War Thunder Help

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
How can I get into a fresh game? I seem to get into games halfway through, or is that how it's supposed to be?

[PressSquare To Join Battle] - Just kicks me into an arcade game. Are there no options for historical or sim?

I only ever seem to get into one map, a big grassy one, but the tutorials show water based maps with ships to destroy.

Not entirely sure how to unlock new planes, but I can look for a beginners guide for that stuff, this is more ps4 related.

May 5, 2012
The only advice I would give is to play something else instead. Maybe its me but I could not get on with War Thunder, seemed like a last gen game, with pretty awful controls!

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="sharky742, post: 6292985]The only advice I would give is to play something else instead. Maybe its me but I could not get on with War Thunder, seemed like a last gen game, with pretty awful controls![/QUOTE] Yeah I've lost interest in this game. Most of what I've been hearing about it isnt good.

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6293047]Yeah I've lost interest in this game. Most of what I've been hearing about it isnt good.[/QUOTE]

Ive played it and maybe I didnt give it enough time but it didnt hold my interest.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Mar 19, 2006
Pacific NW
The matchmaking is a random battle. Sometimes you get to start on a fresh one, sometimes you come in with 2 mins left in the match. Leveling up planes requires you to fly for Research points and silver lions. You can see your progress on individual plane upgrades after each match.

ToonAssassin

!! Watch Your Step !!
Oct 26, 2007
Watching YOUR step !
i've actually gone back to this and given it another chance, i researched the bomber and had a lot of fun, you do the flying and bombing while your CPU turret guy takes on the fighter planes for you, gets quite exciting in a WW1 kinda way, not bad for a freebie, just needs some perseverance, and better instructions lol

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
I've levelled up a copuple of planes, but they still seem slow and crap compared to what others are killing me with. I feel like I'm in a tier 3 battle with a tier 1 plane.
It's good fun though when you get behind someone and ware their plane down in a long battle.

ToonAssassin

!! Watch Your Step !!
Oct 26, 2007
Watching YOUR step !
unlock the blenheim bomber in the uk planes, the rear gunner takes a lot of people down for you while you concentrate on bombing the enemy base and ground units, good way to earn points

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
As soon as you get to the tier 2 and 3 planes you'll really start to enjoy the game a whole lot more, the battles last much longer and of course people are much harder to hit because they've had just as much practice as you have had. I'm closing in on tier 4 now.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
Is this game still not out in North America? It doesn't appear to be in the US store yet when I go online it states the release date was moved to January... Did I miss something? I really wanted to play this game on PS4.

Mar 19, 2006
Pacific NW
[QUOTE="Lefein, post: 6295645]Is this game still not out in North America? It doesn't appear to be in the US store yet when I go online it states the release date was moved to January... Did I miss something? I really wanted to play this game on PS4.[/QUOTE]

Create an account with a Euro address, download Warthunder, download it on your main account, enjoy. Also, Gaijin(studio who made the game) said there will be NO STAT WIPES. Which means you will keep your progress(as this game is a hell of a grind especially now with the new update). You can change server from UK to any, guessing it will be no issue to switch it to US & continue playing your account on a different server. So once it launches in US they will have to go against the experienced UK gamers? That could get ugly for newcomers trying to adjust to the gameplay..