Ubisoft Press conference

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Kind of funny that people are finally getting a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil and it ends up being a prequel. Still, it's easily the most interesting game they've shown so far.

[video=youtube;L449s9bVdeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L449s9bVdeM[/video]

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Think so far the award for best E3 conference goes to Ubisoft, Skull and Crossbones looks like it could be awesome and I actually really liked what they showed of Far Cry 5, plus Beyond Good and Evil 2 finished it all of brilliantly!

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I've been waiting for a pirate game from Ubi since black flag. To be honest I was hoping for a new series of single player games but we got multiplayer instead.

I prefer the idea of controlling my own ship without sharing it like Sea of Thieves. I prefer the Ubi graphics too.

One would think that the shanties alone would be enough for me to preorder but I'm not. I'm a bit sceptical about the multiplayer. I'll keep a close eye on it.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Yeah, MjW. I remember a lot of us talking about that after Black Flag. How we would love for Ubi to take the pirate ship concept and battle mechanics from AC 4 and make its own game out of it.

Ubisoft.....you reading this forum? :cool:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6530342]Yeah, MjW. I remember a lot of us talking about that after Black Flag. How we would love for Ubi to take the pirate ship concept and battle mechanics from AC 4 and make its own game out of it.

Ubisoft.....you reading this forum? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.
Back then Ubi could have copied AC4, added a nice pirate story and I'd still have bought it. Makes one wonder what their market analysts are doing.

Now all we can do is wait for Skull & Bones, to see how it will turn up. If it doesn't earn them enough maybe they will consider making it single player? What does it take for Ubi to want take our loot?

B

Blizzack1980

I saw on Twitter someone made a ludicrous bet they would do if Ubisoft announced BGE2, and they did. Let's hope the internet holds them to their word.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="MjW, post: 6530334]I've been waiting for a pirate game from Ubi since black flag. To be honest I was hoping for a new series of single player games but we got multiplayer instead.

I prefer the idea of controlling my own ship without sharing it like Sea of Thieves. I prefer the Ubi graphics too.

One would think that the shanties alone would be enough for me to preorder but I'm not. I'm a bit sceptical about the multiplayer. I'll keep a close eye on it.[/QUOTE]

If it is mp only I will skip, even I would love to try it. is it confirmed that it is mp only?

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-announces-skull-and-bones-an-open-world-multiplayer-pirate-game/

And a bit more detail on the different forms of piracy in Skull and Bones:

Dominate a Dangerous Open Ocean:
A shared open world that reacts as you plunder rich trade routes

Customize Your Pirate Experience:
Choose your captain, recruit your crew and build deadly ships

Naval Combat Redefined:
Use your weapons, spyglass and even the wind to stalk and destroy your prey

Play Solo or Coop:
Raid the Hunting Grounds alone or group with other players to hunt larger prey

Explosive Multiplayer:
Enter the Disputed Waters and fight for supremacy in a variety of game modes
Looks like it does have a Solo mode.