UK | The Crew - £24.99 at Amazon/Game

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Saw this earlier and was soooo tempted. But if ubisoft pull their finger out their backside I maybe able to get it free having the AC unity season pass.

I enjoyed the crew beta, tweak the handling sensitivity and it makes it much more enjoyable :D

Jan 9, 2014
Wales
www.twitter.com
[QUOTE="GazzaGSi, post: 6408781]Saw this earlier and was soooo tempted. But if ubisoft pull their finger out their backside I maybe able to get it free having the AC unity season pass.

I enjoyed the crew beta, tweak the handling sensitivity and it makes it much more enjoyable :D[/QUOTE]

I believe you can claim the free game from today onwards. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...son-pass-owners-can-now-claim-their-free-game

It seems Ubisoft games have crashed in value, which is a bit strange. The Crew was only released on the last week of November I think? AC: Unity (admittedly with a host of problems) is already super cheap and is being given away with a load of Xbone bundles.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="welshboymick, post: 6408799]I believe you can claim the free game from today onwards. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...son-pass-owners-can-now-claim-their-free-game

It seems Ubisoft games have crashed in value, which is a bit strange. The Crew was only released on the last week of November I think? AC: Unity (admittedly with a host of problems) is already super cheap and is being given away with a load of Xbone bundles.[/QUOTE]
Brill thanks didn't realise it was up to claim for yet.

Yeah the only thing holding it together currently is Far Cry, just seen Unity for £24 at tesco as well!

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
I may claim for far cry and sell my physical copy and just wait for the crew to drop more in price. Looking at watch dogs being £10 pre owned I can see the crew going the same way.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Game UK are also offering The Crew for £24.99 this Christmas, would anyone recommend giving this game a go? I am still on the fence about it as I love racing games but it just doesn't scream out "next generation" to me.......

Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6408788]Very good price, but still not 100% confident I would enjoy it![/QUOTE]

as somebody who usually hates racing games, i was thoroughly impressed. don't know if that helps.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6408816]Game UK are also offering The Crew for £24.99 this Christmas, would anyone recommend giving this game a go? I am still on the fence about it as I love racing games but it just doesn't scream out "next generation" to me.......[/QUOTE]

Well I loved the beta. You can tweak the handling in the usual sim racer ways (probably not as in depth) like deadzone and errmmm other ones I can't remember.

There really weren't any loading screens and the map is huugggee (which ironically helps with the no loading screens).

The open worldness felt just like gta etc to me. So much so it got me to start playing Watchdogs again as I kept wanting to get out of the car while just pissing about.

If it's still at this price after Christmas I'm definitely going to buy it.

I'll add a link to Game

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="darky89, post: 6408822]Well I loved the beta. You can tweak the handling in the usual sim racer ways (probably not as in depth) like deadzone and errmmm other ones I can't remember.

There really weren't any loading screens and the map is huugggee (which ironically helps with the no loading screens).

The open worldness felt just like gta etc to me. So much so it got me to start playing Watchdogs again as I kept wanting to get out of the car while just pissing about.

If it's still at this price after Christmas I'm definitely going to buy it.

I'll add a link to Game[/QUOTE]

I might make the wife buy it for me for Christmas, that way I won't feel like I have wasted my money if I don't like it then lol

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6408816]Game UK are also offering The Crew for £24.99 this Christmas, would anyone recommend giving this game a go? I am still on the fence about it as I love racing games but it just doesn't scream out "next generation" to me.......[/QUOTE]

If you can put the graphics aside then yes, the size of the map obviously meant the graphics had to be scaled back for it to run decent. If you like RPG games then this is basically that but in a huge selection of cars :D

Watch afew vids of people playing on twitch or something :cool:

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
[QUOTE="rich2086, post: 6408878]Must be crap if they are dropping the price so much so quickly[/QUOTE]

It's a holiday sale, not a permanent price drop. Huge difference.

To put in my 2 cents for Duffman, the game really shines best with the social aspect. As a racer it's still pretty fun but the best parts are touring around and playing in the sandbox basically. Even random encounters with other players can evolve into really fun adventures. I think it's better to call it a driving game than a racing game, that's closer to it's true core. It's a lot of fun, I really like it.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This game is a lot of fun. Also quite frustrating. This is pretty much a racing rpg game.

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6409177]all i know is that the game played like $#@!. i didn't even bother with the beta, that's how bad it was.[/QUOTE]
Tweaking the steering settings makes it a hell of a lot better, steering sensitivity at about 90% makes a huge improvement.

Anyway, it's £21.99 now :lol:

Last edited:

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
i sort of felt like the game was for racing fans, not for everyone. i was hoping it was going to be engaging from the beginning but it felt kind of meh.

bru_sek

Apprentice
Mar 18, 2010
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6409175]This game is a lot of fun. Also quite frustrating. This is pretty much a racing rpg game.[/QUOTE]

That describes it pretty perfectly for me.

HeWhoIsMe

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2008
[QUOTE="Omar, post: 6409251]i sort of felt like the game was for racing fans, not for everyone. i was hoping it was going to be engaging from the beginning but it felt kind of meh.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, from what you said in post 17 it sounds like you gave this game all of 2 minutes in one of the betas (not even a finished product mind you) before you wrote it off. It's hard for me to feel you are qualified to make conclusions based on that, even judging the game from it's beginnign alone because you didn't even tweak the controls any before you decided it played like &#(@&^(.

What did you do, load up the beta and drive 10 feet, decide you had enough? If I'm reading that wrong please forgive me and enlighten me, how much of the beta (and which beta) did you play?

GazzaGSi

Elite Guru
May 9, 2007
Just downloaded this now (another digital title to the library) :D Managed to claim it as a freebie from the AC Unity issues with having the season pass for AC. I enjoyed the beta so looking forward to trying the full game out. Watched a lot of streams on the Live with Playstation app and from what I've seen I like especially with them being further into the game than I got with the beta. If anyone wants to add me feel free, psn ID is the same as my username on here, it looks like alot more fun with people than going through it solo so if anyone wants to share the experience drop me a friend request, from the UK ;)