Unreal tournament 3

Jul 1, 2008
I know its like 8 months old but I just got a ps3

why the bad reviews?:???:
I almost didnt get thsi game cause of all the crap people were saying about it but earlier today I took a leap of faith. the weapons are CRAZY. I shoot just to see the mechanics of the guns...seriously. the only con is the campaign mode. But then again this game never should've had one

UT3> Halo 3 easily

*Yes, I both played and cleared halo 3. nothing special*

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
UT3 is a great game.

My only real gripe is the problems with the Midway servers.

Which by the way if you just got the game avoid joining Midway servers with a low amount of players, especially empty ones. Often times it'll freeze trying to load the level. Why I have no idea. This never happens with hosted servers, pure or custom.

Can add my PSN ID if you'd like. I usually play it once a week at least. Lately a game or two a day.

Dec 3, 2007
UT3 is a great MP game, but I wouldn't start saying dumb **** like "better than Halo 3" or CoD... It's really not comparable to those games. I personally like the gameplay of Unreal better than Halo or CoD, but the PSN is garbage.
This game had the potential to be an amazing game for the PS3 with the mod support, but, unfortunately, the game had an array of issues from launch, amd PS players turned their back on the game.

Jul 1, 2008
Yes, its a shame.

imo this game was released to early, they shouldve added splitscreen and worked on the campaign. Had they done that this game would've met much more success.

but yes the gameplay does exceed that of Halo 3. Independed vehicular combat and BIg BIG guns are all very juicy. Not cod4 you cant compare the two cause they're two very different shooters.

all in all Hopefully they pickup the pieces and release a ut4. It'd be a shame to see this franchise go to waste

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
It's a great game (actually my favorite multi-player game ever), buy sadly not enough people play it online. I'm interested to see how the 360 version fairs.

Punisher99

Dedicated Member
Jun 10, 2007
This game may not be better than cod4 because it really doesnt have a real story mode. But UT3's online mode is much better than cod4's online mode.

Jul 1, 2008
Im the type to play against bots for months. the bot levels are pretty extreme on this game. I can play this game till I conquer every bot level

F

FinalReaper

It's pretty much just a MP game. I think UT3 belongs on the PC I'm more into games that have melee, grenades and you have to actually reload.... Like Cod4.

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
I am waiting for two things before I buy this game:
1. A patch that will let you download the mod that the server that you are trying to join has, without having to quit the game
2. A mod named Renegade X

Sadly, by the way things are going, 1 will probably never arrive, and 2 is still very far off, and by the time it comes out, I will be playing Killzone.

Dec 3, 2007
[QUOTE="b3to213, post: 0]its ok game but get borring get warhawk or bfbc[/quote]

Wow, no. What a stupid thing to say.

[QUOTE="Manolo2k7, post: 0]unreal engine is sooo ugly imo no one even plays the mods i dont like bots either. I just traded in for GHIII[/quote]

More stupidity... Ugly? Because the UE3 sets a standard for graphics in the next-gen?

Again, it's really hard to compare Unreal to CoD4... Sometimes I find myself in the mood for a good tactical shooter... But for the most part, I would rather play a chaotic, fast paced game... like UT3.
While the game isn't nearly as deep as CoD when it comes to being able to level up and acquire new weapons, I still prefer the UT3 style of gameplay over that of CoD4...

...and **** a campaign, if you play a game for it's MP, the campaign shouldn't mean ****...

L

leukoplast

UT3 was hyped beyond belief, and ended up being a pretty boring game that had a lot of problems. They didn't get user content in for a long time, there was barely anybody ever playing, and for all I know the voice chat is still busted.

UT3 was one of those games that seemingly had a lot of potential based on how the game was going to be played/done...but ended up not being what everybody hoped it would be.

By the second day of me playing it, I was bored sick of it. I really had no reason to actually play it. The ranking was nothing special, and the SP mode was just terrible.

Oct 11, 2006
UT3 is an awesome game in my opinion, and it is one of the better rated PS3 games out there I think...

Its ranked 14th on gamerankings and 12th on metacritic.

