Upcoming PS5 games reveal

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
On june 4th, 1 PM PDT, there's going to be a reveal of PS5 games. From what I've heard it's going to be just games, but who knows, maybe there will be more than just games.

When it comes to new games I hope/expect to see something about games like Project Awakening, Naughty Dogs new IP, Horizon Zero Dawn 2, Silent Hill, God of War (5), Spider Man 2 and some new interesting IP's. I also hope there will be very few remasters/remakes, I'd rather see new stuff.

If they are going to show anything other than games it would be nice to see what the actual console looks like, not important, but nice. A price reveal would be nice too, but I'm definitely not expecting it in this first reveal. I hope they talk a little bit more about backwards compatibility, it's not super important to me, but it's nice to have as a bonus. Is there a chance they might have come up with a solution to include PS1-3 BC?

So what are you hoping/expecting to see?

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
I'm hoping for new games and some new IP and not just a full list of remasters. For the remasters they do announce (as there'll be some for sure) I want to hear that those of us with the game on the PS4 will NOT have to pay again to get it on the PS5 - i.e. I want the same model that MS have announced.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, I'm hoping that they won't charge us again for games we have already payed for on the PS4. There are a couple of games (TLoU2 and Ghost of Tsushima) that I want to get when they release, but I would like to be able to play them on the PS5 too without having to buy them again. Preferably patched/upgraded to take advantage of the PS5 power. Most PS4 games will probably run on the PS5, but the question is how many of those will be patched/upgraded to look and perform better.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
Event postponed:

IMHO, they kinda need to show something that justifies the console.

Between the two of them, Sony have gone the more 'bespoke' on design so need to show something that can't easily be done on a PC or rival platforms. Otherwise, they're down on power with nothing to show for it (quite literally).

That's a tough ask, because it's gunna be hard to convey in a video the benefits of no loading/instant streaming and millions of audio sources (especially when the streaming platform will compress it for regular stereo).

Is there a chance they might have come up with a solution to include PS1-3 BC?
For PS3, doubt it. Unless they do what they did with the PS3 (with an internal PS2 chipset) i doubt you'll see any PS3 game make the jump across. Emulation of PS3 titles on PC is all over the place with attention basically happening on a game by game basis. Those that run, have performance that resembles a speedometer.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Yeah, unfortunately the event is postponed, but it is what it is. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Personally I'm not worried that the console won't be a big step up from the PS4 (Pro) and that's all I really want. If they can deliver what Cerny has been talking about it's going to be great. But in the end of the day it's all about the (exclusive) games and I'm pretty sure they will deliver on that too. The only thing Xbox has going for it right now is that it on paper is a little bit more powerful, imo. I've never been into what Nintendo has to offer, so for me PS and PC is the best combo. So as long as it is a big leap in power/performance and they keep bringing us good (exclusive) games I don't think there needs to be any other reason for the console to be justified, imo.