WELCOME TO THE NEW PSU FORUMS

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Can we also have a moment of silence for the "death" of the much loved :snicker emoticon? It will be missed.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
We're on the brand new Xenforo. I understand the Tapatalk plugin should work approximately one month after this latest release, which should be around the end of this month. We'll keep an eye on it, but sounds like we would need to install it @Christopher

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The main forum index page looks very nice. Nice new additions on the right side and also little things here and there reminiscent of other sites like Twitter and Facebook.

I'm assuming the bbcode to embed videos and images have changed too?

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I'm assuming the bbcode to embed videos and images have changed too?
You don't need to use BBCode for most video links. You just paste the entire url and XenForo makes it an embedded video automatically. I've tested this with YouTube, Vimeo, and Dailymotion and just posting the regular url works perfectly.

It works with images, too. No BBCode necessary. ;)

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Could you increase the avatar size in posts to how it looks in places like quick reply and user profile (192x192 or 200)?

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Guys, seriously, the forums look badass. I am already forgetting how it looked with vBulletin before.
That's because we're all trying to quickly purge that nightmare from our minds. o_O

Could you increase the avatar size in posts to how it looks in places like quick reply and user profile (192x192 or 200)?
I think it requires some fudging with the user style code from what I'm reading online, but yes ... we definitely need bigger avatars.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I noticed if you return to a thread where you didn't submit a post, the quick reply section for that thread saves what you typed, even if you log back in after logging out.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I noticed if you return to a thread where you didn't submit a post, the quick reply section for that thread saves what you typed, even if you log back in after logging out.
Yes, XenForo has a save draft feature that saves posts from anywhere you made a post, even if you didn't finish what you were typing. It auto-saves every few moments so you can simply go back to that thread later and finish it.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Yes, XenForo has a save draft feature that saves posts from anywhere you made a post, even if you didn't finish what you were typing. It auto-saves every few moments so you can simply go back to that thread later and finish it.
That is a nice feature. I remember there were complaints about losing what you typed after a certain amount of time passed, or if you were the unfortunate victim of the captcha security feature which left you hanging on a blank white page.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
Can we also have a moment of silence for the "death" of the much loved :snicker emoticon? It will be missed.
no point without it quite frankly. I was going to say it would kill the counting and ban threads, but looks like that has already happened.

That might be the first time I've ever experienced doing a major forum change and getting positive feedback. :)
Bloody hell thought you were long done with this place ?!

I had no idea this was happening, just happened to try and sign in today as back home for xmas and got some time to kill.

In all seriousness, looks like a decent effort. Few questions, can I change default view when I hit the forums tab can I get so I can see the subsections, and not just new posts. Can't see it in preferences to default to that view.

also is the subscriber section still and thing, and has this upgrade just finally caught up with the big that allowed me to remain a sub for about 6 years after my last payment.

In the forum list view - there's that awful blue banner asking for people to register - kind of a pain when you already have, anyway to get that to disapear when you are signed in - it takes an awful lot of screen real estate up.

where's my pink name !

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
no point without it quite frankly. I was going to say it would kill the counting and ban threads, but looks like that has already happened.
Just saw the damage myself. We could call it "The Lost Legacy" of epic forum game posts.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Where's that. Or do you mean its an option for the admins to select.

also is there multi- quote option. Was a bit of a pain to have to scroll back up every time I wanted to respond to something.
On the bottom left there's a style selector. Dunno if it's there for regular members.

StevenW

General Manager
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Hmm, yeah, I've just changed it to white with an option at the bottom of the screen. Either way, this isn't the set colors right now. Just what we got when we did the import, the standard template. Chris will look into amending it.