Titanfall 2 announced for PS4

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
The first one was a really, REALLY big disappointment...
I liked the beta but the actual game eventually was pure shit (to me).
So nope.
Don't care, not getting it. Waste of money. It's just Call of Duty 2.0.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6430311]I'm keeping an open mind. Hopefully more dev time will do the game justice.[/QUOTE]

Me, too. At this point, the issues gamers had with the first game are well known. It was a successful IP launch and if the publisher is willing to give this developer some more resources to correct the mistakes with TF it could be a really great game. Hell, all it really needed in my opinion was more content.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Lebowski, post: 6430313]LOL how are we still snatching up Xbox exclusives?![/QUOTE]

The title might need to be changed it does kind of sound like that doesn't it.
Its coming to PS4, PC and Xbox. This shouldn't surprise anyone. I'd be more shocked if it didn't.

@lef, more content and no bots, they were dam cheap kills.

DarkNemesis

Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2008
Parkville, Maryland
What does TF actually add to an already over crowded and tired genre? Something like Warhawk/Starhawk is better for mechs.TF has no reason to exist other than that the genre is popular and people hype it up like it's something special.At least Destiny separated itself from other FPS games.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6430442]What does TF actually add to an already over crowded and tired genre? Something like Warhawk/Starhawk is better for mechs.TF has no reason to exist other than that the genre is popular and people hype it up like it's something special.At least Destiny separated itself from other FPS games.[/QUOTE]

Man I miss Warhawk.
Best multiplayer game I have ever played.
Ps4 needs a remaster Stat.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
My experience with Titanfall was a great one. The core gunplay and parkour and mechs made it a very fun and intense shooter. It's up there and maybe even past Battlefield in the excitement factor. It just had very little content and polish to make it worth it's original pricetag. If they can remedy that in the sequel I think it'll be a must buy for shooter fans.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I only played the beta and that was ok. The game still felt too CoD and the maps felt empty. There were a lot of NPC's and not enough players. I think that in the sequel they should further differentiate themselves from other games. The mechs are a big thing and I like them a lot. I'd like to see more gadgets besides the titans just to spice things up.

I realize that I only played the beta and I can't form a strong opinion so yeah. Take it or leave it I suppose.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Maybe now that they're not doing this on Gen 7 consoles, they will have the resources for more MP. Personally, I love 64 player but 32 would be the sweet spot if they keep the npcs.

Also, like someone said earlier, a proper campaign would definitely be a welcome addition.