Using Headset / Microphone With -2000 Model

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
Just to make sure, I have to have the little control box that plugs into the PSPs audio jack, and the video out part right? I want to be able to use a mic for games, but I want to make sure I get all the right stuff...

Also, the old white control pod thing doesn't work with the -2000 model right? I already have one of those, it's a shame I can't reuse it...

Only a couple more days until my Slim gets here!! Woo woo!

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
Ok, firstly. you need an official SONY remote controll. I can't stress this enough, cos most of the ones online are fakes!

You firstly connect the remote into the PSP, the video jack thats right. then you connect your official SONY PSP headset into the remote and thats it.

I bought these online for under 30, well, thats the price I paid in AU, imported from America...

For me, I just need a real PSP-1000 remote.

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
Yeah, that is the headset I have... I just need to get the Slim remote thingy. Grr... Why they couldn't have made the Slim backwards compatible with the big peripherals...

J

Jack007

[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]Ok, firstly. you need an official SONY remote controll. I can't stress this enough, cos most of the ones online are fakes!

You firstly connect the remote into the PSP, the video jack thats right. then you connect your official SONY PSP headset into the remote and thats it.

I bought these online for under 30, well, thats the price I paid in AU, imported from America...

For me, I just need a real PSP-1000 remote.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, will be purchasing soon

-Jack

Beodude123

Electronic Warrior
Feb 9, 2007
Oooooohhh yeah, that's that thing where you talk into it, and it translates into whatever language you want, huh?