Transformers WFC Demo is out on the Xbox Live Marketplace!!!

falconsfan07

Dedicated Member
Jun 29, 2007
Cybertron
[QUOTE="A7MAD, post: 5045294]I'll hit it up after I finish watching Uruguay Vs France.

+rep for the news.[/QUOTE]

That game is gonna be sick. Rooting for France.

A7

Supreme Veteran
Apr 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The first was actually pretty damn good.

RSA Vs Mexico.
Awesome match. I wasn't aware that the South African team was that good.

FIFA WC 2010 started off with a great match.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 5045519]No it should be made out of code.

Good guess tho![/QUOTE]

Umm, what? If your talking to me, are you an idiot or do you just play one on the internet? I meant is it FOR golds. it's not a hard concept to understand

Strung Out

Elite Member
Aug 15, 2007
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5045548]Umm, what? If your talking to me, are you an idiot or do you just play one on the internet? I meant is it FOR golds. it's not a hard concept to understand[/QUOTE]

quit making canadians look bad, he was clearly just joking around.

exYle

Master Guru
Aug 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5045548]Umm, what? If your talking to me, are you an idiot or do you just play one on the internet? I meant is it FOR golds. it's not a hard concept to understand[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, man, lighten up. I found it chuckle-worthy.

I like the CoD-like customization of it. I'm a little mixed on the shooting mechanics - they feel good and yet something about them feels off.
Definitely like the transformations. Though admittedly, the vehicle modes are kinda pointless for anything other than a getaway or trying to reach your destination faster.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
Well after having played it, I find the character model detail very lacking (and blurry). But I'm willing to bet this is probably because its a demo and these are placeholder models (for instance you play as Megatron himself in the MP as a soldier.. Which as stated by High Moon Studios, only custom user created characters will be in the MP).

Aside from that, the levels look fantastically detailed and teaming with electronic "life".

I am a bit worried about how potentially repetitive this game might get though. There's only so many weapons to choose from, its 4v4 only and no real cover system to speak of.. And the maps look cramped... I was also sorely disappointed with how the melee system handled.

I was hoping you could permanently draw your weapon and wield it. Block, parry, attack (that sort of thing) and if you kill somebody you can perform an execution with it..

If they can convince me that the above won't be issues in the final released game we might have ourselves the first truly awesome Transformers game!

Edit: well apparently there is a "melee only" MP mode for the game.. That to me denotes that its much deeper than what I thought it was (push melee button, swing once, but away weapon).

So does anybody know how to actually equip the melee weapons then?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
[QUOTE="exYle, post: 5045873]Oh come on, man, lighten up. I found it chuckle-worthy.

I like the CoD-like customization of it. I'm a little mixed on the shooting mechanics - they feel good and yet something about them feels off.
Definitely like the transformations. Though admittedly, the vehicle modes are kinda pointless for anything other than a getaway or trying to reach your destination faster.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda always been what the vehicles forms are used for.

I love how the game feels like The Liandri Conflict mixed with a COD like customization system.

exYle

Master Guru
Aug 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Blackout'08, post: 5045930]That's kinda always been what the vehicles forms are used for.[/QUOTE]

Then the vehicles weapons don't serve much purpose then, do they? I mean, I've been playing as a soldier a lot, which transforms into a tank. It's obvious that the cannon has a ton of power to it, yet the slow fire rate and the fact that I'm never a vehicle in combat makes it seem pointless.