Watch Dogs in March?

sanfordmay

Superior Member
Jan 14, 2013
Texas
[QUOTE="Hayzoo5, post: 6286803]A bit sooner than I would have expected:

http://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/1v8s1l/release_in_march_looking_more_likely/[/QUOTE]

The pre-order filler dates I've been seeing are June 30th about across the board, which would indicate calendar Q2, not Q1. That's a print magazine in the Reddit post. Editorial deadline for February print would've been late November 2013. Possibly earlier because of the holiday break. Back then WD was delayed off Q4 2013 but still looking like it might make late Q1 2014. So I'd count on Q4 2014 -- if they slip to Q3 they may just skip the whole quarter and release Q4 in the thick of holiday game buying season -- hope for Q2, be very pleasantly surprised if they make late Q1. Which they won't.

sanfordmay

Superior Member
Jan 14, 2013
Texas
I will be surprised if DriveClub makes it before Christmas shopping season next year. I think the point was to have something first-party and, also not so arcade like NFS: Rivals, to go up against Forza 5. They just couldn't get it done so they pulled it back, which was smart, considering Forza 5 is stable and in good shape but the usual Forza features are going to trickle out in updates. If DriveClub was just broken that would've been far worse than no Forza competitor at launch. Now I think it's more important DriveClub be really good and have its own niche rather than just be a checklist match for Forza 5. I suppose they probably will try to get it out the door as soon as reasonably possible rather than holding it until next fall, if only because the cutdown version of DriveClub will make a big showcase PS+ free game for PS4. Maybe they'll get that out and then polish up the retail version, hope people get engaged enough playing the edit to buy the full deal.

bru_sek

Apprentice
Mar 18, 2010
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 6286868]Doesn't matter to me. The game has a lot of potential so take all the time needed to make it great.[/QUOTE]

Serinous

Elite Sage
Feb 18, 2008
[QUOTE="Admartian, post: 6286869]I'd be surprised if either Watch_Dogs or DriveClub make it before March, with the way they're tracking.[/QUOTE]

This.

Sep 13, 2012
[QUOTE="Serinous, post: 6287508]This.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just checked and Xbox Magazine published in their latest edition that it will be released in March. I doubt that's just hot air.

Jun 28, 2008
[QUOTE="ElieKatzQueer, post: 6287512]Well, I just checked and Xbox Magazine published in their latest edition that it will be released in March. I doubt that's just hot air.[/QUOTE]

As long as the game is awesome and not needing fixed I would love to see it in March!

Jun 28, 2008
[QUOTE="Duffman1986, post: 6287941]Was an interesting read, will be an awesome game if it does come together like that![/QUOTE]

Yeah, good find! I enjoyed reading that. Thanks Hayzoo, good food for thought and I hope it comes together like that as well.

Hayzoo5

Apprentice
Aug 2, 2012
DUDES everytime I google Watch Dogs and check the news section I'm finding more stuff like every day. Most of it is the same but this stood out - published 3 hours ago:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1105105/wa...sedly-close-could-aim-for-disturbing-realism/

"Another detail being used to push the realism of the game is that if you wander the streets of Chicago with a weapon drawn, others might back away and some might even call the police. You really have to watch what you do if you don’t want to create too many problems for yourself or others. Your sense of morality could actually be tested if you think about what you’re doing."

I didn't realize the game was so stealth!!!!!1

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
If it releases in March, that would have given Ubisoft an extra 4 months to work on the project. I would think that would be enough extra time to get the game done properly.

Jul 13, 2013
Oregon
I lost interest a long time ago.
This game has been hyped for so long with no release for years now.
I feel like I've already beaten it and shelved it for good to be honest.
Of course I'll play it when it does arrive, but my excitement is at a zero.

sterritt

Superior Member
Mar 19, 2005
Northern Ireland
[QUOTE="TEST SUBJECT 83, post: 6291245]I lost interest a long time ago.
This game has been hyped for so long with no release for years now.
I feel like I've already beaten it and shelved it for good to be honest.
Of course I'll play it when it does arrive, but my excitement is at a zero.[/QUOTE]

To a degree I agree with you. When it was sheduled as a launch title I was mega hyped. In fact its the only reason I got a ps4 at launch (substituted with AC) now I barely even remember that its almost coming up to a release date and the hype/interest is totally gone.

Now dont get me wrong, If they start showing video's and it looks a little more polished and improved it will definately be on my digital download list day 1 but at the minute I'm not all that excited.

Far more excited for Infamous and metal gear atm.

bru_sek

Apprentice
Mar 18, 2010
[QUOTE="ShakesHead, post: 6291500]She looks a little psychotic but I like her reasoning.[/QUOTE]

I just like that she's basically saying what I always say about delays. They're not bad, they're potentially good.

Jan 29, 2014
I honestly don't see this launching till after E3. August maybe? The reason why is that they are going to want to show off the improvements they have made in the delay.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6292083]I just cant get excited about this game. Never understood what all the fuss was about. I'll be getting Infamous in March.[/QUOTE]

Seems kind of strange to reply in a thread of a game you have no interest in... Do you need attention?

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 6292086]Seems kind of strange to reply in a thread of a game you have no interest in... Do you need attention?[/QUOTE] lol Just giving my opinion on it....Feeling a little butthurt are you?