Visuals of Ratchet Future 2 didn't look so good

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
So I just played the Clank demo and to be frank the visuals didn't look so good. There are so many jaggies. I dont even think the colors are the best.

Your thoughts?

Essenshizer

Dedicated Member
Sep 26, 2007
Regardless of the graphics, the game is going to be really entertaining... which is all that really matters anyways.

After playing Uncharted 2, most games may also seem a little underwhelming, heh.

higgos22

Master Guru
Feb 8, 2009
I reckon it looks good
and its not trying to look human and life like which uncharted 2 so its good im not comparing it to uncharted 2 and it looks great, gives great feel of what its suppose to

May 20, 2007
TBH, we have been spoiled recently with U2 and KZ2. Even MGS4 to some extent in motion.

It's a good fun game, but I think it's too much in the wake of hype from Uncharted 2.

Sep 29, 2008
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 0]I didn't see any jaggies. Am I going blind? Say it ain't so. Please say it aint so...[/quote]

I reckon the game has 2XAA which would eliminate any aliasing issues. His sharpness is probably too high, the first game had very crisp picture quality.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Despite not seeing these visuals for myself, I am not the slightest bit worried, nor concerned. I have confidence that the title will be a success. It was a success in last generation graphics, and in current generation graphics. That said, the visuals really don't matter in this particular series [ in my opinion ]. Sure they serve as eye candy, and really define why it's a next generation title, but I believe that titles like this one really don't need top of the line visuals nor graphics, and yet they will still compare with the titles with flashy guns and characters.

This is just my perspective, of course. But regardless of the look of the game, I'm confident that it'll be a blast.

Pinski

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2008
who cares? rachet and clank arent trying to set any mark for graphics its about gameplay which sadly games are loseing.

Sep 10, 2005
I download the demo yesterday,and i must say i enjoyed it :) Ifi find it cheap ill buy it right away.Or else ill wait for a while,cause im kinda broke now..

Alpha

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2006
I did not see any jaggies, and I thought the graphics were great. That super smooth, and what felt like 60 fps, frame-rate was nice.

As I was working my way through the level, I kept on looking around admiring the graphics.

Maybe the flat 2d space backdrops were a bit off putting but not by much.

The Cage

Master Poster
Mar 6, 2007
I totaly agree , the old R&C (TOD) was better , the new one looks like more cartoonie , which the old one was like disney pixar chars

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
NO NO what I mean is the game didn't look as good as ratchet and clank future 1. I don't care if they improved the graphics I just don't want them dumbed down.

nskinnear

Elite Sage
Oct 12, 2007
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]NO NO what I mean is the game didn't look as good as ratchet and clank future 1. I don't care if they improved the graphics I just don't want them dumbed down.[/quote]
wat.

The graphics are improved in every aspect.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="HellsJester, post: 0]You must think Pixar movies look horrible then.[/quote]
Please tell me you aren't comparing the visuals from this demo to a Pixar look...

The demo certainly didn't look ANYTHING like the amazing screens they had posted before. I don't know why they released those screens, and then the demo doesn't look nearly as good.

If anyone is interested in watching it, I'll be happy to upload the entire demo footage.

The demo wasn't that FUN, but I was mildly entertained with the time control "puzzles". The game play was basic I guess. I'll probably buy it, maybe.

darksora

Master Poster
Apr 23, 2007
Was a little surprised by the visuals in the demo. Not really sure how to explain it but it was like jaggies in the way the colours pop out. (not sure if that makes sense). I'm assuming this is just for the demo though as what they've shown before the demo has been awesome and perhaps had some effects or settings turned off to keep the demo small? (even though its 2gb!!!)

still day 1 buy like every ratchet game for me XD

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
I'm uploading the entire demo game play. It'll be done in several parts since the entire encoding was over a gig lol.

The recording was done @ 13.5Mb/s... the first part is uploading now, but it'll be a while.

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
Haven't played the demo but I had no problems with the other two Ratchet & Clank games on the PS3 so I doubt I will with this. Don't really care if a lot of the images we have seen until now have been bullshots.

[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 0]demos are some times old builds of games. so the demo for this game could be
an old build. and the final game looking much better[/quote]

Could be but it's usually not the case with demo's that release so close to the actual game. Plus the games probably been in print for a while now so they couldn't really enhance anything anyway.

Pantyhelmet

Superior Member
Jan 16, 2007
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 0]Please tell me you aren't comparing the visuals from this demo to a Pixar look...

The demo certainly didn't look ANYTHING like the amazing screens they had posted before. I don't know why they released those screens, and then the demo doesn't look nearly as good.

If anyone is interested in watching it, I'll be happy to upload the entire demo footage.

The demo wasn't that FUN, but I was mildly entertained with the time control "puzzles". The game play was basic I guess. I'll probably buy it, maybe.[/quote]

Seriously? Why would you buy a game that clearly doesn't excite you? Even if you had bankrolls of money, don't they have game rentals where you reside? Did you feel like you needed to justify posting in this thread? That ain't necessary, whether you want the game or not your opinion is valid.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="Pantyhelmet, post: 0]Seriously? Why would you buy a game that clearly doesn't excite you? Even if you had bankrolls of money, don't they have game rentals where you reside? Did you feel like you needed to justify posting in this thread? That ain't necessary, whether you want the game or not your opinion is valid.[/quote]
I also have kids that play games. My tastes aren't always the same as theirs. The full game might be something more fun than just a short demo as well. So, it's a maybe still.