Top Gear trailer

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
Top gear was by far my favourite thing on the BBC but Clarkson, May and Hammond made the show. I think this new version will be a shadow of its former self. Chris Evans is just annoying to me, the beeb should just let this one go and accept is over.
Having said that I'll still watch it, but my expectations aren't high on this one unfortunately

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
I'll watch the trailer later but I agree with Arnold. I watched because the trio provided entertainment and without them then it's just a name.

I'm dreading the fake banter and friendship they'll be putting up for the first few episodes. All
Of that worked with the former trio as you could tell they are genuine friends

TapaTalking from my Mind.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="BBK.., post: 6508128]After Quentin and co?

TapaTalking from my Mind.[/QUOTE]

Yes.
It had Hammond and Clarkson and some fat guy (no captain slow) that did insider news, he was boring and didn't last long.

P.S
Captain slow was on Old top gear as well.

ArnoldRimmer

Superior Member
May 23, 2015
On Red Dwarf....
When top gear was first on it was a factual show about cars, as a petrolhead myself I nodded in appreciation and saw it was good. Under the terrible threesome it changed into an entertainment show that happened to have cars in it and that was truly the winning formula. If people wanted a purely factual programme about cars they could watch a German one but entertaining? That was top gear and also why it sold worldwide for huge amounts. I just can't see Evans, LeBlanc et al having that same feeling

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
And Clarckson has certainly a lot to do with it, he was why I watched Old top gear, my dad used to watch it in the 80s and it was proper boring with william woollard and mostly beardymen, then along came Tony the rally guy and more importantly Clarckson, who had a way with words and how he said certain thins injected some life into the show and that is when I started to like it. Then TG started to get a bit meh again and then he and other presenters left and it went really shitty fast and got cancelled.

POWER!

Last edited: