True Detective

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
If none of you have seen this, i suggest you get on it straight away, im fucking hooked. You have a tv show with 2 MASSIVE hollywood actors at the top of their game.

The dialogue between the 2 of them is fantastic and the show pulls you in and keeps you hooked and guessing. I've watched upto ep4 (there are 6 out atm with 8 in total) and i have recommended this to ALL my pals.

I suggest you do the same. brilliant tv/acting/directing from HBO

Im talking breaking bad/the wire levels of awesome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Detective_(TV_series)

Last edited:
May 19, 2007
At Home
www.youtube.com
Yeah really interested in it because of all the buzz around but I haven't seen any of it yet, well besides obviously looking up Alexandra Daddario's naked scene :p

I'm going to try to avoid spoilers and wait until the season is over and binge watch all 10 episodes. I hate waiting. :)

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6305561]That women has the best tits ive seen, wow she is sooooo hot!!!!

its 8 episodes fyi, 6th one is on sunday[/QUOTE]

instantly googled and you're not wrong buddy!

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
Saw this advertised for sky (which I don't have) and it did look good. Was surprised to see Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in a TV show.

I'll definitely keep it on my radar.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
I just started watching last night and I'm hooked already. Mconaughey has a ranch just outside the city that I live in. But yeah him and Harrelson are brilliant in this show.

Last edited:

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6305799]I just started watching last night and I'm hooked already. Mconaughey has a ranch just outside the city that I live in. But yeah him and Harrelson are brilliant in this show.[/QUOTE]

I actually really like Mattew McConaughey... tell him I said hello.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Episodes 4 and 5 just shit on every current television show out right now. Every episode in this feels like film quality. The production values alone, but it's the stellar writing that makes this show amazing. I can't wait for Sunday. Hurry the hell up, time!!

What sucks is that each new season of this series sets up two new characters, so this is the only time we'll see Matt and Woody, next season it's two, completely new actors. It's gonna be hard to top these two characters.

I want Edward Norton and Sam Rockwell.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this show is the bomb

But yeah. Season 2 will be need actors and a different setting. Kinda expected that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
That's part of the charm tho... We know nothing about MM but we know a lot about WH.

What is bugging me is why they haven't spoken in over 12 years

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6306798]That's part of the charm tho... We know nothing about MM but we know a lot about WH.

What is bugging me is why they haven't spoken in over 12 years

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That is nothing to do with the case though. Surely that is why the whole series exists.
All the other stuff is like Fellatio, good stuff but not what I really want.

Jan 29, 2007
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6306801]That is nothing to do with the case though. Surely that is why the whole series exists.
All the other stuff is like Fellatio, good stuff but not what I really want.[/QUOTE]The personal aspect is always the detectives' true drive. Neither character would be who they are without it.

Gantz

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2007
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6306771]I don't like how we are told about the detectives personal lives or at least one of them. That stuff really bores me.[/QUOTE]

The writer said he doesnt really care about serial killers hes more interested in the personal stuff between the two of them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Gantz, post: 6308038]The writer said he doesnt really care about serial killers hes more interested in the personal stuff between the two of them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Guess it isn't my thing then.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
Awesome episode 6. I like that Marty has a revolver on him. The last time they saw each other, it didn't end well and now with all the new information Marty has on Rust, I think he's a little worried about his personal safety and believes the rumors. But what I love more is that Rust is the only sane person in this how. He's everything Marty wishes he was, an honest person, good lover and rational, smart man. I really don't want this to end because their on-screen presence is what makes this show so great. The serial killers and all the action sequences are like the most delicious bits of desert you'll ever taste and isn't distracting. I love this show. Worth the blu-ray price when it comes to retail. I can't wait to see the special features of this wonderful show. I really don't want it to end. :(

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
That was truly an amazing episode. The last 20-25 minutes were so amazing. The thrill of finding the killer, his dungeon, the way he created and the way they panned the sound for him in post when he speaks off camera to guide our main characters is truly frightening. But I think the most amazing moment in this series and in television and in writing history is Rust breaking down. He always seems so cool and emotionless, but he finally broke down. He cried and I cried with him. That was such a beautiful moment he had between him and Marty. I can't forget that. I'll never forget that. This is a series that will go down in television with the greats like Breaking Bad, but what's more amazing is that even though this show had only eight episodes, it built and established so much more than any other show that is existing today or before with its characters, the locations and the writing. I truly feel privileged to be alive to see this show in my 20's. This certainly has helped me become a better writer for myself. I fucking love this series and I can't wait for season 2.

This is what's in store for season 2:

"Okay. This is really early, but I'll tell you (it's about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system "

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/nic...nding-of-true-detective-and-teases-season-two

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
The last conversation when he was in the wheelchair, he will win an emmy for to to go along with his Oscar.