Wallpaper Template. new template added *56k warning*

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
thecoldesigns.iforumer.com
I was looking for one, but I couldn't find one. So I decided to make one.
Here is the template [it doesn't look too good by it's self, but when you add a wallpaper under it it looks better]

[reveal]
[/reveal]
to place it on a wallpaper you wish to have on your ps3, just open up both with a graphics program and place the template over the wallpaper.
-Here is an example of how it works
[reveal][img=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3056/exampledone123uk3.th.jpg] [/reveal]
I took some pics of it on my ps3 so you can see how the icons fall into place
[reveal][img=http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6151/dscn0804cq2.th.jpg][/reveal]
If you guys want you can send me the wallpaper you want me to add this to, and I'll do it when I have some time.
I hope you guys like it.
*Update*
alright I made a darker version

Here is what it looks like when a background it under it.
[reveal]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/51/vcopyaz7.jpg[/reveal]
and here is the png
[reveal]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1965/59868601sa2.png[/reveal]
ALSO YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE PHOTOSHOP, GIMP IS A FREE GRAPHIC PROGRAM,WHICH YOU CAN USE.
-UndecideD

bad_calvin

Superior Member
Oct 11, 2006
Nice, thanks man! :)
I will have to play with it. I am not sure how to put a template over a picture, but I should be able to figure it out with some trial and error.

UndecideD

Master Poster
Mar 24, 2006
thecoldesigns.iforumer.com
[QUOTE="KraZe, post: 0]Thats pretty sick
+ rep homie[/quote]thanks I appreciate it. Have you tried it on a different wallpaper yet? I want to know how it works out for everyone so I can fix it or make it better if there are any problems.[QUOTE="bad_calvin, post: 0]Nice, thanks man! :)
I will have to play with it. I am not sure how to put a template over a picture, but I should be able to figure it out with some trial and error.[/quote]
If you have any problems, just send me your wallpaper and I'll do it for you.

Sep 2, 2006
Thats a really nice trick. So if you have a wallpaper that obscures the icons, this little template, allows you to see them. When I get home, I will photoshop it into a current wallpaper. Thanks!

Phantasmn

Push my Phantastic button
Jun 29, 2006
Thank you soo much. I was too lazy to try to make one myself. I was going to ask someone in the PSP background thread to make one for the PS3.

BTW, can we get a sticky for backgrounds like we have in the PSP section?

Nov 23, 2005
This one is much better than the one I was working with.

The only problem I see is when I move it over the wall I,m working on is the size of the transform edges... If they we're made to fit from each corner, it would make the dragging and placement alot easier...

Other than that, as I said before... ALOT better than the one I have working now... +rep

icdedppl

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2006
sigh. this reminds me of the good old xbox1 days and using EvoX.

and nice job! i hope that sony allows RANDOM background images every time you turn on the ps3! like, dump all your pics into a folder, select that folder a the background image, and then it selects one at random.

dandad1

Apprentice
Apr 13, 2006
Cool thanks, I was trying to make one for myself as well but it never worked out because the only image program I own is ms paint. lol

bad_calvin

Superior Member
Oct 11, 2006
[QUOTE="UndecideD, post: 0]thanks I appreciate it. Have you tried it on a different wallpaper yet? I want to know how it works out for everyone so I can fix it or make it better if there are any problems.
If you have any problems, just send me your wallpaper and I'll do it for you.[/quote]

I may take you up on that, lol. I will try and figure it out though. I will give you +rep tommorow since they limited the amount of rep to only 5 counting in a day. I want it to count. :) I appreciate you sharing!

Mar 11, 2007
thanks a lot, i will try and see how it works out since i've never used a template on top of a pic... but i'll let u know if anything goes:p thanks
+rep

Nov 23, 2005
Nevermind my problem Undecided. I was working at 300dpi resolution and your xmb is made for 28.5dpi...

Thanks again for the work!!!

May 15, 2007
This is great, looks really good. I think Sony should apply something like this as default over the top of any background.

knowitman

Dedicated Member
Nov 22, 2004
Thanks for the template, I've been looking for something like this.

BTW, It appears that your PS3 is output in 16:9 and your TV is stretching it out to 4:3. All your icons and everything look distorted.

W

wyse_guy

thanks for this, only thing is its made for 720 : / i had to remake it and make it for 1920 x 1080

Mar 31, 2007
www.myspace.com
What i need to know it what size an image has to be to fit right on a SDTV with 576i output resolution (couldnt afford a PS3 and new tv yet so just have the PS3 lol) and then if i adjust the template to fit a wallpaper for that TV it wont look right just resized will it?

A

Anbu_Evolution

WOW...I had to sign up on this forum to thank you for this! Somebody else on here posted some nice looking wallpapers with that template. Not sure if that was your work or not but I'm currently using one of them and it looks awesome!

I really hope that more users in the future would use this design cuz it kicks arse!! Thanks!

Also, can you make the same template for a higher resolution, like say, 1920x1080 or something like that? Appreciate it!

SneakerHolic

Superior Member
Feb 1, 2007
wha program did you use because i have no image editing tools so im wondering what software you use? can anyone tell me of a good editing tool?