US Motorstorm on Jap PS3

Natalz

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2006
Since the US Resistance on a Japanese machine is not (yet) working on the US servers. I am wondering if anyone can confirm whether the online works when playing Motorstorm on a Japanese PS3. It's kinda a specific question and maybe to early for anyone to know, but maybe i'll get lucky.

B

Blu_Ray_Fan

Not trying to thread jack but wondering if Motorstorm scales to 1080? I know it is 720p, but was hoping it would scale like VF5.

Mabye we could change the name of the thread to "Motorstorm:Ask a question" that way we don't have tons of individual threads just for one question. just a thought.

T

Terikan

vf5 doesn't scale. It's 720p on my 1080p screen. I think it scales in the sense that it will fit itself to a 1080 screen when 720 isn't available, but the actual pixel resolution doesn't change.

B

Blu_Ray_Fan

[QUOTE="Terikan, post: 0]vf5 doesn't scale. It's 720p on my 1080p screen. I think it scales in the sense that it will fit itself to a 1080 screen when 720 isn't available, but the actual pixel resolution doesn't change.[/quote]
I don't care.

The box says 720p, the game plays in 1080i on my tv. Thats ALL I'm asking. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2007
[QUOTE="Natalz, post: 0]Since the US Resistance on a Japanese machine is not (yet) working on the US servers. I am wondering if anyone can confirm whether the online works when playing Motorstorm on a Japanese PS3. It's kinda a specific question and maybe to early for anyone to know, but maybe i'll get lucky.[/quote]

can anyone answer this question, i m in the same situation..

cheers....

solinent

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2006
THey have servers which you join specifically. There's 4 US servers and 1 Austrailian one (Australia?)

A

AlexKidd

[QUOTE="rebelpj24205, post: 0]got it today form the usa in the uk plays fine on a hong kong ps3 been online 3 times unlike resistance[/quote]

So is that on an ntsc-j console?

Feb 18, 2007
[QUOTE="rebelpj24205, post: 0]got it today form the usa in the uk plays fine on a hong kong ps3 been online 3 times unlike resistance[/quote]

well i got a japaneese ps3 & just got motor storm (pal version), the game doesnt go online , its asks me to update the game when i select online mode, it then downloads an update & asks me to reboot the ps3, once i reboot the ps3 the game doesnt boot up it gives an error some "800565" soemthing like that, wonder y this is happenin when the US version works fine with japan ps3, any help??

cheers.........

I deleted the update from the ps3 hdd & re downloaded it again & voila no error now, everything seems to be working fine, i can only play on pal servers as i can only choose from european rooms not americans(the game is the pal version) but its ok, as long as i m online, see ur'll online if u wanna motorstorm my psn id is-
insane79

cheers...