Titanfall 2 will have 'bigger footprint than just a single platform' - coming to PS4?

Shockwave

PSU Editor
Nov 11, 2007
Ireland
http://www.psu.com/news/25800/Titan...-than-just-a-single-platform---coming-to-PS4-

It looks as if those PlayStation 4 owners yearning for some mech-based anarchy in the form of Titanfall may be in luck after all, as publisher Electronic Arts has discussed multiplatform options for the game's yet-to-be-announced sequel.

Speaking at this year's Technology, Internet & Media Conference, Electronic Arts CFO Blake Jorgenson talked briefly about the multiplatform options for the Respawn Entertainment-developed shooter by saying:

''Last year it was on the Xbox only; in the future, we haven't yet announced, but we'll probably have another Titanfall game. It will probably be a bigger footprint than just a single platform. I think that's a huge positive for us.''

It's no surprise that PS4's unbridled success since its launch has had a resounding effect on EA's thinking for the Titanfall series, with the potential for far more profit abundantly clear if the publisher chooses to go down the multiplatform route as expected.

Atop of that, Respawn Entertainment co-founder Vince Zampella had previously hinted that it was in-fact only the original Titanfall that was set to be exclusive to Microsoft platforms but that the developer would ''of course'' produce software for Sony's PS4.

Either way, we here at PSU expect some form of announcement to come at this year's E3 convention in Los Angeles, if not before.
What say ye? More the merrier, I think, and I'd like to give the game a go. Especially a sequel where Respawn's learned from its shortcomings.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not so sure. I'm actually more sold on Halo 5 than this.

I think the parkour-fps is exciting and the mecha aspect seems solid. But the sum of its parts.. I don't know.

I've always longed for a arena shooter that feels like Ut99 but that's even more light on its feet. One that incorporates parkour and jetpacks and spacesuits! Kind of how you'd expect Skaarj (Predators) to move around.

I'd guess I'd give Titanfall 2 a try, but I'm far from sold on the game yet.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
I played it already so dont really care. No surprise about coming to Ps4 though. Hard to ignore such a large userbase. You can play the first one on your PC anyway.

Jan 27, 2015
I'd be very happy with this, granted the first was hit and miss, but it has some very nice elements (burn cards, etc) which I think can be improved upon for the second and be brilliant.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6420625]I'm not so sure. I'm actually more sold on Halo 5 than this.

I think the parkour-fps is exciting and the mecha aspect seems solid. But the sum of its parts.. I don't know.

I've always longed for a arena shooter that feels like Ut99 but that's even more light on its feet. One that incorporates parkour and jetpacks and spacesuits! Kind of how you'd expect Skaarj (Predators) to move around.

I'd guess I'd give Titanfall 2 a try, but I'm far from sold on the game yet.[/QUOTE]

TF doesn't really play like that sadly, but hell yeah Id be in or that as well.

And yes Im more excited for H5 after playing the beta.

zex494

Superior Member
Sep 26, 2007
Sanc Kingdom
Played it,not interested. Too little,too late. All I hear is "we didn't get the sales numbers we'd hoped for,so this time we'll expand to Playstation and beyond" no thanks, you made your bed now sleep in it

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
If there's single player in this I may give it a rent. Still done a lot in sales regardless but would of done better if they put the original on PS4 as well but due to MS paying EA it was made exclusive to MS.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
Like I said before, this game model have F2P smell all over it. If they want success they should release the second one as F2P.

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Well, this isn't exactly a shocker. It was stated very early on that the franchise is not a exclusive. Then a bunch of double talk about whether or not the first game may or may not come to other platforms.

For me personally, unless it gets a full story campaign in the game, I don't have any interest in playing it. I enjoy cooperative multiplayer campaigns, I really love single play campaigns, but I hate strictly competitive shooters. It's just not my cup of tea baggers...

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
If there is no single player campaign, then the game can piss off. Same goes with Evolve.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
I liked the mechs. I really liked the mechs but the game felt hollow. Too many NPCs wondering around during matches. It felt too CoDish as well.

If it can separate itself more and do it's own thing then I'd give it a look. There would probably be an open beta like the first game had.

Edit: Or a free weekend. Whatever it was I played.

Last edited:

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="DarkNemesis, post: 6421545]Not interested,generic FPS,EA, and it brings nothing original to the table.Pass.[/QUOTE]

Ive heard a lot of things leveled at TF but "generic FPS" isn't one of them.
It really doesn't play like anything Ive ever played.
My issue with it is more a long the lines of how little variation there is in its unique gameplay. As pod says, it seems hollow.

There is a dish served here, its a different sort of dish, but there isnt much to eat.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6421549]I liked the mechs. I really liked the mechs but the game felt hollow. Too many NPCs wondering around during matches. It felt too CoDish as well. If it can separate itself more and do it's own thing then I'd give it a look. There would probably be an open beta like the first game had.[/QUOTE] Yeah it plays very much like COD. The only thing that sets it apart at all is the mechs. Take away the mechs and its COD through and through. I did have fun with it though because I liked the mechs.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
I think my issue was that the all the bots running around were kind of easy to spawn kill, and there is something satisfying about killing an actual player...if you can find one.
COD you know you are always up against a real person. This plays a lot different due to the easy bot kills as far as I concerned, and leaves you feeling a bit cheapened.

Pull the bots and we might have a decent game.

Last edited: