USA 2010 Midterm Election FRIENDLY Discussion Thread

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
Ok this is a thread to discuss tonight election results.

It is to be kept civil... and light.

I would ask that if anyone can't play nice the mods either ban said offender for a day so that the thread can go on... or if things just get out of hand shut it down.

PLAY NICE.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5259053]As I expected. I'm just glad Alan "Caveman" Greyson is outta his seat in Florida. Guy's outta his frickin' gourd. I'm just waiting for Olbertards meltdown.

I'm glad Rand Paul won, I like him. His father, not so much.[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah Greyson was a nut...

baffling how these people get into office in the first place

... and yet bachmann is still around up in MN

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
Yeah but you had to have seen that coming... he is the prince of the Tea Party movement...

It will be interesting to see if he votes to increase the debt ceiling... it goes against everything he stands for....
But if he filibusters the vote... we are screwed!!!! (as a country)

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5259075]Awesome, Rubio won. I like his as well, but he really didn't have much competition. Charlie Crist really became a joke over this election cycle.[/QUOTE]

funny how things work out... wasn't too long ago the Christ was one of the most popular governors in the country... people were talking about him running for president someday... (not necessarily soon)

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
Very interested in California, still holding out hope for either Whitman or Fiorina but neither seems likely to win. Guess the one race that'll keep us up all night is Nevada.

Apparently these guys:

Have a louder voice than these guys:

I feel sad to be an American, truly. Lets see what the next quagmire will be that we wander into. Another war, or maybe letting wall street run amok perhaps? Who knows. It will be even better if we can keep our existing health care. You know, the stuff that you pay tons for and get crap for in return.

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
I am really curious to see how Colorado votes.

Very much an independent state. Voted for clinton once, Bush jr barely carried it twice, Obama won fairly easily...
even though the nation is drifting to the right... I'm not so sure CO will follow suit.

Especially given the tea party candidates that were put forth...

Oct 23, 2007
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5259100]Apparently these guys:

Have a louder voice than these guys:

I feel sad to be an American, truly. Lets see what the next quagmire will be that we wander into. Another war, or maybe letting wall street run amok perhaps? Who knows. It will be even better if we can keep our existing health care. You know, the stuff that you pay tons for and get crap for in return.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because everyone on the right is nothing but toothless rednecks with little to no education, while those on the left are all intelligent, educated, and have a monopoly on good ideas that can help this country move forward. :roll:

Seriously, it's in our best interest as a country to look at all candidates objectively rather than by party affiliation. I have yet to see you utter one single negative thing about a single Democrat.... ever! If you really want to see us move in the right direction, making sure NEITHER party is in complete control will be the best recipe. Can you understand why (historically) it's not good for either party to have complete control over Congress and the Presidency?

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
Atta Baby Colorado!!!!

Governor Hickenlooper!!!!

Hopefully this is the last we will see of crazy *** Tom Tancredo

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
Looks like California will remain blue. Now it's not possible for the Republicans to take the Senate. Which really, is a good thing since any blame would be placed solely on them.

Just hate that Brown is our governor now, but I guess it's not a stretch from what we had before. From one bad governor to another..

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
its looking like I was right.

Its not a tidal wave... its a correction... red seats pickup by Obama going back to red seats.
Nothing historic about this so far...

This ain't 1994.... despite the rough time the country has had... the dems are fairing ok

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="buzzkill1970, post: 5259203]I'm just glad the #$%^ elections are over. Hopefully we will get a few days rest before the 2012 campaigns begin.[/QUOTE]

seriously... now we can get back to what november is really about...

My birthday!

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Gaddes, post: 5259232]Seems like Harry Reid is keeping his seat, which is somewhat surprising considering he has an 18% approval rating. Col. Allen West won, so I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm suspect some foul play there. Considering this was one Dem that they just could not afford to lose. Oh well it is still gonna be rough waters for him to get things passed considering it looks like the Dems are just barely gonna have the majority on the Senate. I look at this election as more of a overall change in direction of things not getting done to hopefully getting things done than party based. Looks like America is sick of being strong armed and being ignored. I hope this goes for the best. This country of ours needs some turn in the right direction instead of the spinning wheels phase we have been stuck in.

