UPDATE: NEOGAF IS DEAD! Owner accused of sexual harrassment. KARMA!

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I hated NeoGAF in many ways but it was really the only place to get a bunch of information on various things in one place. Especially loved the Canadian Deals thread.

It's, sadly, became such a habit in my day-to-day browsing I still go to the site out of reflex despite the fact it's been down for like 12+ hours. I legit have no idea what to do with myself today.. lol

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6533544]I hated NeoGAF in many ways but it was really the only place to get a bunch of information on various things in one place. Especially loved the Canadian Deals thread.

It's, sadly, became such a habit in my day-to-day browsing I still go to the site out of reflex despite the fact it's been down for like 12+ hours. I legit have no idea what to do with myself today.. lol[/QUOTE]

Same here dude. I never knew some of these previous controversies but wow...Had I known earlier, I would have left sooner.

It was my only source of gaming related news on a daily basis. I guess it's up to Reddit now, but it's kind of the same thing: out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Anyone have an update as to wether Evilore has said something about this entire thing?

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Thorzilla, post: 6533547]Same here dude. I never knew some of these previous controversies but wow...Had I known earlier, I would have left sooner.

It was my only source of gaming related news on a daily basis. I guess it's up to Reddit now, but it's kind of the same thing: out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Anyone have an update as to wether Evilore has said something about this entire thing?[/QUOTE]

So reddit is the next "big" place to just randomly browse when bored?

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Yeah the account setup is.. questionable. I had an account until last August when my PC got fried and I forgot my password for awhile and inputted the wrong password 5 times. I guess too many wrong passwords gets your account deactivated and I could do nothing about it but wait.. again. :|

This is kind of frustrating though. I find myself every once and awhile trying to go to NeoGAF and now I'm just bored out of my mind. lmao

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
What a steaming pile of crap he is.

[QUOTE="$Greatness$, post: 6533551]I'm only happy because I didn't get account activation and I signed up in July. This is your karma, whore![/QUOTE]
I tried for like 6+ years to get an account there. The level of elitist douchery on that site is like nothing I've ever seen.

[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6533550]So reddit is the next "big" place to just randomly browse when bored?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Reddit is freaking massive.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2005
Fuck EviLore. Been posting over there the last few years and while a lot of NeoGAF is a complete cesspool, I do miss some of the information they provided in terms of both gaming news/deals and off topic news/deals. Honestly, I know it's not a favorable thing to say, but I hope it comes back in some form.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 6533554]but I hope it comes back in some form.[/QUOTE]
"NeoGAF ... Now with less rapists! ®"

Nov 22, 2005
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6533555]"NeoGAF ... Now with less rapists! ®"[/QUOTE]

You get what I mean though. Some slimy mother fuckers on that site... Really hope everything gets thrown at EviLore.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 6533558]You get what I mean though. Some slimy mother fuckers on that site... Really hope everything gets thrown at EviLore.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know. And yes, that guy is a slime-ball.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6533550]So reddit is the next "big" place to just randomly browse when bored?[/QUOTE]

Well...that's what I browse anyway, although there's a strange mix of both news and user shared stuff. Not that fan of it myself but...here we are today, lol.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
Not defending Evilore.
But the statement is a bit of head scratcher and is made worse by Kotaku article.
Why did a woman that had a boyfriend
Drive to another city with another man and shared a hotel room and got drunk with him.
And as she wasn't interested WHY? Did she have a physical relationship with him two months later???
Am I the only one asking this big plot hole
As I said not defending, funny enough I got banned last week on GAF for questioning the questionable.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nov 22, 2005
Interesting how it's brought a lot of long time members back to this thread to talk about it :lol:. But yeah, as an information hub, it sucks that NeoGAF is gone (still hope it comes back in some form, or something like it owned by someone else, that sort of deal).

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
Yeah I hope it comes back in some form
The site became less less about games as time went on.
I remember I got banned in the first Feminist frequency thread, I didn't know who she was and I didn't think she was being serious.
My actual comment I was banned for was " I'm watching the video and I" thinking " This has to be a joke but everyones comments seems to point to it being serious, I mean she's telling me Home Alone is sexist.
Am I missing something here?"
I was told if I wasn't gonna contribute and be misogynistic idiot not bother posting
And got 1 month ban
Another ban was given because I said those topics should be in the off topic section as it's effecting the quality of the games side
I always support equal rights but GAF was going too far to point that GAMES side was disappearing even OT's was plagued with it and was like stepping on eggshells, you really had to think what you was posting.
And with that the irony of Evilore is just amazing.
GAF was big and there's some really good people on there and some really bad.
I can see a few returning from GAF to here
Right now I'm heading over the OT threads to see why there isn't an The Evil Within 2 OT, the game is amazing PSU what's wrong with you.

Edit site is back online
No threads though

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2005
Yeah the irony is not lost on me. If anything, I hope that if NeoGAF does come back in some form, that it's basically a cleansing. Hopefully a do-over and be less shitty about it. And hopefully be less up their own ass about it.

PS - I know you love Evil Within 2, but I remember a thread on GAF saying that it was the best horror game since Silent Hill 2, and I'm like... have you played any other fucking horror games in your life :lol:?

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 6533577]Not defending Evilore.
But the statement is a bit of head scratcher and is made worse by Kotaku article.
Why did a woman that had a boyfriend
Drive to another city with another man and shared a hotel room and got drunk with him.
And as she wasn't interested WHY?
Did she have a physical relationship with him two months later???
Am I the only one asking this big plot hole
As I said not defending, funny enough I got banned last week on GAF for questioning the questionable.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
@bold

It's simple.

She's not worth a shit either when we're talking about the foul shit she did behind her boyfriend back.

Last edited:

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 6533581]Yeah the irony is not lost on me. If anything, I hope that if NeoGAF does come back in some form, that it's basically a cleansing. Hopefully a do-over and be less $#@!ty about it. And hopefully be less up their own ass about it.

PS - I know you love Evil Within 2, but I remember a thread on GAF saying that it was the best horror game since Silent Hill 2, and I'm like... have you played any other $#@!ing horror games in your life :lol:?[/QUOTE]Yeah I agree
Someone needed to hit the reset button
GAF at E3 is what it's about and that's the sort of thing that needs to rise from the Ashes.
And yeah I remember that thread, I don't agree because Silent Hill 2 is masterpiece but The Evil Within 2 is just something I wish we got a lot more of instead of those FPS HORROR Clones that are now saturating the market.
And although I did enjoy Resident Evil 7 in VR I am enjoying TEW2 more I've already had more memorable moments in it and I haven't put it down since launch, I'm 20 hour's in and the game keeps giving lol.
But its not perfect by any means.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="SolidSnakeUS, post: 6533613]It's apparently back saying, "NeoGAF is currently down for scheduled maintenance. Please be patient while the site is down."[/QUOTE]Yeah it came back online a few hours ago so obviously someone is doing something behind the scenes.
Question is what?
I know a lot of mods have started up a new forum called ResetEra
So God knows what's happening.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Honestly, who cares anymore? PSU isn't some side chick. Give her the appreciation she deserves.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
It's just too quiet too often nowadays. We need a resurgence; tell all the industry insiders, experts and whoever is legitimately cool and interesting that PSU is the place to post.