Top 10 Years In Gaming (can you guess what's number 1? ;))

Nov 22, 2005
If you ask me, Final Fantasy X, which came out late in 2001, had a MUCH better story than Bioshock, and I have beaten both too.

Dax

Superior Member
Aug 1, 2007
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]If you ask me, Final Fantasy X, which came out late in 2001, had a MUCH better story than Bioshock, and I have beaten both too.[/quote]:lol: I am laughing so hard right now. That is like saying Halo 3 has a better story than Mass Effect.

Nov 22, 2005
So a first person shooter with upgradeable abilities has more of a story than a RPG, which is pretty much all story? And to be honest, Mass Effect and Halo are relatively close to each other because of the space feel to it and also the large amounts of shooting. I still think 2007 was more for flame wars than it was for its games. Seriously, 2007 was the biggest year to DESPISE the competition.

Oct 24, 2006
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]So a first person shooter with upgradeable abilities has more of a story than a RPG, which is pretty much all story? And to be honest, Mass Effect and Halo are relatively close to each other because of the space feel to it and also the large amounts of shooting. I still think 2007 was more for flame wars than it was for its games. Seriously, 2007 was the biggest year to DESPISE the competition.[/quote]
I've heard Mass Effect has a pretty engaging story.

And flame wars are just a result of the increasing popularity of the Internet.

Dax

Superior Member
Aug 1, 2007
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]So a first person shooter with upgradeable abilities has more of a story than a RPG, which is pretty much all story?[/quote]

BioShock is extremely philosophical, not to mention has MUCH better characters. Andrew Ryan, Dr. Steinman, Sander Cohen, Fontaine. Even though the story is presented in a very simplistic manner, BioShock has a more intelligent aspect to it than FFX. And no, Halo 3 and Mass Effect are relatively close to each other. They are similar, but that is as far as you should go. What does shooting have to do with story?

One-Shot

Master Guru
Aug 5, 2007
Georgia
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 0]If you ask me, Final Fantasy X, which came out late in 2001, had a MUCH better story than Bioshock, and I have beaten both too.[/quote]
Well it is kind of hard to compair the two since ffx was 95% focused on story, I mean it is a rpg. Bioshock story was really deep though and was really engaging like listening to andrew ryan and seeing the world around you breaking down because of the absence of morals. Wasnt everyones cup of tea since some like everything explaned instead about thinking about it.

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Dax, post: 0]Crackdown is a better game than Pikmin (Pikmin it s good game, but it isn't that great). BioShock has a story that owns them all, same with Mass Effect. CoD4 has better multiplayer than the original Halo. Super Mario Galaxy owns them all except for Halo. It is still 6 vs 11. I would choose 2007 every time.[/quote]
Sorry but FF X has a story that Bioshock/Mass Effect could only dream of. JRPG's strengths will aleays be storyline and WRPG's will be the open worldness.

Halo was the beginning of a legend, while COD 4 was generic in that aspect (expcept for the OH SO AWESOME MP).

GTA III is the first 3D GTA, and I'd pick that over Crackdown. I'd also pick MGS 2 over Super Mario Galaxy any day. DMC is another great legend. I think Soul Calibur was released that year...

Sorry, but 2001 had way more high profile and impacting titles than 2007. :/

[QUOTE="Dax, post: 0]BioShock is extremely philosophical, not to mention has MUCH better characters. Andrew Ryan, Dr. Steinman, Sander Cohen, Fontaine. Even though the story is presented in a very simplistic manner, BioShock has a more intelligent aspect to it than FFX. And no, Halo 3 and Mass Effect are relatively close to each other. They are similar, but that is as far as you should go. What does shooting have to do with story?[/quote]

Sorry but Halo has some cheesy lines, no offence but it's corny.(No that I don't enjoy Halo's story) Sure it's good for an FPS which ususally don't focus on story, but that's it. :?

Baki

Master Guru
Nov 13, 2007
[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 0]JRPGs do usually have pretty solid story lines.
But the real draw is the length of them[/QUOTE]
Final Fantasy series being one of the best of them(if not the best).

Nov 22, 2005
[QUOTE="Carsonal, post: 0]JRPGs do usually have pretty solid story lines.
But the real draw is the length of them[/QUOTE]

Personally, I try to see the value in games now-a-days. I won't buy a game unless I feel that it is really worth having and has enough value to it that it won't run out quickly. Take for example Black (good game by the way), it's fun, but it is too short and the replay value isn't that great, so I don't get much out of it. But things like Final Fantasy games, MGS games, Half-Life games and a few others have a lot of life in my systems.

A

arthur56k

2007 definately the best one for me.
this year though looks great, but last year was crazy, especially on the 360

Dax

Superior Member
Aug 1, 2007
[QUOTE="baki, post: 0]Sorry but FF X has a story that Bioshock/Mass Effect could only dream of. JRPG's strengths will aleays be storyline and WRPG's will be the open worldness.[/quote]

I think you have it the other way around, at least, JRPG's strengths is NOT story. Nothing in FFX can be compared to this. I urge you to read through that and look at how deep the story goes, how all the characters are all shades of "grey." Andrew Ryan's downfall.
while COD 4 was generic in that aspect (expcept for the OH SO AWESOME MP).
How is CoD4 generic?

GTA III is the first 3D GTA, and I'd pick that over Crackdown.
Okay?
I'd also pick MGS 2 over Super Mario Galaxy any day.
That's fine, but Crackdown and SMG weren't the only games that released in '07.
DMC is another great legend.
In your opinion.
high profile and impacting titles than 2007. :/
I have listed 11 "high profile titles." You have only managed to list 6. Come up with another 5, then we'll talk.

Sorry but Halo has some cheesy lines, no offence but it's corny.(No that I don't enjoy Halo's story) Sure it's good for an FPS which ususally don't focus on story, but that's it. :?
You will forgive the typo. There was suppose to be a "not" in that sentence.