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="buzzkill1970, post: 5259203]I'm just glad the #$%^ elections are over. Hopefully we will get a few days rest before the 2012 campaigns begin.[/QUOTE]
The 2012 will be very fascinating, many questions to be answered. Will the Republicans unite under one nominee or will many of them fight it out for the chance to go head to head with Obama. And if Obama's popularity continues to fall, will others from his party emerge to challenge him?

[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 5259197]its looking like I was right.

Its not a tidal wave... its a correction... red seats pickup by Obama going back to red seats.

This ain't 1994.... despite the rough time the country has had... the dems are fairing ok[/QUOTE]
I think the Republicans did better than in 1994. Back then, they won 52 seats in the House and they are now projected to win at least 65 seats. They won 8 Senate seats then and last time I checked they had gained 6 seats today.

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 5259315]The 2012 will be very fascinating, many questions to be answered. Will the Republicans unite under one nominee or will many of them fight it out for the chance to go head to head with Obama. And if Obama's popularity continues to fall, will others from his party emerge to challenge him?

I think the Republicans did better than in 1994
. Back then, they won 52 seats in the House and they are now projected to win at least 65 seats. They won 8 Senate seats then and last time I checked they had gained 6 seats today.[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me but they expect them to win around 60-65 which would be the most since the great depression, not certain on the year! Amazing how the economy can take a hold of these elections.

Oct 23, 2007
[QUOTE="DayWalker, post: 5259197]its looking like I was right.

This ain't 1994.... despite the rough time the country has had... the dems are fairing ok[/QUOTE]

DW.... the spin doctor!

So far, Democrats have lost 5 seats in the Senate and 54 in the House (aren't there still some undecided Senate seats?).

In 1994, they lost 8 in the Senate and 54 in the House.

So, they are 3 Senate seats shy of 1994, and exactly where they were in the House, according to YOU, it's not a tidal wave, 'ain't 1994', etc etc.

If they got those other 3 Senate seats, then it would be a tidal wave?

I can't believe Harry Reid kept his seat btw!

Edit: And, unlike some people in this thread, I am not a supporter of a specific political party, I support the actual candidates I like regardless of party affiliation. And, unlike those people, I don't think it's a good idea for EITHER party to have control over all three branches, and history has shown that. The only thing worse than complete Republican control is complete Democrat control (when it comes to fiscal responsibility).

Last edited:

PS4freak

Counting Mod
Staff member
May 15, 2006
Louisiana
The Washington race is extremely close! 62% precincts reporting and only 14,000 votes separate the two candidates, percentage wise 50/50! Colorado is fairly close too.

I'm am just so glad the old wicked witch of the west, aka Nancy pelosi, is out of the door. “We are going to win. Take it to the bank.” That would be an actual quote from Nancy a couple weeks ago. It must suck to have to eat your words on national tv!

Last edited:

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Yay! Yet another year where self-serving politicians who bow down to lobbyists are elected..effectively producing no positive change at all for America! Woooo.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
I'm am just so glad the old wicked witch of the west, aka Nancy pelosi, is out of the door. “We are going to win. Take it to the bank.” That would be an actual quote from Nancy a couple weeks ago. It must suck to have to eat your words on national tv!
I'm surprised Pelosi lasted as long as she did. Even Democrat's where getting tired of her after awhile.

Oct 23, 2007
Update: Actually, the Republican's ended up picking up 60 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate. So, compared to 1994, that's more seats in the house, and two less in the Senate. But, according to some, there's no correlation. :snicker

And, I am kind of with FF on this one. I am confident that candidates for either party will do what they promised after they are elected..... so.... we will see.

