To those that have tattoos...

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
It really depends on the artist. Something like that, asuming you wanna keep it black, would run 120-150 here in FL at my artist. Seeing as you live in Miami most will charge more cause its miami. Also I am assuming you want it the size of the picture. Any larger and the price would be more.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Np. Ask around to diff artist to. Ask what they use, what thier sterilize tech are. look around the shop to make sure its clean. May seem like a no brainer but lots of people dont do it and end up with bad tattoos(fading early, ink bleeding)

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 5237376]Np. Ask around to diff artist to. Ask what they use, what thier sterilize tech are. look around the shop to make sure its clean. May seem like a no brainer but lots of people dont do it and end up with bad tattoos(fading early, ink bleeding)[/QUOTE]

Will do! Thanks for the tips!

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
Really think about it if you want this on your body forever. That's all I'm saying. When I was 18 I wanted all kinds of tattoos but now that I'm 32 I'm glad I didn't get them. Just really think about it. Also look through some artist portfolios and check their work out.

Just had my half leg sleeve finished off last week, I hate the peeling process.

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 5237383]Really think about it if you want this on your body forever. That's all I'm saying. When I was 18 I wanted all kinds of tattoos but now that I'm 32 I'm glad I didn't get them. Just really think about it. Also look through some artist portfolios and check their work out.

Just had my half leg sleeve finished off last week, I hate the peeling process.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I want this. Been wanting one since I learned about the History of tattoos and what they mean. What kind of sleeve did you get on your leg?

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="falconsfan07, post: 5237393]I'm pretty sure I want this. Been wanting one since I learned about the History of tattoos and what they mean. What kind of sleeve did you get on your leg?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you want it, think about it. If you do get it post some pics.

I got a tiger with a lotus and a chrysanthemum. The flowers are for my wife and daughter and the tiger is for me. Waiting for this to heal and will probably get something started on my other leg. Might go with a Superman theme. ;)

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
[QUOTE="FdMstng99, post: 5237406]Just make sure you want it, think about it. If you do get it post some pics.

I got a tiger with a lotus and a chrysanthemum. The flowers are for my wife and daughter and the tiger is for me. Waiting for this to heal and will probably get something started on my other leg. Might go with a Superman theme. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool. I'll be sure to think about it as well but right now I'm leaning toward getting it.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="falconsfan07, post: 5237422]Sounds cool. I'll be sure to think about it as well but right now I'm leaning toward getting it.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you look through some portfolios and check out tattoo shop reviews. Good luck, can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Can post pics of mine but will have to wait until the peeling process is done.

NARCsnake

Forum Elder
Dec 14, 2005
[QUOTE="falconsfan07, post: 5237297]I was just wondering how much it would cost me to get a tattoo of this image on my arm? Looking for an average price.
View attachment 1509 [/QUOTE]

where im at BLACK is more then color and i hav 1 about the same size on my arm so proly around 120$$

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 5239369]Isn't a spider like that usually done on the elbow to signify that you have spent time in prison?[/QUOTE]

No your thinking of the spider web on the elbow.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5239461]Anytime I am tempted to get a tattoo, the thought that it is there for my entire life unless I get painful laser removal stops me.[/QUOTE]

Thats how you know if you are truly ready for one, if you have ANY doubts at all don't get it. I don't regret either of mine and I'll be getting one more later.

tomqman

Superior Member
Apr 11, 2009
i remember that picture. i used it as the starting point of my tattoo. its on my leg just above my ankle. heres a picture of it a few hours after i got it

mine was £65. but thats only because i helped my tattooist get her laptop working. it should of been £90. took about 1 1/2 hours

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5241316]1.5 hours! Seems a long time considering my right arm piece took 2h. Then again, maybe more outlining on yours etc.[/QUOTE]

My tattoo took 14 hours. ;)

I would love to walk into a tattoo parlor get a tattoo and in a few hours leave with a fully completed tattoo. Mine always seem to be huge pieces.

Thinking about a sleeve tattoo piece that I would like to get done in the next couple years. Basing it on Halloween, my favorite holiday.

Last edited:

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5241346]Yeah but tomqman's looks quite small. Yours is half a bloody leg.[/QUOTE]

Mine started out small then I started getting more and more ideas and it ending up being half my leg.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5241350]Pics or it didn't happen. Then I'll show you my fishy.[/QUOTE]

Will post some pics tonight. The websites where I have my pics is blocked at work.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
OK, I only got a dodgy pic of my tatto when she was fresh, can't get a proper pic coz it wraps around my arm a bit. Bear with me.

Last edited:

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
[QUOTE="tomqman, post: 5241368]noxia thats a great tattoo. and only 2 hours to do the whole thing? i think you go to a better tattooist then me[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess it depends on the speed that they feel comfortable with. The lines on yours are nice and sharp, I've seen a lot of dodgy ones.

Yeah was only 2 hours. Only bit that made my eyes water a bit was at the top of my shoulder where the skin is tighter.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5241358]OK, I only got a dodgy pic of my tatto when she was fresh, can't get a proper pic coz it wraps around my arm a bit. Bear with me.

[/QUOTE]

Love the koi tattoo Nox! Mine started out as an oriental style but my tattoo artist suggested more of a realistic tat so we went with that.

Was thinking about doing a oriental style on my other leg with a samurai and dragon. We will see.

Noxia

Forum Sage
Dec 21, 2008
England
Thanks, I have seen a lot of them but most people seem to have coloured ones and I didn't want mine to have a eye, well a pupil anyway. I'll try and get a better picture, I said to the guy I want a pissed off looking fish with a tiny bit of colour on the whole piece. Basically let him freestyle.

Edit: I like any kind of oriental tattoo tbh. My next one is going to be something like a grim reaper, but he'll have an electrc guitar instead of a scythe.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Noxia, post: 5241381]Thanks, I have seen a lot of them but most people seem to have coloured ones and I didn't want mine to have a eye, well a pupil anyway. I'll try and get a better picture, I said to the guy I want a pissed off looking fish with a tiny bit of colour on the whole piece. Basically let him freestyle.

Edit: I like any kind of oriental tattoo tbh. My next one is going to be something like a grim reaper, but he'll have an electrc guitar instead of a scythe.[/QUOTE]

LOL nice.

That's what I told my tattoo artist too that I wanted a pissed of looking tiger.