bring my Vita to work than the PS3. But then again, my Sony personal 3d viewer is coming in today and I plan on replaying Uncharted 3, GT5 and probably take some time to finish Killzone 3.

Hard to say really but IF in the longer term the Vita houses many RPGs like the PSP did, it should come out on top hands down.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
I play my PS3 mostly, mainly because I don't have a PSVita just yet, but hopefully, I'll have the money soon. I'm hoping the the Vita sees a JRPG boom later this year. I'm looking forward to Silent Hill:Book of Memories...however, knowing that Konami is totally inept at marketing, I'm sure it will slip under the radar.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
I don't have a Vita now, and probably won't for a couple years (I'll be lucky if I can renew my PSPlus account this year and keep all those "free" games I have) but I play my PSP more than my PS3... Because the only time I can really play games is on the Toilet.

Aldebaran

Could it be...I am sleeping?
Mar 24, 2009
NYC
[QUOTE="bobtheduck, post: 5829022]I don't have a Vita now, and probably won't for a couple years (I'll be lucky if I can renew my PSPlus account this year and keep all those "free" games I have) but I play my PSP more than my PS3... Because the only time I can really play games is on the Toilet.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! That is where I too play my handheld games. It is always like this; a newly purchased gaming handheld, or any gadget, really, is used frequently in the beginning. It will eventually collect dust. I don't know about you folks, but that was the case with all my handhelds.

When I got the 3DS, I completed 5 games consecutively. Now it's been more than a month since I last touched the thing, not because there are no games that interest me, it actually has interesting games more than ever. But I think because I'm in that 'phase' you know when you just can't get or don't want to dedicate time to sit and play. Everything else seems to take higher priority. But I never quit gaming for good, or better say, I never will. I'm going to always come back.

Oh yes we're speaking about the Vita. Yeah, the other day my friends asked what I'd like to have for a birthday gift. I reluctantly asked for a Vita, because there are no games that interest me at this time, but then I thought I'll eventually get it, and favorite games will eventually release, so why not.

To conclude this meaningless post; I'm getting Vita soon.
Oh god, just realized that doesn't even answer the OP's question.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2007
When I'm home I play games with my daughter on ps3. When I'm at work the vita gets lots of love. I love this thing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I use my Vita every night at around 10pm or so. I usually play it for 2hrs before I go to sleep.

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
I've played it more than my ps3 ever since i got it couple of days ago just messing around with the apps,ar games and welcome park gotta get some games soon. :)

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Blu-Ray, post: 5823950]Hi guys! This is like the first thread I've probably made in years - literally. I'm ancient as hell. Damn, I was 13 or 14 when I joined these forums, now I'm going on 20 haha. *tears*

*Ahem* anyways, I was just thinking a few minutes ago... and those thoughts were... "I haven't played my PS3 in over 3 weeks." I devote SO much time to my Vita. Being in College and Working full time leaves me with a busy schedule, and when I come home, sometimes I literally do not feel like turning on my PS3. I lay down and play Mortal Kombat on my Vita.

My question is - how much time do you spend on your Vita compared to the time you spend on you PS3, or any other console you own? Is your Vita gathering Dust? Or is you PS3 gathering Dust... like mine. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

My Vita has taken a lot of time away from using the PS3. Plain and simple.

DaveNI1979

Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2007
Cookstown, Northern Ireland
On average vita- Less than 1hr a week. Ps3- 3-6 hrs a day actual gaming but its on most of day. Skype is cool, but waste of money for me, so far. Disappointed browser doesnt have flash or any video. Ive a 32gb memory card with 19gb free, downloaded all demos and hav only tried 3 i think. Bad Idea to get it but im hoping a game comes out that makes me want to play it on vita. Otherwise Ill play it on a bigger screen.