Watches

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
Can someone help me look for a good watch from around the range of 100-180$

The watch has to look stylish or pleasing to the eye.

The problem is that I don't know where to look!

jinsoo

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
For that price range you could probably just hit up some department stores. I recommend Macy's. I'd stay away from jewelry shops as their watches would definitely run well over $180.

Edit: Since all you care about is the look of the watch you might be able to get away with a cheap $10 watch from Walmart. They don't look too bad from a distance and you could easily pull it off granted people don't touch it lol. It does scratch easy though and won't last you very long but if it's a one time thing that might be the way to go.

jinsoo

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
[QUOTE="King_of_Games, post: 0]Amazon is a really good place to look.[/quote]

You'd definitely get a better deal there but watches are just one of those things I need to see in person before buying. How it looks on your wrist, its size, how shiny it is lol.

King_of_Games

Superior Member
Apr 28, 2009
www.youtube.com
Yeah, but maybe you can see something you like, and then look in a store? I'm not really into watches myself. I used to wear one to school back in the day, but once I got an Iphone, the need for a watch just disappeared.

jinsoo

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
[QUOTE="King_of_Games, post: 0]Yeah, but maybe you can see something you like, and then look in a store? I'm not really into watches myself. I used to wear one to school back in the day, but once I got an Iphone, the need for a watch just disappeared.[/quote]

Yea watches are no longer needed since everyone has a cell phone. It's now more about fashion like a tie than it is about purpose. But still, a nice watch is a great thing to have.

jinsoo

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
Lol don't do it. He's trying to sell you a $10 fake for $200. Last night he originally said it was worth $5,000. Today he edited it to 8 lol.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="HaTriX, post: 0]People still wear watches :confused:[/quote]
I havnt worn mine for a few years I just tried it on and its too tight round my wrist and the battery stopped ages ago.

mickice

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 8, 2006
Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 0]Casio = class :DD[/quote]

I always get cute girls askin me for the time. You never get people asking you to reach into your pocket to pull out your phone to look at the clock. :lol:

You better hope it's class at $150. But really Casio has some of the nicest looking watches on the market even if mine is a little scuffed and 5 years old.

My Casio watch even has a 10 year battery.

NARCsnake

Forum Elder
Dec 14, 2005
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]Lol im not sure if your joking or not....Rolex is awesome though[/quote]

no joke ill get a pic as soon as possible

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
save up for a Brietling Emergency watch that has a GPS beacon system in case you get
stranded

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3R7lhLqVo8"]YouTube- Testing the Breitling Emergency[/ame]

NARCsnake

Forum Elder
Dec 14, 2005
[QUOTE="jinsoo, post: 4875665]Lol don't do it. He's trying to sell you a $10 fake for $200. Last night he originally said it was worth $5,000. Today he edited it to 8 lol.[/quote]

proly bc i was told it was 5000$ and then i found it on amazon
and i can prove its not a fake by showing u little ROLEX secrets on the watch

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
I found this watch

Swatch-Full Blooded night

Its 165$, you guys like it?

btw If the strap dosnt fit me do they give me a bigger size?
and for the people coming into the thread, Watches are for class, looking at your motorazr dosnt look as good as looking at that ^

NARCsnake

Forum Elder
Dec 14, 2005
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I found this watch

Swatch-Full Blooded night

Its 165$, you guys like it?

btw If the strap dosnt fit me do they give me a bigger size?
and for the people coming into the thread, Watches are for class, looking at your motorazr dosnt look as good as looking at that ^[/quote]

there should be 2 or 3 lil screws on the side of the strap to make it bigger

[DT]

Forum Guru
May 1, 2008
Vilano Beach, FL
[QUOTE="HaTriX, post: 0]People still wear watches :confused:[/quote]

Of course. Some of us don't walk around like a phone zombie and even *gasp* leave them at home or in the car :D

[QUOTE="Hologram, post: 0]
one of mine, also got the vector mil spec.[/quote]

Core Military is a slick timepiece.

I'd say there's a few general watch segments:

Classic, lower cost products from Timex/Citizen even Swatch, etc. They work great, have lots of styles and price points. They're _watch_ companies for the most part.

Fashion watches that have higher cost because of the brand equity, but can have pretty low end time mechanisms. Some of these can be pretty pricey, but there are also some really nice and fun watches from companies like Fossil (that are fairly inexpensive).

Vertical market, specialty low-med cost like the Suunto above, Luminox, etc. Built to a pretty precise spec, the classic manufacturers have gotten into this as well. I kind lump Casio in here too.

Mid grade to lower-high-end like Rolex, Tag, Breitling (Mavado to some extent). Some killer watches in this segment with solid movement design, and a wide range of price, designs.

Then esoteric, handmade high end stuff like Patek Phillipe, Nardin, etc.

I *love* watches :D

Nov 28, 2004
you can also check overstock.com

I have a bulova watch which i think is within the price range and i like their style. I've gotten compliments on it.

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
So DT can you help me find a watch like the swatch one above, only with steel instead of see through material where the strap attaches.