We are moving!

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
[QUOTE="Vyse, post: 6535032]Let us nuke it from orbit before moving to the new planet.[/QUOTE]

It's the only way to be sure....

:p

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 6535027][video=youtube;N9wsjroVlu8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8[/video][/QUOTE]
That is exactly what I was thinking when I said that ... lol.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
Update: Just met with our admin who will be performing the migration of the forums to XenForo. We are going to be implementing the forum upgrade in stages. So the launch of the new forums are going to be a bit plain. We will probably go forward with just the default theme and features and install plug-ins and features a bit at a time.

Hoping to be able to provide a "go live" date in the next week or so. Of course, the holidays are fast approaching so that may impact our schedule as well. Thanks for your patience.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Much love to Christopher and everyone else working to keep the site alive and kicking as well as the rest of the community who have stuck with us through thick and thin. We're on the home stretch now.

Mar 24, 2007
Your House.
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6535070]Update: Just met with our admin who will be performing the migration of the forums to XenForo. We are going to be implementing the forum upgrade in stages. So the launch of the new forums are going to be a bit plain. We will probably go forward with just the default theme and features and install plug-ins and features a bit at a time.

Hoping to be able to provide a "go live" date in the next week or so. Of course, the holidays are fast approaching so that may impact our schedule as well. Thanks for your patience.[/QUOTE]

Nice, awesome to hear

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I wasn't able to get into the meeting yesterday so I'll be in a 1-to-1 with the admin in a few hours time to catch up. Going to be fun configuring everything when it goes live. :D

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Yep, tons more work. We were keen to make the transition before Xmas. Been waiting so long for it, didn't want it delayed any further. We'll get there!

I have no idea how to change my signature :)

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Awesome stuff dude :D

Also the site is quick now!
Yes, it's lightning fast! There's no archaic code weighing down everything.

I am so happy this finally got done. On behalf of the ownership team, I'm really sorry that we let it rot for so long.
Better late than never! The positive feedback regarding the new forums is nice. It will get better and better over time as we all adjust and get used to things and make the necessary tweaks here and there. We have at least made the move and have removed that gigantic weight from our shoulders. So the only direction to go from here is forward. :cool:

Mr.Bishop

Administrator
Dec 21, 2009
Montreal
www.psu.com

Better late than never! The positive feedback regarding the new forums is nice. It will get better and better over time as we all adjust and get used to things and make the necessary tweaks here and there. We have at least made the move and have removed that gigantic weight from our shoulders. So the only direction to go from here is forward. :cool:
That is definitely the idea. :)

IWAO

Master Guru
Aug 20, 2006
Denmark, Copenhagen
twitter.com

That's a nice change. I'm really looking forward to what you guys got planned for 2018!

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
I only hope old fuckers come and post a little more. The software tho, it is pretty good and fast enough! I am also loving it.