Vita remote play killzone 3

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
I have read rumors going about that all ps3 games can be played remotely, if this is true I am 90% getting this day one, I would like to know could I connect the PSV to my 37 inch and play the games on it? Im not much of a small screen guy.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
Want to see it working within the hands of the consumer before I'd ever consider this a reason to purchase. The PSP was supposed to have remote play. It did, but it was so poorly executed to the point where thousands could not get it to work properly.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5663669]I have read rumors going about that all ps3 games can be played remotely, if this is true I am 90% getting this day one, I would like to know could I connect the PSV to my 37 inch and play the games on it? Im not much of a small screen guy.[/QUOTE]

No you can not it does not have any tv out options

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
so you mean to tell me, i can pick up a ps3 game, start it, and should i have to go.... i can play Uncharted 3 on the toilet?!?! wow. Like i didnt already need another reason not to leave the bathroom! just need a mini fridge with some beers and a toaster oven and id litterally never have to leave! to sleep i could line the tub with towels! this is amazing!!!

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Ariakace, post: 5663686]so you mean to tell me, i can pick up a ps3 game, start it, and should i have to go.... i can play Uncharted 3 on the toilet?!?! wow. Like i didnt already need another reason not to leave the bathroom! just need a mini fridge with some beers and a toaster oven and id litterally never have to leave! to sleep i could line the tub with towels! this is amazing!!![/QUOTE]

Damn right man! You could even lay on bed and play with your ps3 in living room via vita

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="mankind, post: 5663669]I have read rumors going about that all ps3 games can be played remotely, if this is true I am 90% getting this day one, I would like to know could I connect the PSV to my 37 inch and play the games on it? Im not much of a small screen guy.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as the Vita has a gyro and every button of a DS3 (counting the touch as R2 and L2) it's entirely possible that you could remote play every PS3 title. Hell, you could remote play the entire system.
In saying this, I don't think it would be too hard to work the other way round, the Vita it's self has no video out ports. But whats stopping SONY from doing a remote Vita setup with the video being directed to your PS3/TV.

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
This all sounds too good to be true. I bet this will be something that devs have to patch in, this would be terrible for games like SFxT or UMVC3 which you wouldn't need to buy on Vita if you could just buy the PS3 version and play i on both

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Zoibie, post: 5663730]This all sounds too good to be true. I bet this will be something that devs have to patch in, this would be terrible for games like SFxT or UMVC3 which you wouldn't need to buy on Vita if you could just buy the PS3 version and play i on both[/QUOTE]

You need to be near a wifi point to do remote play so your limited in that sense

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5663749]I made a thread on this ages ago about it being a good idea, if they do it with every game it'll be awesome.

Still want to be able to connect it to the TV though, wouldn't it be possible with the USB?[/QUOTE]

No idea sorry

YoungMullah88

PSU Live Streamer
Sep 15, 2006
Charlotte
www.playfire.com
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5663733]That video... suspect. The movements on screen did not match what his thumbs were doing... Skeptical at this point.[/QUOTE]

have you remote played before? obviously there is lag regardless of how good the connection is. even games that dont task the system lags a bit, like pixel junk monsters. when i remote play, even tho im doing it directly, i can still feel the input lag but trying to do the same from a friends house, ill have to set the input to 5 and visuals to 2 or 1 in other for the damn thing to work at all

its good that the vita will be able to play most ps3 games that are not psn downloads! nice

(more vita features) http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/15/tgs-2011-vita-showcase-ar-remote-play-ps-suite-more/

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5663799]It looks to be the best Sony console made to date for pretty much everything for sure. I don't think anything has had such a massive lineup before release. Only problem is it won't have Naughty Dog on board.[/QUOTE]

The people who made golden sands had help from naughty dog during development

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
I can't wait for Vita, even if the remote play isn't true... after Tokyo Game Show, i'm tottally buying the 3G version, the features are just incredible, this will be my main portable device for a good while. My only downer for now is the battery life, but that was to be expected i guess like the many new devices that get released on the market.

I hope Sony delivers as it's promised at TGS... looks like everything is in place for a great launch.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5663749]I made a thread on this ages ago about it being a good idea, if they do it with every game it'll be awesome.

Still want to be able to connect it to the TV though, wouldn't it be possible with the USB?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="YoungMullah88, post: 5663776]have you remote played before? obviously there is lag regardless of how good the connection is. even games that dont task the system lags a bit, like pixel junk monsters. when i remote play, even tho im doing it directly, i can still feel the input lag but trying to do the same from a friends house, ill have to set the input to 5 and visuals to 2 or 1 in other for the damn thing to work at all

its good that the vita will be able to play most ps3 games that are not psn downloads! nice

(more vita features) http://www.vg247.com/2011/09/15/tgs-2011-vita-showcase-ar-remote-play-ps-suite-more/[/QUOTE]
Yes, I've done just about everything you could do on a PSP. I never had any lag that would equate to that video. That was with wireless b to boot. I'm just saying, it looked suspect; and you might be right, it could just be a little lag there. That's just my opinion on that extremely short video. Nothing so far to detract my day 1 purchase.

Aug 9, 2010
Lets be realistic here. How am I supposed to play BFBC2 on my PSV without lag when it is hard enough to do so on the PS3 itself? Milliseconds count in games like these and I assume it to be nearly impossible for this to work with remote play (additional lag). How am I supposed to effectively use R2 and L2 in games that use them constantly?

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="silvermanor2, post: 5664027]Lets be realistic here. How am I supposed to play BFBC2 on my PSV without lag when it is hard enough to do so on the PS3 itself? Milliseconds count in games like these and I assume it to be nearly impossible for this to work with remote play (additional lag). How am I supposed to effectively use R2 and L2 in games that use them constantly?[/QUOTE]

Thats main reason id only play it with rpgs on remote play because lag doesnt matter that much

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="silvermanor2, post: 5664027]Lets be realistic here. How am I supposed to play BFBC2 on my PSV without lag when it is hard enough to do so on the PS3 itself? Milliseconds count in games like these and I assume it to be nearly impossible for this to work with remote play (additional lag). How am I supposed to effectively use R2 and L2 in games that use them constantly?[/QUOTE]

Just be happy the tech exists and dont worry about finer details until its launched. This will be epic for games like Skyrim etc.

Wasib

Super Elite
Feb 2, 2007
Sceptical on this frankly still. Lag could be an issue but an even bigger issue will be wireless range and the battery life. I mean how long do you think that battery will last with Wi-Fi on streaming a PS3 game? Not long.

In fact these are the challenges Nintendo is facing with Wii U. It is a great concept though. Start you game and take it anywhere you want within a wireless range and synchronize progress through the cloud.

mini E

Superior Member
May 7, 2006
USA
Grr...I posted this idea on .blog share and it got ignored. Glad to see it happening though. Another reason to buy a Vita. I just hope it is able to play every game (or least all the games i have :p) The NA and EU launches will be even bigger!

*squeels like a little girl*

I would really like to see a video of the whole address, though