WELCOME TO THE NEW PSU FORUMS

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
also is there multi- quote option. Was a bit of a pain to have to scroll back up every time I wanted to respond to something.
The quoting function works a lot better than in VB, if you want to multi-quote someone, just click the "reply" button and it will be added to your post.

You can quote someone after you've already written a bunch of your post
Na I can toggle width but nothing else bottom left.
no point without it quite frankly. I was going to say it would kill the counting and ban threads, but looks like that has already happened.

Bloody hell thought you were long done with this place ?!

I had no idea this was happening, just happened to try and sign in today as back home for xmas and got some time to kill.

In all seriousness, looks like a decent effort. Few questions, can I change default view when I hit the forums tab can I get so I can see the subsections, and not just new posts. Can't see it in preferences to default to that view.

also is the subscriber section still and thing, and has this upgrade just finally caught up with the big that allowed me to remain a sub for about 6 years after my last payment.

In the forum list view - there's that awful blue banner asking for people to register - kind of a pain when you already have, anyway to get that to disapear when you are signed in - it takes an awful lot of screen real estate up.

where's my pink name !

Whenever you hit "reply", the post will be dropped where your text cursor is in the post.

Last edited:

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
There is still a lot of work to do here, obviously. Sucks about the game threads, but at this point I'm afraid they are just gone. We would have to try and reimport the entire forum from VB again to try and retrieve them. Considering the first import bombed....badly....and we were pretty much out of commission for three days, I don't think we want to risk that again.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
There is still a lot of work to do here, obviously. Sucks about the game threads, but at this point I'm afraid they are just gone. We would have to try and reimport the entire forum from VB again to try and retrieve them. Considering the first import bombed....badly....and we were pretty much out of commission for three days, I don't think we want to risk that again.
So that explains it then. Thanks for the update. I'll take awhile for me to get used to the layout and what not.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Oh, I see. The threads have all been migrated but only up to the first 200 posts for each one.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
Can we move away from the dark theme? It really hurts the eyes. If you wanna keep the gray, at-least make the threads/post white or something.
Where's that. Or do you mean its an option for the admins to select.

also is there multi- quote option. Was a bit of a pain to have to scroll back up every time I wanted to respond to something.
I was able to change theme by clicking my name at the top of the page, then select "preferences". It should be the first choice on that page, I think.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Can we move away from the dark theme? It really hurts the eyes. If you wanna keep the gray, at-least make the threads/post white or something.
Hurts the eyes? Man I really like this dark theme.

Just tested the white theme and I think it makes the forum look cheap.

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
The default (light) style should be available to choose at the bottom left of the page. Let me know if you do not have the option. Likely a permissions issue that needs to be corrected.

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Hurts the eyes? Man I really like this dark theme.

Just tested the white theme and I think it makes the forum look cheap.
I prefer the dark theme on my giant TV. The light theme just seems more pleasant on my laptop. The dark is slick though.

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
I actually changed to the white theme myself. The dark theme's a bless to the eyes - agreed. But at the same time I feel that it kind of ruins it a bit as well. Not sure how to describe. Usually I'm moreso a fan of dark themes and change to those instantly. I guess it just needs tweaking before it'll be a fully enjoyable dark theme?

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Well these are the default light and dark themes, so there really hasn't been any customization. I'm sure it'll get nicer over time.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
The default theme is the dark theme, isn't it? I agree, it looks good and makes for comfortable reading.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
The default theme is the dark theme, isn't it? I agree, it looks good and makes for comfortable reading.
Default is the light theme but everyone has the dark theme enabled by default. I know, it makes no sense.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
I switched to the white one too. I’d like to try a true black one to see how it looks on an OLED display but it’s just curiosity. I’ve always preferred lighter themes.

This mobile forum is fantastic though. One of the best I’ve used. ?

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
Wow so much happened since I was gone! :oops:
Anyway so glad to see.. umm the forum back?:rolleyes:
But why the black layout ;>__> .. couldn’t it be pinky or yellow at least? Y’know to give people positive energy and encourage them to post ^_^; colors as you all know have effects depending on their .. colors. :p