We are such *****

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
[QUOTE="bash, post: 5720923][video=youtube;LCcZqcPOlNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcZqcPOlNM[/video][/QUOTE]

More appropriate

[video=youtube;RFZrzg62Zj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/video]

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
[QUOTE="bash, post: 5721024]More appropriate

[video=youtube;RFZrzg62Zj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0[/video][/QUOTE]

no ones forcing you to read this thread and if you dont care why are you even reading it?

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5720791]:lol:

Fuck the jellyfish, I'd kill em' myself if it meant that they weren't going to bother me. Its not like they serve a purpose.

And as for the video, would you rather they do tests on humans? I mean, come on, hard things have to be done for the greater good. If they didn't release them, then those dogs would eventually be put down.[/QUOTE]

Only if said humans volunteer, or are in prison for life for murder, etc. :]

Enthroll

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2008
Tuscany
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5721021]Animals are here only to serve our purposes, if that means using them to test medicine or whatever, then so be it.[/QUOTE]

Wow...

Is that a god rule or something ? Or did you come up with it after thorough research into animal behaviour and intelligence?
Some are self aware as I'm sure you know - I wonder if they feel the same: that it's their divine duty to serve our purposes (hold them in captivity, experiment upon, slaughter them). Maybe when they scream in agony, fear and confusion they get in touch with this divine purpose.

Btw: if that is what you believe, then the thought that we as humans serve a higher purpose above our egos and understanding is not that far fetched right ? Use you imagination and go higher in the evolution chain, where humans don't occupy the highest place. Can you do that ? If so, read on:

How would you feel (as a conscious being - something that we have in common with some animals) if something would take you from your family put you in captivity and experiment upon your body and mind ? Would you feel that it's your duty to serve the ones who took you even if that means using you to "test medicine or whatever" ?

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Enthroll, post: 5721213]Wow...

Is that a god rule or something ? Or did you come up with it after thorough research into animal behaviour and intelligence?
Some are self aware as I'm sure you know - I wonder if they feel the same: that it's their divine duty to serve our purposes (hold them in captivity, experiment upon, slaughter them). Maybe when they scream in agony, fear and confusion they get in touch with this divine purpose.

Btw: if that is what you believe, then the thought that we as humans serve a higher purpose above our egos and understanding is not that far fetched right ? Use you imagination and go higher in the evolution chain, where humans don't occupy the highest place. Can you do that ? If so, read on:

How would you feel (as a conscious being - something that we have in common with some animals) if something would take you from your family put you in captivity and experiment upon your body and mind ? Would you feel that it's your duty to serve the ones who took you even if that means using you to "test medicine or whatever" ?[/QUOTE]

Ooook.

So what beings on earth reign supreme over the human race? I'm saying animals are here to serve the purpose of making sure the earth stays habitable for humans. What other purpose do they serve, after they die they just die. After we die depending on how we live, we might go to heaven or hell.

Now I know, my religion is not the same as everyone elses. But my belief tells me that life on earth is only a trial run to see if we go to heaven or hell. Life here does not matter. So if I had to answer you're question about being taken captive. I would accept it, pray for my captors, and offer my pain up to God.

But thats just me.

Enthroll

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2008
Tuscany
[QUOTE="kwesnoth, post: 5721238]I'm saying animals are here to serve the purpose of making sure the earth stays habitable for humans. What other purpose do they serve, after they die they just die. After we die depending on how we live, we might go to heaven or hell.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if to discuss the Paleozoic and Mesozoic Eras ? 590 to 64 million years ago prior to the age of mammals ?

I agree with Dave.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
An animal, especially a dog, thinks and feels just like we do. They can suffer and become depressed too. I believe it's our duty as the planet's leading species to act responsibly when it comes to protecting nature and treating animals well.

RuStY98

Apprentice
May 5, 2011
Bondi, NSW
is there a way i can change the name of the thread? but im not calling anyone here that well unless their the kinda people that kick dogs and swing cats then i will call them that but i just ment it as we being the human race kinda thing but i failed it looks like

Enthroll

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2008
Tuscany
I understand what you meant by "WE" but not all of us are cruel to animals.

Btw kwesnoth do you know the etymology of "animal" ?
It comes from anima (latin) = soul, breath (of life) living being; and animus = life, mind, rational soul.

Something to think about, huh ?

May 12, 2006
Fort Collins
www.whichwich.com
This is why I don't consume or purchase products from companies that test on animals. There are plenty out there that don't and its easy enough to avoid the ones that do test.

I'll leave you with this:

[video=youtube;ItM2ptst4u8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItM2ptst4u8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="Enthroll, post: 5721292]

Something to think about, huh ?[/QUOTE]

Sort of. Its not the whole thing so I only sorta applies.

Now, I hope that I don't come across as an animal abuser because I am not sympathetic towards the animals. I love my dogs, and they are good companions to me.

I prefer to look at the positive of the video, those dogs are now going to live the good life, and they will adapt very quickly to being out of their cages.