UPDATE: NEOGAF IS DEAD! Owner accused of sexual harrassment. KARMA!

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6533619]It's just too quiet too often nowadays. We need a resurgence; tell all the industry insiders, experts and whoever is legitimately cool and interesting that PSU is the place to post.[/QUOTE]That's generally the problem, the forum can go hour's without a post.
It's not like it use to be.
PSU is still one of the best forums out there but like you said it's too quiet

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6533619]It's just too quiet too often nowadays. We need a resurgence; tell all the industry insiders, experts and whoever is legitimately cool and interesting that PSU is the place to post.[/QUOTE]
I am not in disagreement about a resurgence, but I do have to wonder the level of toxicity that would come with it and question if it would be worth it.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
PSU has been like a happy middle-ground between Gaf/reddit and n4g/4chan/ign.

SolidSnake its random, but I bet we all had the same idea reading the news..

Jul 8, 2013
orange county
UPDATE:

gaf is back online. Here's what the cuck owner has to say

"Hi.

An allegation of sexual misconduct has been made against me by an ex. It's not true, the individual making the accusation isn't credible, the story doesn't reconcile logically with the facts, and there's plenty of evidence and witnesses to corroborate that. It'll be a process.

All allegations of this nature are serious, of course. I first got word of it on Wednesday when a screenshot of a Facebook post was handed to Voat. I immediately talked with my mod team about the contents of the screenshot and clarified that it was baseless and explained some of the details concerning my former associations with her, and tried to ensure any concerns from the team were addressed fully and transparently to everyone's satisfaction. On Thursday I heard that she had deleted the accusation from Facebook, and wasn't entirely sure how to proceed from there or how this would all play out in the public space at that point. Then, Friday morning, the screenshot made its way to NeoGAF and chaos ensued.

I was in the process of writing a statement that entire day to address formally address the allegation, but the community had erupted in a flash that morning. While the moderation team was trying to restore the peace, accusations and threats concerning the screenshot started shifting to them as well by association with me, and I was asked by my team to do something to fix things and get the heat off of all of them at least. I was beyond exhausted by that point, though, stretched too thin in the time since the post had first appeared and seeing unprecedented events unfold on NeoGAF. I was slow and weak. I failed to handle it quickly enough and let the team down. Before I could finish a statement and get it out there, understandably some mods hit their emotional limit, expressed concerns about the community coming after them, and decided to leave. A few people resigned, and many more quickly followed for similar reasons, citing stress and harassment. The site started breaking under load spikes leading up to the first resignations, too, and then flatlined altogether, so issuing a statement at that time on NeoGAF itself became impossible for the time being, and my attention shifted toward the moderation team's future.

Since that whole mess, lasting from Friday morning through Saturday, before we formally went offline for maintenance and repair and restructure, we've just been trying to figure out the best course of action for NeoGAF going forward. And as stories began being published by various outlets, I issued some comments to the press, since everything coming out was proving to be sensationalized, opportunist, and unprofessional.

We've all become increasingly stressed and weary this year in ways even I'm not accustomed to by now, and discussions on heated news, political issues, and social issues on the off-topic side of the site have become areas no one has wanted to moderate in the open for fear of backlash or just general exposure to the inevitable toxicity. I've gone in there myself to take the heat, since it's very much my responsibility to do so before anyone else's, but there's been little headway, mostly just more anger and resentment and a lot of bans. I don't think this necessarily reflects on our community; more so the tone of the entire internet this year with regards to heated issues.

That's all going to inform the way forward for NeoGAF as we refocus on what the main goals are supposed to be for the site. The mod team will talk about more specifics on what that will entail below.

One last thing. The NeoGAF mod team is here for this community; all of you. You have no obligations to respect me or believe anything I say about my personal life one way or another, but if you're going to be here and participate on NeoGAF, respect the mod team by following the rules and behaving. The team is diminished at the moment and the folks who stuck around care very much about this community and its future. Be considerate of them. That's non-negotiable.

Thanks."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252749313#post252749313

This fucking guy

And a memo for any current gaffer here: Please, in good conscience, DO NOT GO BACK! STAY HERE. LET THAT PLACE ROT.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Quite honestly I'm surprised in this day and age that someone posting on facebook with, as far as I know, no proof can rile so many up. Apparently they had consensual sex some point after the shower thing so the entire thing doesn't quite make a lot of sense to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Although it looks like the main reason I've been lurking for a year while I figure out why my account is disabled, the Canadian Deals thread, is jumping over to some new ResetEra forum so I guess I'll be trying to join that when it's up..

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Peregrin8X, post: 6533641]UPDATE:

-snip-[/QUOTE]
Right. What a bunch of horse crap. I like how over half the people in that thread are banned ... lol. I hope the site completely dies.

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Wow....just catching up on all this. Checking out neogaf this morning.....you really couldn't tell anything had changed.

I've had an account there for some time, but really felt no desire whatsoever to post.

[QUOTE="FinalxxSin, post: 6533624]I am not in disagreement about a resurgence, but I do have to wonder the level of toxicity that would come with it and question if it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

That would give the staff something to do other than just deleting spam. Nice problem to have. :p

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Seems as though everyone is jumping on the "sexual harassment" bandwagon at the moment, if it's true I obviously don't condone it but I do feel like some people are doing it for their "5 minutes of fame".

