True Detective

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
Anybody else been watching this season? Season 1 was some of the best TV i've seen, but season 2 has been a complete dive bomb, absolutely brutal.

Watched every episode at least twice to try and get an understanding of whats actually going on, just finished the final episode and i'm just absolutely lost :lol:

Roll on season 3, certainly can't get any worse than this one....

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
It had great acting and some of the characters i liked. Velcoro and Frank being my favorites but the story was a big confusing mess. They had a good cast but the story just killed this season. It wasn't bad but it was just too scattered with the story to get into. Whoever is responsible for that story needs to just step back. That was the biggest disappointment because it ruined what could have been very good. But it's a tough cookie to follow considering season 1 is probably one of the top 10 best television events ever. They had lightning in a bottle on the first. It was almost inevitable that the second wouldn't live up but it didn't even come close.

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
I thought season 1 was some of the best TV drama I've seen in years, literally. So much so I bought the season on blu-ray :) Great soundtrack and some nice cinematography too. As soon as I saw the 2 main actors were different for season 2 I didn't even bother with it. Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn? Really? Seriously? :lol: No thanks.

Last edited:

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
Yaay, isn't just me that watches TD, thought this thread was gonna sink

I think because S1 got so much praise they tried to make it even deeper but in the end overdid it, and it just became a mess. Just far too much going on. Apart from Frank, all the characters were pretty unlikable

[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6467277]I thought season 1 was some of the best TV drama I've seen in years, literally. So much so I bought the season on blu-ray :) Great soundtrack and some nice cinematography too. As soon as I saw the 2 main actors were different for season 2 I didn't even bother with it. Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn? Really? Seriously? :lol: No thanks.[/QUOTE]

The characters change each season, Vince Vaughn actually turned out to be pretty damn good, did his part really well

Major

Forum Elder
Apr 10, 2014
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6467382]The characters change each season...[/QUOTE]
So the charcaters played by CF and VV in S2 are not the same characters as MM and WH in S1? To clarify, is what you're saying??? Well how the hell can they call that season 2 then? It's a totally different show :lol:

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
I was just completely uninterested by around episode 6 or 7. The dialogue was weak, the characters were completely unlikable and the overall story was a mess.

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
[QUOTE="MajorMajor, post: 6467389]So the charcaters played by CF and VV in S2 are not the same characters as MM and WH in S1? To clarify, is what you're saying??? Well how the hell can they call that season 2 then? It's a totally different show :lol:[/QUOTE]

Correct, Think its called an Anthology Series or something which means each series presents a different story and a different set of characters, setting ect

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6467382]Yaay, isn't just me that watches TD, thought this thread was gonna sink

I think because S1 got so much praise they tried to make it even deeper but in the end overdid it, and it just became a mess. Just far too much going on. Apart from Frank, all the characters were pretty unlikable

The characters change each season, Vince Vaughn actually turned out to be pretty damn good, did his part really well[/QUOTE]

Yeah VV did a good job and so did Colin Ferrell but I think that's about it. I liked both their characters. Rachel McAdams did a solid job but I hated her character. Taylor Klistch was a joke. I hated his performance and his character. Don't know how he got thrown in the mix.

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
[QUOTE="PS4freak, post: 6467448]Yeah VV did a good job and so did Colin Ferrell but I think that's about it. I liked both their characters. Rachel McAdams did a solid job but I hated her character. Taylor Klistch was a joke. I hated his performance and his character. Don't know how he got thrown in the mix.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't sure about Ferrell tbh.

Sounds like the guy that writes TD (Pizzolato?) is a bit of a wanker, not reading great things about him

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6467650]I wasn't sure about Ferrell tbh.

Sounds like the guy that writes TD (Pizzolato?) is a bit of a wanker, not reading great things about him[/QUOTE]

Yeah it could get dicey at times but I thought overall it was a good performance.