Two Worlds II - How would you rate it?

Feb 1, 2011
Lucky 38
How would you rate Two Worlds II?

Let's say you were willing to accept a lower-standard for graphics, and storyline.
As an RPG that provides deep character management, and a large world to explore, with tonnes of loot and enemies, and quests...how would you rate it based on that criteria?

Just curious. It seems to have alot of mixed reactions. But it seems alot of people scoring it low were expecting Final Fantasy graphics, and an epic overall plot.
It seems like the kind of game that doesn't worry too too much about the ending, but focuses more on the journey to get there (like Oblivion). And that's what I'm after...something kind of like Champions of Norath (PS2), with extra depth.

So I was just hoping to hear some opinions on this one.

Clarification Note: I've already decided to buy, so this isn't me asking for a recommendation. I'd just like to know how you'd rate it, and hopfully a couple of reasons why you'd give it that score.

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
I saw a couple of reviews that seemed pretty honest. Basically said the RPG elements were good. Other than that I can't tell you. Haven't played it. I got a 15 dollar off coupon for it so I might pick it up so any contributions would help me out too. :)

jnukem

Apprentice
Nov 21, 2006
Sigghhh... I played it for about 5 hours and I had to get rid of it. I too was looking for the kind of journey Mr. House is looking for. I couldn't get use to how the game felt when fighting and traveling. The controls felt soooo bad. The attacks didn't seem like they were in sync with my remote. I tried making a move and the move didn't register and I had to try again. Then after the third time of hitting a button my character would execute. The movement when traveling was unpleasant. Riding the horse was awful. The background gets blurry when you run and you end up missing a turn or fall off a cliff. I like the way you can improve / breakdown weapons, armor etc... The majic is ok. Spellcasting was a pain IMO because I would press L2 and nothing would happen then I would get hit by an enemy. The voice acting is terrible and I can usually get over that but the voices weren't even in sync with the characters. I might have been a little impatient but I wanted to get some of my $60 back by trading it in. I was fully prepared to "settle" for mediocre because I wanted an RPG like the OP did. But I just couldn't stomach the game. And I am far from picky!! I'm going to rent Arcania Gothic 4 (release is March 28 for PS3) becasue I have seen mixed reviews too.

Feb 1, 2011
Lucky 38
@jnukem
Yowza. Sounds like I really go to lower my standards to get through this one.
I'm literally staring at my unopened copy sitting next to my keyboard right now...with forced optimism.
But I'll give it a go.

What you're saying about the responsiveness of the controls is what I'm fearing the most.
I hope I can find a rhythm that suits this game.

jnukem

Apprentice
Nov 21, 2006
[QUOTE="Mr.House, post: 5470154]@jnukem
Yowza. Sounds like I really go to lower my standards to get through this one.
I'm literally staring at my unopened copy sitting next to my keyboard right now...with forced optimism.
But I'll give it a go.

What you're saying about the responsiveness of the controls is what I'm fearing the most.
I hope I can find a rhythm that suits this game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate sounding so negative towards a game. Others have posted on here they really are enjoying playing it. I could have been impatient with it (I trade it in for $35 at the time). Good luck with it.

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
Well, I've played a ton of MMORPG's in my time being a gamer so I am use to the syncing issue when fighting. hehe

I like the game but once I got _______________, it destroyed the entire game for me, infact I wont even try to beat it.

Apr 8, 2010
"Lower standard for graphics"?

You do realize that this is one of the nicest looking rpgs for the PS3 right? If I was to rate Two Worlds 2 I would give it an 8.6. The only negative aspect of the game is the poor technical performance(frame rate, blurry camera at times, extreme motion blur), but as far as enjoying the game for what it is(a purely addictive and fun hack n' slash rpg), I would say that it's one of the funnest rpgs on the PS3.

A word of advice, when you first start the game forget about all the crap you've heard about the game(be it good or bad). I should warn you that the first hour of the game is pretty bad, but once you get past that the game becomes pure gold. Play it for what it is, remember that it's a hack n' slash rpg, not a story driven rpg like Dragon Age. Two Worlds 2 has a ton of customization options and this game has some of the coolest weapons you'll find.

Enjoy.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
controls are bad. It has dialogue issues(people talking then suddenly stop). VA kind of bad, buts rpg core is very nice. Nothing like going into a cave to find out the mobs are way higher than you and you die lol. I would recommend for pc if you can. If you want a good rpg for PS3 tho wait for WKC2.