To any that want a Sony extended warranty

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
I found this on Sonystyle.com. I wish I would have known about this before my 6 months passed on both my PS3s:x

PlayStation® Extended Service Plans
Sony Extended Service Plans are now available for PlayStation® 3.
You will enjoy many years of quality entertainment from your PlayStation and now you can have the added peace of mind of knowing you are covered in the event you should need service.
Pricing and Options
Pricing and options listed on the pricing tab are for standalone Service Plans only. For the latest pricing and available options when bundled with your new Sony product, please check individual product pages or in your shopping cart during checkout.
Protect your investment: 2-4 year Service Plans available.
This Service Plan includes all parts, labor and shipping costs in its coverage to make sure your Sony PlayStation is repaired and delivered back to you without any out-of-pocket costs. Coverage begins on the date you purchased the product and runs concurrently with the Limited Warranty.

Service Plans include:
  • Complete protection against unexpected, costly service bills
  • Extended Service Plans only use Sony parts, Sony service centers or Sony-authorized repair centers and parts - the ones who know Sony products the best
  • Lightning/surge protection
  • Shipping costs are covered under the Extended Service Plan
  • Extended Service Plans begin the date you purchased your product
  • Full refund of your Extended Service Plan within 60 days of purchase
Extended Service Plans run concurrently with the Limited Warranty so the later you purchase the Service Plan, the less coverage you will receive. Adding your Service Plan today ensures confidence in full product protection and entitles you to value pricing. Also, purchasing Extended Service Plans at a later date requires a valid proof of purchase and are only available within the first 6 months of your product purchase.
  • All Sony Extended Service Plans are offered, administered and fulfilled by Service Net Solutions, LLC and Service Net Solutions of Florida, LLC. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.
Here is the Link

Use quote tags and porvide a link to the source next time ~TwentyThree

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]i got the 2 year Sony extended warranty from sony style for my slim
people tell me its a waste of money but its nice to have[/quote]

I would have said it was a waste of money.. But considering the reason I was getting the Slim I'd say it's rather worth it.

R

Rapture

[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]This would have been good for me last night when I picked up my new Slim. I got the 2 year service plan from Best Buy and it cost around $50-60.[/quote]

You better hope they don't change their warranty plan midway through and screw you over. ;)

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
This maybe the new replacement for Continous Play since it got absued like it did I wonder if I can find the UK version of this deal.

hillybilly

Elite Member
Apr 29, 2008
[QUOTE="dannycorkers, post: 0]Anyone know of something like this in UK?[/quote]
Well once upon a time there was the oh so useful continuous play, but cheapskates found a flaw and they had to shut off the system :|, blame the loss of a warranty service in UK on the people out there who essentially scammed off sony by taking advantage of a major flaw in their process

dannycorkers

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2006
[QUOTE="hillybilly, post: 0]Well once upon a time there was the oh so useful continuous play, but cheapskates found a flaw and they had to shut off the system :|, blame the loss of a warranty service in UK on the people out there who essentially scammed off sony by taking advantage of a major flaw in their process[/quote]

Yeah I'm still on it as far as I know - they agreed to keep existing policies I believe? But a friend has been asking me to find something similar lol....

B

BorrowedChaos

I guess you can't buy it after you purchase your PS3. Maybe if the ps3 is still in warranty then will left you buy it?

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="BorrowedChaos, post: 4762086]I guess you can't buy it after you purchase your PS3. Maybe if the ps3 is still in warranty then will left you buy it?[/quote]

you can buy it as long as your PS3 is not older than 6 months and you have the bill of sale

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
[QUOTE="dannycorkers, post: 0]Yeah I'm still on it as far as I know - they agreed to keep existing policies I believe? But a friend has been asking me to find something similar lol....[/quote]

Yep, im still with them. They charge my bank 4.99 at the start of every month.

Apr 5, 2009
Ok I just purchased this for $99. Am I suppose to be receiving something? I don't get it. They didn't even ask me for proof of purchase.

Green Michine

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
Theres nothing like this in the UK, I wish we had a great service like this.

Is there any way for coverage in the UK? and after purchase? My slim is about 3 months and not sure what to do.

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
[QUOTE="Green Michine, post: 0]Theres nothing like this in the UK, I wish we had a great service like this.

Is there any way for coverage in the UK? and after purchase? My slim is about 3 months and not sure what to do.[/quote]

Mine is about 2 weeks old and I only have its warrenty I am pissed off about Continous Play been cancelled due to the ********s abusing it wish they would offer people it with no registored playstation 3's only.

Oatmeal

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2008
Quahog
i'm going to do this when i get my new Slim next week. i was looking through the site i see Sony have a trade in services. the sad part is its worse then Gamestop i type in my system it said it would give me a $14 plus a $25 extra bonus.