I still play it offline and online, i can easily find good games online its just that voice chat sometimes doesn't work, so most people don't talk online.

Mods add an awesome component to the game, I downloaded a community pack that gave me like 7 new maps total that were EXTREMELY well made and enjoyable. I've got mutators that put me in bullet-time so I can headshot every single bot or dodge rockets, I can make it so that I have infinite ammo or spawn with full armor and health, etc. There are tons of things that can change the gameplay up. I have a bunch of friends with PS3s now that own UT3 so we can have some nice LAN matches going and just use the phone to talk to eachother.

I personally would rank it in the top 5-10 games out for PS3 right now.

Its also incredibly detailed and beautiful, whoever says it isn't is blind.

I don't know of the bad reviews you're talking about by the way. The online community is small but you can join a full game in every mode now and the lag isn't nearly as bad as when the game started.

Apr 7, 2008
[QUOTE="K1NG VIGILANTE, post: 0]Wow, no. What a stupid thing to say.

More stupidity... Ugly? Because the UE3 sets a standard for graphics in the next-gen?

Again, it's really hard to compare Unreal to CoD4... Sometimes I find myself in the mood for a good tactical shooter... But for the most part, I would rather play a chaotic, fast paced game... like UT3.
While the game isn't nearly as deep as CoD when it comes to being able to level up and acquire new weapons, I still prefer the UT3 style of gameplay over that of CoD4...

...and **** a campaign, if you play a game for it's MP, the campaign shouldn't mean ****...[/quote]

killing without a purpose gets boring. I see I struck a chord only game that great with UE is the one your waiting for the clunky fat chars and blur annoys me srry

psycho_rez

Dedicated Member
Mar 9, 2007
I love this game. But i just couldnt take anymore of Epic's BS. I waited so long for them to fix their servers. I couldnt join their official servers with the modes that had vehicles in em for some reason. It froze during the load screen. I waited too long and nothing happened, Midway servers kept disappeaeing, popping up, disappearing again. It got tiresome after a while so i just stopped playing. I would def go back if they fix their *****, but so far i have'nt heard nor seen anything that proves they have.

I really think they simply stopped giving a *****.

oxbo

Superior Member
May 20, 2007
Yes I agree that the gameplay is great but there is nothing that will keep you playing for hours. You will stop in about 2 weeks like most others.

Jun 15, 2008
^^ I agree i played this game for about 3 weeks and loved it but just kind of faded out for unknown reasons (cod4itis i think)

ajax_jones

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
I bought the game on release, played for a month or two enjoying it, quit playing because I was frustrated with Epic's refusal to acknowledge a few issues, and now I've recently picked it up again and it's a blast.

The 3 main problems I have with the game are
1) Midway servers force me to restart my ps3 about 30% of the time,
2) Inability to download mods directly from the game (maps in particular)
3) Lack of players so it's hard to find good matches sometimes.

However, those same 3 problems can also be pros
1) The Midway rooms are good fun when you get into competitive rooms with a bunch of people. The action is ridiculous. Also a few new maps were added to the regular list on the Midway servers (for CTF in particular they added Facing Worlds and Searchlight).
2) The mods keep coming. Me and some friends have been entertained by Snowreal lately.
3) Lack of players means a closer community. You see the same players all the time so it's easy to get to know them. The mics work now so it's easy to communicate (when people want to talk).

Hybrid007

Dedicated Member
Sep 5, 2007
I loved it at first. For like the first month i played it non stop but then i bought call of duty and i just didn't go back to it. I got bored of it as it was the same thing as the old games.

king87

Apprentice
May 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Nunalho, post: 0]What bad reviews? Game is very well scored. I still play it quite often.[/quote]

agreed.
i dont know what of reviews you're reading because ive never read a review of this game below 8.5 wich is preety good

edit:here u go , a list of reviews

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/748/748505/articles.html

got a couple of 8's but hey,even mgs4 did so.....the overall score is still preety good.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="nhbp acura, post: 0]ut3 is good stuff.
its funny how its so popular on 360 and not on ps3....[/quote]
Well it JUST released on 360.

It was a pretty popular PS3 title when it released about 7 months ago.