Uncharted 2 Spinning Dagger 2018

nichharp

Feb 25, 2018
I've been meaning to play the Uncharted series for a long time. I raced through the first one and now I'm attempting to play the second.
My first hurdle was that it just gave me a black screen and I could not do anything but shut off the PlayStation and try again.
Eventually, by making a new account, I managed to progress but am now stuck with the spinning dagger. I can put the disc in and run it but immediately I'm hit with that dagger that won't go away. I've tried to leave it for an hour but no dice. Just kept spinning.
I've tried restoring the default settings, deleting game data but nothing seems to work.
I noticed that other people encountered this issue but either it magically works or they never fix it.
It's 2018... There's gotta be a fix for it.... Right?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I can't remember if deleting the game data is something you do when uninstalling the game or if they're done separately but I would try uninstalling it as well (just to make sure all of the files are removed before starting over again). Never experienced this problem myself when playing Uncharted 2 so hopefully you can get it fixed.

nichharp

Feb 25, 2018
Well, I read elsewhere that buying a new disc worked... Just went and did that and it's working fine.
Seems like it's just the disc.
I only paid 2 gbp but can't imagine what it'd have been like if someone experienced this on release