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252749313#post252749313

This fucking guy

And a memo for any current gaffer here: Please, in good conscience, DO NOT GO BACK! STAY HERE. LET THAT PLACE ROT.[/QUOTE]

Why do you have to talk with such language? Good conscience? Whatever. You were there? With those two, two years ago when something may or may not have taken place?

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6533550]So reddit is the next "big" place to just randomly browse when bored?[/QUOTE]Reddit is ace. I also liked neogaf alot..it will reopen..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006

This $#@!ing guy

And a memo for any current gaffer here: Please, in good conscience, DO NOT GO BACK! STAY HERE. LET THAT PLACE ROT.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you already made up your mind. You're misusing the term, "cuck" while acting like one yourself. Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty? You're pretty intent on jumping on that sexual harassment bandwagon. That speaks volumes about your intellect at the very least.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="jj03, post: 6533673]Reddit is ace.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they have a topic for almost everything. If you can't find a subreddit or two you enjoy, you're probably not trying.

[QUOTE="Ezekiel, post: 6533684]Whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty?[/QUOTE]
I think it's because the guy is a giant douche pickle and people want him to be guilty. If he's actually guilty remains to be seen.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
And as stories began being published by various outlets, I issued some comments to the press, since everything coming out was proving to be sensationalized, opportunist, and unprofessional.
"Various outlets with very low ratings, spreading FAKE news! SAD!" :snicker

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 6533623]That's generally the problem, the forum can go hour's without a post.
It's not like it use to be.
PSU is still one of the best forums out there but like you said it's too quiet

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That’s why I had left, not enough people talking in Australia time.

Edit: Not being mobile friendly also hasn’t helped.

TGO

Ancient
Feb 26, 2006
purgatory
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6533700]That’s why I had left, not enough people talking in Australia time.

Edit: Not being mobile friendly also hasn’t helped.[/QUOTE]Tapatalk mate.
Anyway I always pop in to see how the guys are doing, sadly like GAF now a lot of people have left
But we still have Lethal lol

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 6533702]Tapatalk mate.
Anyway I always pop in to see how the guys are doing, sadly like GAF now a lot of people have left
But we still have Lethal lol

Many people who stumble upon the site would not know of Tapatalk and just see a site that would not suit them due to the inconvenience of having to scroll left/right/up/down constantly.

Anyways, hope everyone has been well here. :)

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 6533706]Many people who stumble upon the site would not know of Tapatalk and just see a site that would not suit them due to the inconvenience of having to scroll left/right/up/down constantly.

Anyways, hope everyone has been well here. :)[/QUOTE]
That problem will go away once they move to the new mobile friendly forum software.

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6533708]That problem will go away once they move to the new mobile friendly forum software.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I’ll have to check-in when you make the move.

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6533686]I think it's because the guy is a giant douche pickle and people want him to be guilty. If he's actually guilty remains to be seen.[/QUOTE]

Well. It's a good thing we don't live in a world where douchery leads to criminal indictments just because of mob rule. The guy is entitled to be an asshole. He just has to accept the social consequences that come with being one. As for the sexual harassment case? All I can say is, PROVE IT. (not directed at you just in general)

Anyway. Just saying is all.

-Shafty-

overstepping the mark
Sep 7, 2007
Unfortunately, it seems to be that with accusations of sex crimes it is more a case of prove you didn't do it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Ezekiel, post: 6533719]Well. It's a good thing we don't live in a world where douchery leads to criminal indictments just because of mob rule. The guy is entitled to be an asshole. He just has to accept the social consequences that come with being one. As for the sexual harassment case? All I can say is, PROVE IT. (not directed at you just in general)

Anyway. Just saying is all.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. Sexual allegations are a double-edged sword because a lot of times it's a girl that cried wolf situation which can ruin a guy's life. And on the other end, those women ruin it for ones that have experienced actual assault and harassment.

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
Why is most people acting like this guy is guilty? What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Fucking discusting the way people are acting...... we dont even know if he actualy harrassed the women. The comments abusing this guy without ant proof is just bringing out the ugly cretins.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="berts08, post: 6533733]we dont even know if he actualy harrassed the women.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, we don't know, so calling one side "disgusting" and "ugly cretins" is a bit of an overreaction. But if some here are so fired up to argue his innocence, go right ahead.

I don't know the guy personally so I have no reason to feel sorry for him. Quite frankly, it's none of our business and I'm sure we'll forget about it in a couple weeks anyway.

Last edited:

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="TGO, post: 6533577]Not defending Evilore.
But the statement is a bit of head scratcher and is made worse by Kotaku article.
Why did a woman that had a boyfriend
Drive to another city with another man and shared a hotel room and got drunk with him.
And as she wasn't interested WHY? Did she have a physical relationship with him two months later???
Am I the only one asking this big plot hole
As I said not defending, funny enough I got banned last week on GAF for questioning the questionable.

That's the very first thing I asked. Ain't no female taking a road trip with a random (Even if its a friend) a MALE friend while she has a boyfriend. And the boyfriend even isn't going to let that rock. Unless he's a goof ball. lol

Ezekiel

Forum Sage
Apr 29, 2006
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6533725]Yes, I'm all for innocent until proven guilty. Sexual allegations are a double-edged sword because a lot of times it's a girl that cried wolf situation which can ruin a guy's life. And on the other end, those women ruin it for ones that have experienced actual assault and harassment.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. Agree wholeheartedly. The burden of proof lies with the accuser, period.