Ugh? Trollface on PSN???

Itachi

Forum Sage
Nov 13, 2010
Winterfell
Hacking attempt I would say. Some one who can access the avatar settings modified the image, or maybe its the image that is supposed to show up when the real avy fails to load (highly unlikely sony will pick a troll face)

neoxthexone

Master Poster
Feb 18, 2009
England
www.movieviral.com
[QUOTE="D3RM1AN, post: 6073778]That...that's some weird shit. Either Sony is bored or you're being hacked??[/QUOTE]
This was my initial thought aswell, there's been a few times where my avatar profile picture hasn't loaded up but this is the first time I've seen a trollface appear.

Best solution I can think is to contact Sony.

Apr 7, 2013
Jolly ol' London
[QUOTE="neoxthexone, post: 6073790]This was my initial thought aswell, there's been a few times where my avatar profile picture hasn't loaded up but this is the first time I've seen a trollface appear.

Best solution I can think is to contact Sony.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I suggest you contact Sony too. But the thing i'm wondering about is: How did they manage to get a custom image (the troll face) onto the PS3 to become a avatar? Well almost anyways. It's definitely signs of hacking.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
What Sony should show us is When we last logged in on the account and from what IP.
Some online things show that sort of details nowadays.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
That is actually pretty funny. Shame the entire avatar is not the trollface. Would be fun to have it.

neoxthexone

Master Poster
Feb 18, 2009
England
www.movieviral.com
I rang up but they told me I had to report this online, but they did check themselves to see if my account has been logged in by anywhere else using the PS3's they couldn't give me any information on IP addresses, though.
The only explanation the guy could give me was it might of been the server having errors, I don't think thats it because having an image of a trollface is way to specific.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2013
Jolly ol' London
[QUOTE="neoxthexone, post: 6074136]I rang up but they told me I had to report this online, but they did check themselves to see if my account has been logged in by anywhere else using the PS3's they couldn't give me any information on IP addresses, though.
The only explanation the guy could give me was it might of been the server having errors, I don't think thats it because having an image of a trollface is way to specific.[/QUOTE]

Even though it's a big problem for you and some, I say you leave it for now and enjoy your games. Maybe even play a joke to your friends if they can see it :D
Sony's clearly useless when it comes to this situation, so just look at the bright side. :)

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="D3RM1AN, post: 6074971]Even though it's a big problem for you and some, I say you leave it for now and enjoy your games. Maybe even play a joke to your friends if they can see it :D
Sony's clearly useless when it comes to this situation, so just look at the bright side. :)[/QUOTE]

But if it indeed was hacked, as it looks like, and his CC info is on there, then it's no laughing matter.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="neoxthexone, post: 6076775]Emailed Sony they replied back with basically change your password and email address on the account.[/QUOTE]

This is a massive problem, and this is how they handle ? Lame...

neoxthexone

Master Poster
Feb 18, 2009
England
www.movieviral.com
Hi I want to clarify some things to several people.
-Both of my PS3's are not Jailbroken
-There's two PS3's in the house that I only use.
-I've had no more problems since then.
-I don't have an android phone (blackberry torch- terrible phone BTW)
-I was just wanting to share to see who else has had this problem as I was corncerned with any hacking attempt on my account, but as others have said it may of been just a glitch on the network.

[QUOTE="Chille, post: 6079702]Btw neo your avatar looks normal on my friendlist[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the profile picture turned back to normal as soon as I logged off and on again.

Last edited: