Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots.. In the works

Two4DaMoney

Master Sage
Jun 4, 2007
It's somewhat hard for me to get excited without seeing gameplay. Hopefully they have a stealth system that actually matters. No silly weapons/attachments being locked out due to money. Unlock all of it. Create more challenging A.I. that doesn't just rush you and can see/shoot you a mile away without any scopes.

Last edited:

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Great, I like shooters w/ a decent length single player mode + story. I'll be getting this when it comes out.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="TAZ427, post: 6239316]Great, I like shooters w/ a decent length single player mode + story. I'll be getting this when it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah IMO they don't feel like every other generic shooter.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="victorijapoosp, post: 6239329]I feel uncomfortable about playing as the American military/CIA personnel. I have zero sympathy for such characters.[/QUOTE]

K....

[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6239804]The video is from November 2011. It may not have anything to do with how the game is now... so I wouldn't bother paying too much attention to it.[/QUOTE]

I thought this would be new footage but I remember this video being posted here a while ago. Disappointing but glad its still in development

sanfordmay

Superior Member
Jan 14, 2013
Texas
[QUOTE="victorijapoosp, post: 6239329]I feel uncomfortable about playing as the American military/CIA personnel. I have zero sympathy for such characters.[/QUOTE]

Fairly though, all the major economic powers spy like crazy on each other, ally or foe, doesn't matter. It's only America as a distinct culture is neither particularly subtle nor circumspect, so we don't hire subtle, circumspect types to support our espionage operations. What I mean is, we don't hire support personnel smart enough to keep their mouths shut. The Brits do. The French do. So their pants only go down in private.

Some of our most ethically troubling military operations, drone kills, for example, other nations don't do it only because we do it. That's not an excuse. I'm an American and I hate all this nonsense. I hate that we're at the forefront of all this nonsense. I'm just saying that we're less the rogue bad guy than we are the fool who blunders forth while the angels hang back. But in a lot of these international policy scenarios, absent our handy foolishness, eventually the angels would rain fire too.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="Sub-stance1, post: 6239284]This is good news. I thought it got cancelled.[/QUOTE]
Yep, same here.

I hope it's not delayed or gimped because of it's "on & off" status.

sanfordmay

Superior Member
Jan 14, 2013
Texas
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 6240074]Yep, same here.

I hope it's not delayed or gimped because of it's "on & off" status.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they just decided to next gen it. Off/on rarely makes a good game but if it was never really off, just moved where the lead SKU(s) are next gen, then maybe it won't suffer.