uncharted 3 world of deceit ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0nni3

Superior Member
Jan 5, 2006
this seems alittle out of the blue and title would fit the series quite nicely how come amazon france seems to put odd info up on there site so much!

Kasor

Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
wouldn't be the first time amazon lets it slip, although the games they let slip are usually deep in development

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Also dont forget the united arabic something or other let leak that they were in a localisation meeting concerning U3.

I heard this from Sarcastic Gamer PlayStation Podcast under the rumours section, just fyi - (yes its sarcastic, but thats only sometimes lol)

Seasons

Superior Member
Dec 8, 2009
Amazon FR did slip the ICO HD collection and a couple of other games this past year, so not unbelievable.

Hitman_T92

TWISTED METAL
Sep 1, 2008
Hangar 18
[QUOTE="Chille, post: 5247296]The name seems kind of meh to me, but still uncharted 3 w00t[/QUOTE]
deceit means deception
so the name has an EPIC !! story behind it ;)

deded

Elite Member
Dec 11, 2005
I hope that's a poor French to English translation - I cannot wait for U3, but the best subtitle in the world that is not...

Nikoado

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2009
Ireland
Earlier today, a listing for Uncharted 3: World of Deceit was listed on Amazon france. However, shortly after the appearance of the listing, it was discovered that the box art featured on Amazon was using an alleged “piece” of concept art that a Los Angeles-based “concept designer” created during an architecture class. This left many crying foul. We were just as skeptical, so we did some digging, and found evidence that suggests Albert Ng, the concept artist in question, likely did work on Uncharted 3, therefore giving credence to this retailer listing, concept art and more importantly, the working title of Uncharted 3.

The images posted on Albert Ng’s personal Blogspot, both concept art and logo (pictured at the bottom of the page), look to be authentic. Could he be telling a fib that these were created “for architecture class”? After connecting some dots, we were able to uncover some information that links this artist to Uncharted 3.

People love to expose their most personal of information to others on the internet. And this tidbit, artist Albert Ng just couldn’t keep from posting on his Blogspot. Knowing the name, location, and job description of the concept artist we looked in the most logical of places, LinkedIn. Without much trouble, we were able to find Albert Ng’s profile, which reveals that the concept designer currently works for Tyler West Studio.

On the Tyler West Studio website, the company describes itself as a “conceptual art studio, committed to creating inspirational and informative artwork for video games and film” having contributed to “more than 15 AAA videogames”. I know that when people think of AAA videogames, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the first to come to mind.

After perusing the site for a short while we stumbled upon the studio’s client list; a list that features a multitude of videogame publishers such as: EA, Activision, Ubisoft and the smoking gun… Sony Computer Entertainment.

Is this proof of Uncharted 3‘s — a game we all know is coming — logo and title? No, but the evidence does insist that everything on Albert Ng’s Blogspot was more than likely legitimately made for the third installment in the Uncharted franchise and the subsequent listing on Amazon France for Uncharted 3: World of Deceit makes it all the more real.

What are your thoughts?
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/10/24/uncharted-3-world-of-deceit-ps3/

Looks like it checks out, so I'm inclined to believe this.;)

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="Nikoado, post: 5247473]Looks like it checks out, so I'm inclined to believe this.;)[/QUOTE]

I refuse to believe NG choose suchc rubbish subtitle! It shouts out the plot progression as soon as I saw it.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Teraspark, post: 5247503]I refuse to believe NG choose suchc rubbish subtitle! It shouts out the plot progression as soon as I saw it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure ND wouldn't spoil the story in their subtitle. I think it's a good title, but since we know nothing about the plot, hard to say how relevant it would be to the plot.

I'm still not sure on this tbh, on the one hand, Amazon France have been pretty good with these leaks, but on the other, would ND turn to a student to do concept art for them (which was heavily suggested in the comments on the blog post)?

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="Zoibie, post: 5247520]I'm sure ND wouldn't spoil the story in their subtitle. I think it's a good title, but since we know nothing about the plot, hard to say how relevant it would be to the plot.

I'm still not sure on this tbh, on the one hand, Amazon France have been pretty good with these leaks, but on the other, would ND turn to a student to do concept art for them (which was heavily suggested in the comments on the blog post)?[/QUOTE]

I'm not on about the plot itself. The progression of the plot though would be obvious with this subtitle. That said however, NG do like to surprise and it could be a red herring.

I always assumed that NG had it own Concept Art team.

J

jakster123x

[QUOTE="Teraspark, post: 5247550]I'm not on about the plot itself. The progression of the plot though would be obvious with this subtitle. That said however, NG do like to surprise and it could be a red herring.

I always assumed that NG had it own Concept Art team.[/QUOTE]

Stop saying NG! ;)

I dunno, we all know Uncharted 3's in development so it's not exactly a surprise. Maybe it's just a placeholder name? It doesn't really matter it's still gonna be awesome.

Teraspark

Mostly Indifferent
Nov 4, 2009
Staffordshire
[QUOTE="jakster123x, post: 5247576]Stop saying NG! ;)

I dunno, we all know Uncharted 3's in development so it's not exactly a surprise. Maybe it's just a placeholder name? It doesn't really matter it's still gonna be awesome.[/QUOTE]

:dunce Do I feel like an idiot right about now.

A fair point but for a stop-gap it's quite indepth.

Naxi

The Dawkness!
Sep 3, 2006
UK
www.last.fm
Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves aren't great subtitles either. I do think it's not the right name or temporary, but it won't matter if it is.

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="Naxi, post: 5247848]Drake's Fortune and Among Thieves aren't great subtitles either. I do think it's not the right name or temporary, but it won't matter if it is.[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly!! why are ppl saying world of deceit is a bad subtitle?

The Sith

Forum Sage
Nov 15, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer comments on Uncharted 3: World of Deceit Is a Hoax.

The big story this morning has been the apparent revealing of Uncharted 3: World of Deceit. After Amazon France posted a listing for the title along with some concept art, stories have run wild on the game, the setting, and whether the concept art and title are true. Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer has made a comment about this topic.
For those that have hope this is true, you'll be sadly disappointed. The concept art, title, and everything shown is not a representation of Uncharted 3 in any way, shape, or form. Everything linking back to the Uncharted world is fake and it was only used as a source of inspiration.
Arne Meyer posted on the NeoGAF forums:
"The guy used the Uncharted universe as the basis for mock work for one of his classes and even listed it as such where the pieces were posted: Uncharted 3 pieces I did for architecture class.
So, totally fake and I didn't even have to say so. :) Nice try websites who should actually read the sources of their scoops and do some smart investimagating before posting. It's not rocket science."
Just as Uncharted 3 was called here, the gaming world has been a victim of deceit, but the small glimmer of hope that it was true shows how excited gamers will be once the title is formally announced in the future. For the concept art that caused this commotion, you can view all of it in the media gallery located here.
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...meyer-comments-on-uncharted-3-world-of-deceit
mods can close thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.