Tomb Raider sequel "well into development" for Xbox One and PS4

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
Square Enix has confirmed work is already underway on a follow-up to this year's best-selling game Tomb Raider.

The project has been hinted at before, but has now been confirmed by Square Enix's European and American CEO Phil Rogers in an official blog post.

"I am excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel," he wrote, before confirming it was one of the publisher's "next-gen blockbusters".

Tomb Raider rebooted the franchise back in March and is the biggest-selling game in the UK so far this year.

While Rogers says the game is "well into development", we're unlikely to see anything of it until later this year, if not in 2014.
Source

Tomb Raider is one of the best games released this year along with The Last of Us in my opinion, really looking forward to a next gen sequel.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
Square Enix has confirmed work is already underway on a follow-up to this year's best-selling game Tomb Raider.
Wasn't it just a few months ago that they said it didn't sell well?

Oh well, I'm happy. I really liked this year's reboot of the series. Was an awesome game. Gime more!

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
Next-gen sequel? Great.

[QUOTE="shepard, post: 6166832]Wasn't it just a few months ago that they said it didn't sell well?

Oh well, I'm happy. I really liked this year's reboot of the series. Was an awesome game. Gime more![/QUOTE]It was below SE's expectations, but they were still great. 3.4 million last I heard and that was in March.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, I think they did a really good job with the reboot. This was what the series needed if was going to survive at all, after a few really bad Tomb Raider games. I'm definitely looking forward to see another part in this series now.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
now they have a nice char built with decent story, background and next gen consoles. I loved every second of reboot game but they have much harder job this time.

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6167115]now they have a nice char built with decent story, background and next gen consoles. I loved every second of reboot game but they have much harder job this time.[/QUOTE]

I actually think they will have an easier job doing the nextgen title, since the ground work is already there, people will want more of the same.