University in England

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
So I was thinking about going to England for university because I just don't want to stay in Canada...

Is this a good decision?
Does England have good universitys?

Ps. I dont want to go to a university in England which is located in a place which is very unhabited or nobody knows about like "Rock central"...I still don't know where that is...

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
There's plenty of cities with Universities to choose from. I have about a stack of 20 prospectuses on my window, haven't really looked through them though.

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Galvanise_, post: 0]Loads of Universities here and loads of choice. I myself am reading Pharmacology at the University of Portsmouth. What is it you are interested in reading?[/quote]

I want to get into electrical engineering. I know that my Grammar is bad but I only wright good when I need to. Is England a dangerous place?

ash91

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I want to get into electrical engineering. I know that my Grammar is bad but I only wright good when I need to. Is England a dangerous place?[/quote]

What do you mean 'dangerous?'

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
[QUOTE="ash91, post: 0]What do you mean 'dangerous?'[/quote]

I mean if I go out will I get shot, beaten up, muzzled (I had a freaky dream:snicker)

Its a pretty straight forward question :)

ash91

Super Elite
Jul 11, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I mean if I go out will I get shot, beaten up, muzzled (I had a freaky dream:snicker)

Its a pretty straight forward question :)[/quote]

lol no you won't.
It's England, not America.

Molo316

Master Guru
Jul 4, 2009
BRITAIN
www.fernanzr.uk.tt
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I mean if I go out will I get shot, beaten up, muzzled (I had a freaky dream:snicker)

:lol:

It is getting worse though. Just make sure that you settle with decent people if and when you come over here.

smiggy

Forum Sage
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester

Stay away from Nottingham then :snicker

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
Perhaps Birmingham or Middlesex University, you are in the hub-bub of everywhere perhaps Middlesex because it is Greater London, but if it is based purely on what a University specialty is then just do a search on Google.

England is safe as long as you do not mix in with the roudy type when your drunk. Apart fom that I have never been mugged, stabbed or beaten up, but I live in a town.

Oxford is very expensive, there is a lot of posh folk at Oxford.

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
[QUOTE="MacP, post: 0]Perhaps Birmingham or Middlesex University, you are in the hub-bub of everywhere perhaps Middlesex because it is Greater London, but if it is based purely on what a University specialty is then just do a search on Google.

England is safe as long as you do not mix in with the roudy type when your drunk. Apart fom that I have never been mugged, stabbed or beaten up, but I live in a town.

Oxford is very expensive, there is a lot of posh folk at Oxford.[/quote]

I don't drink and I ain't gonna start because of my religeon and my own personal....understanding:2gun:

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I don't drink and I ain't gonna start because of my religeon and my own personal....understanding:2gun:[/quote]

You will not have any problem then. There are lots of people that stay away from alcohol and we have many different religions here, so you will be able to mix with them as well.

The main crime here is drink related. If you do drugs make sure you pay your debt. J/K

The-lost-

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2009
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I want to get into electrical engineering.[/quote]
My cousin is at Cambridge University doing engineering. I believe Camridge is regarded as one of the best Universities in the country. He speeks highly of it too.

Is England a dangerous place?
That really depends on where you go. Most cities have their dangerous areas, with gangs and drug dealing ect, but you shouldnt have any need to visit such places. Just be carefull walking alone night, wherever you are. Thats when your most at risk from muggings. And watch out for the hundreds of drunks at pub kicking out time on a friday night.

Devil

Master Poster
May 16, 2009
England
I live in England myself and some of the universities are meant to be really good.

Before you decided to stay in England and go to a university, you need to see a list of them all. Read through them thouroughly, and choose the university which is right for you. I'm sure you will be welcomed kindly in England too :)

Demiant

Super Elite
Apr 8, 2007
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]So I was thinking about going to England for university because I just don't want to stay in Canada...

Is this a good decision?
Does England have good universitys?

Ps. I dont want to go to a university in England which is located in a place which is very unhabited or nobody knows about like "Rock central"...I still don't know where that is...[/quote]

Cambridge & Oxford are perhaps two of the best universities in the world... if you can get into either of the two, definitely take it. Unless you can go to Harvard or Princeton, it's closer to you and is just as good.