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
[QUOTE="weskurtz81, post: 5259124]Yeah, because everyone on the right is nothing but toothless rednecks with little to no education, while those on the left are all intelligent, educated, and have a monopoly on good ideas that can help this country move forward. :roll:

Seriously, it's in our best interest as a country to look at all candidates objectively rather than by party affiliation. I have yet to see you utter one single negative thing about a single Democrat.... ever! If you really want to see us move in the right direction, making sure NEITHER party is in complete control will be the best recipe. Can you understand why (historically) it's not good for either party to have complete control over Congress and the Presidency?[/QUOTE]

well that is what 99% of young liberals do. it's no secret who i'm affiliated with and i still voted for a couple of dems. but most of the country got really fed up with what has been going on. look at all the red yesterday. maybe instead of insulting the tea party movement, people will take them seriously as they are only for what seems right. its no conspiracy, or hate mongering. lets just make fun of the other side because that's the cool thing to do.

The right organized and went for the throat. We sat there and watched them steamroll over people and did nothing. We tried to turn the other cheek and not fire back. Peacefully. I think the next elections will have a lot more clash and fight in them. I'm definitely going to get in some faces. They wanted to do it to me, I can do it back. Fight fire with fire I say. I'm truly disgusted with the results from this election. Thank goodness for the power of veto and the system of checks and balances. Otherwise, this country would have been given back to big business yesterday on a silver platter. Good luck getting what has been passed repealed, you'll need it. ;) and how can a country be fed up with only two years of a presidency? It took years upon years to destroy what we had. People get mad at someone for not going *snap* "Tada, it's all fixed!". What a crock of ****. Blame the people that got us into the mess, not the people trying to fix it.

[QUOTE="Funeralfog, post: 5260157] maybe instead of insulting the tea party movement, people will take them seriously as they are only for what seems right. its no conspiracy, or hate mongering. lets just make fun of the other side because that's the cool thing to do.[/QUOTE]

I still have no respect for them. Their extremist behavior solidified in my mind what they are. Bringing up irrelevant issues and spreading propaganda to the masses is about all they accomplished. They reached enough people in order to strong arm their way into the house. If anything this chain of events has made my idea of them even worse. Not only extremists, but bully extremists.

Last edited:

DayWalker

The Heisman
May 9, 2006
[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 5259315]
I think the Republicans did better than in 1994. Back then, they won 52 seats in the House and they are now projected to win at least 65 seats. They won 8 Senate seats then and last time I checked they had gained 6 seats today.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's my bad- apparently I had the wrong numbers stored in my brain last night....

But even with that said, given the big difference between the state of the country in 94 and 10... unemployment and economy... the dems have to be breathing a deep sigh of relief that they still controll 2 of the 3 houses. One would think it would have been much worse

So Proud of Colorado btw...

A purple state that recognized weak candidates propped up by the tea party and rejected them for the imperfect, yet not crazy dems.
Congrats to Governor Hickenlooper and welcome back Senator Bennet

they also handily defeated a bunch of tea party backed TAX CUTS and an abortion ban...

Proud to Be from Colorado!

Please use the edit button instead of double-posting.

Ixion

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2007
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 5260170]The right organized and went for the throat. We sat there and watched them steamroll over people and did nothing. We tried to turn the other cheek and not fire back. Peacefully. I think the next elections will have a lot more clash and fight in them. I'm definitely going to get in some faces. They wanted to do it to me, I can do it back. Fight fire with fire I say. I'm truly disgusted with the results from this election. Thank goodness for the power of veto and the system of checks and balances. Otherwise, this country would have been given back to big business yesterday on a silver platter. Good luck getting what has been passed repealed, you'll need it. ;) and how can a country be fed up with only two years of a presidency? It took years upon years to destroy what we had. People get mad at someone for not going *snap* "Tada, it's all fixed!". What a crock of ****. Blame the people that got us into the mess, not the people trying to fix it.

I still have no respect for them. Their extremist behavior solidified in my mind what they are. Bringing up irrelevant issues and spreading propaganda to the masses is about all they accomplished. They reached enough people in order to strong arm their way into the house. If anything this chain of events has made my idea of them even worse. Not only extremists, but bully extremists.[/QUOTE]

You are VERY naive if you think ONLY the Republican's are in the pocket of big business.... VERY VERY naive. If you actually do a little research, you will see that it just depends which pockets you want to be in. Seriously man, you have a lot to learn if you truly follow one party so blindly like that.