Vehicles Dissapearing

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
Every car I buy and customize, put into the garage disappears at some point. They don't even show up at the impound either. Seriously, What the fuck?!

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
NEVER EVER PUT ANY VEHICLE INTO YOUR SAFEHOUSE GARAGE!

Sorry for caps/bold, but that's something that needs to be known to everyone playing. I've only had them disappear into oblivion when I put them there. Only use the large garage (it will show up as green, blue or orange, depending on your player and will accept 4 cars at a time).

Tip... only leave three in there in case you get a car your really want to save. If you park a car outside the garage and then go inside the garage to remove a car, the other car will disappear and will not be recoverable.

DO NOT switch characters while driving a car you wish to save. Most of the time you will retain possession once you switch back, but occasionally it will disappear.

If you have a vehicle you like and want to increase the likelihood of it showing up in the impound, make sure you make at least one modification on it.

Those are the steps I'm taking until something is said from R*, or a patch is released. I've lost the equivalent of $1,000,000+ in mods due to the issue (thankfully I didn't spend that much because I get free mods from a purchased Los Santos Customs).

A nice feature would be to have the ability to set a certain vehicle as your characters "trademark" car. That's how I lose most cars, I'll be using one as the daily driver and sometime along the way it disappears, nowhere to be found.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
Damn I just parked a fully tuned hummer at Franklins safehouse, hopefully it wont disappear. I am glad my infernus is at one of the acquired garages. I think this is lame and even a potential bug which must be fixed.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 6208233]Every car I buy and customize, put into the garage disappears at some point. They don't even show up at the impound either. Seriously, What the fuck?![/QUOTE]
the cars you buy show up at the main garage in L.S

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Cybertox, post: 6208247]Damn I just parked a fully tuned hummer at Franklins safehouse, hopefully it wont disappear. I am glad my infernus is at one of the acquired garages. I think this is lame and even a potential bug which must be fixed.[/QUOTE]

That is how it came to my attention. Took the FJ Cruiser thing to the garage, fully customized it, parked it at the house garage, saved, exited the house... gone. Same with any other car I put in there, though it's odd because occasionally I'll find someone posting about actually being able to store one or two cars in there.

I keep wanting to buy the Lamborghini Miura but afraid to lose it. I also don't have enough room for it with the other cars I have (really wish we could have more, past games allowed at least 10).

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 6208266]That is how it came to my attention. Took the FJ Cruiser thing to the garage, fully customized it, parked it at the house garage, saved, exited the house... gone. Same with any other car I put in there, though it's odd because occasionally I'll find someone posting about actually being able to store one or two cars in there.

I keep wanting to buy the Lamborghini Miura but afraid to lose it. I also don't have enough room for it with the other cars I have (really wish we could have more, past games allowed at least 10).[/QUOTE]

I think that it must be a bug. Cars in safehouses garages must be stored as it was in all the previous games. I am not sure how many garages are out there to buy but I think there must be some and overall we could store more than 10 vehicles not counting the safehouses garages.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be able to use the safehouse garage, but there's just the issue with it now. That would add two cars for Michael and Franklin. You can also have two modded vehicles in the impound.

I've been wondering if it's a bug or something due to memory, as a lot of other cars disappear more quickly than past GTA games (even III). Notice how if you call a taxi it just appears instead of being spawned further away and driving to you (it drives a short distance, but you can usually look one direction, look away real quick and when you look back it will be a couple feet away). Or look at how quickly a police car will disappear after you've hidden, it will round a corner and vanish. I've had a similar thing happen with a car while roaming the mountains.

Obviously cars in the garage should take priority over an extra spawned car in traffic, but I'm wondering if the game is reading that car in the garage as abandoned before it can be saved correctly. There might be an issue between saving it in the garage and sending it to the impound.

Hopefully whatever the issue it can be fixed, and soon.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
I have the garages. Not the one attached to my safe house. My shit still disappears. I figure this shit would happen. Just like every other gta game.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="Acid Snake, post: 6208274]I have the garages. Not the one attached to my safe house. My shit still disappears. I figure this shit would happen. Just like every other gta game.[/QUOTE]
The cars I had in my acquired property garages never disappeared.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
Does it disappear in the garage or after you've taken it out of the garage?

I think I read elsewhere of cars disappearing from the garage, but I've only had them disappear after I've taken them out where they never make it to the impound lot.

I know it seems if I ever park a modded vehicle outside of the big garage and enter it, the car outside will forever be gone.

There are just too many issues with owned/modded vehicles disappearing.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="ttech10, post: 6208281]Does it disappear in the garage or after you've taken it out of the garage?

I think I read elsewhere of cars disappearing from the garage, but I've only had them disappear after I've taken them out where they never make it to the impound lot.

I know it seems if I ever park a modded vehicle outside of the big garage and enter it, the car outside will forever be gone.

There are just too many issues with owned/modded vehicles disappearing.[/QUOTE] Yeah, after I take it from the garage and park it somewhere, it's gone for good.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
[QUOTE="Foraeli, post: 6208305]Well, the name of the game IS Grand Theft Auto; so I would imagine people's cars will in fact be "disappearing" :snicker[/QUOTE] Already went through my mind. :snicker

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
So I was playing earlier and was able to keep a car and a motorcycle to stay in Franklin's garage. I put a vehicle in Michael's garage and later found a duplicate of it in the impound.

However, I'm pretty sure when I went to Franklin's big garage there was a vehicle missing (the Mercedes SLS lookalike).

It's like when one thing works the other doesn't.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Cybertox, post: 6208593]Rockstar has a lot of things to fix apart from this issue so we can expect a patch.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="MW2-LgNd, post: 6208602]Lol i would if i saw you say it. No game can be flawless[/QUOTE]

Especially a game of this magnitude, the amount of free roaming you have and things to do someone is bound to find a few bugs and glitches. Each day passes is many millions of "play testing" completed.

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
I wish I could find another Coil. That at a Coquette. And maybe a Vacca (but that mainly just to see what mods, I really don't like driving the Lambo's).

I found an Addler parked near where Rodeo Dr would be, really thought you'd be able to do more to it. It's one car I don't mind if it disappears.

Cybertox

Forum Guru
Dec 28, 2009
Switzerland
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6208607]Especially a game of this magnitude, the amount of free roaming you have and things to do someone is bound to find a few bugs and glitches. Each day passes is many millions of "play testing" completed.[/QUOTE]

That doesnt mean that there is no way fixing these issues. Of course its natural for them to appear but they must be possible to fix.

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="claud3, post: 6209305]I lost my four buggatti vyrons , i think that is how you spell the real life name of the car...

But i can still find them. So not a massive lost[/QUOTE]Four? Now your just getting greedy.

Bhindi_Bhajji

Superior Member
Jun 5, 2006
I have a fighter jet in Michaels hangar in the airport, so far so good, it hasn't vanished...and it better not. I have had vehicles vanish form his house garage though, but nothing major yet.