What are your top 3 platinum trophies?

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
Out of all your platinum trophies. What do you consider to be your favorite 3? As in most rewarding, or the most fun you had obtaining said platinum.

So here are mine -

1. Final Fantasy XIII - Not terribly hard, but it had it's moments. I loved the game and it took me 95 hours to get the platinum. So it was both enjoyable and time consuming.

2. God of War III - Just downright one of the best games this generation on the Ps3.

3. Uncharted 2 - What can you say about this game? Even if you're not into trophies, this game deserves to be played enough to obtain the platinum by default.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
Fallout 3
Uncharted: DF
Uncharted 2: AT

Enjoyed getting them for all 3 games.

Resident Evil 5 and Killzone 2 a close 4th n 5th.

Hitman_T92

TWISTED METAL
Sep 1, 2008
Hangar 18
in total i got 6 plats 2 on new account
and 4 on old
1st. killzone 2 EPIC GAME took alot of time (old account :()
2nd. uncharted 2 epic took a while because i dont like collecting treasures
3rd. resident evil 5 took alot of time but enjoyed it alot (old account)

Last edited by a moderator:

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
Only have 2 platinums at the moment, the LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2 plats. Thoroughly enjoyed earning both because they are great fun games. Always wanted the Warhawk plat but that seems almost impossible.

VintageElise

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
Oct 30, 2007
Super place called Wales.
[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 5133592]Only have 2 platinums at the moment, the LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted 2 plats. Thoroughly enjoyed earning both because they are great fun games. Always wanted the Warhawk plat but that seems almost impossible.[/QUOTE]

People who play that everyday still don't have the Plat. It's one of the hardest, I'm sure.

Jan 5, 2008
Scotland
www.youtube.com
1. GTA4 plat- was easyish but time consuming....had lots of laffs playing that to death....and its quite a rare one
2. Killzone 2- loved the single player side of game ...radec was well hard to beat on vetran ..didnt enjoy online too much but played a lot to get trophies.
3. Madagasgar Kartz - Was really easy but i enjoyed it as i played it with my son...he got some of the trophies and helped with the muktiplayer ones

taetertot

Apprentice
Jan 5, 2010
Demon's Souls because it has a rep as being hard
Alone in the Dark Inferno, becaused I hit a bs glitch after clearing Central Park and so had to play the game twice. You read taht right, I played AitDInf twice.
Infamous, because that's my only other one other than MUA2 which is a little bit embarrassing

I should do Uncharted. Just have Crushing left to go. But there are a couple of levels I dread. The fight after you find the plane wreckage up in the tree; I could see where that one would make me age on Crushing. That one where the cigar guy helps you but you're still probably going to die, in that huge fountain area, that one scares me. Another one is a huge fight indoors in a circular room right after you come down some stairs, that one was hard on normal. I'm not a fan of the jetskis either.

Jul 13, 2007
hmmm lets see...

Top 3 as in the most fun:

Uncharted 2
GOW 3
Dead Space

Honorable Mention: Infamous, Bioshock

Top 3 by difficulty:

Mirrors Edge
Killzone 2 (just Radec on elite actually)
Call of Duty: WaW

Honorable Mention: Prototype, UT3, DW:Gundam

Nakatomi Uk

Master Poster
Feb 4, 2008
Uk
Probably

HawX
Mercenaries 2 (as the game is bugged to hell)
MW2 - Hated Special Ops at certain points, Vetern S.P mode was easier than MW1.

J

jakster123x

[QUOTE="smiggy, post: 5133620]KZ2
WipEoutHD
Uncharted

I only have 4 so picking 3 was quite easy :lol:[/QUOTE]

Firstly:

Wow, you have the WipEout HD Plat? :0

[QUOTE="jc1526, post: 5133795]hmmm lets see...

Top 3 as in the most fun:

Uncharted 2
GOW 3
Dead Space

Honorable Mention: Infamous, Bioshock

Top 3 by difficulty:

Mirrors Edge
Killzone 2 (just Radec on elite actually)
Call of Duty: WaW

Honorable Mention: Prototype, UT3, DW:Gundam[/QUOTE]

Wow, you have the ME Plat? :0

Uncharted 2
GoW3
LBP

Uncharted 2 is just an awesome game and was really fun to play and plat.

GoW is an epic game but god there was one bit (Cerberus, i'm looking at you) that was uber hard on Titan.

LBP. This started off fun, but getting those aces was a pain. I'm happy i didn't have to make H4H levels, too.

FatesServant

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2006
Well I've got four, so let's see here..
1. Final Fantasy XIII: So happy I got it. Took me 90+ hours. Way too freaking long, especially when trophy hunting took about 40 of those hours, if not more.
2. Uncharted 2: Amazing game. It was fun going through it the four or so times needed.
3. Uncharted: Once again, amazing game. It was also a blast.

Only reason Infamous isn't on there is that, because while the game was fun, the platinum was very easy to get (only the stunts made it challenging really). FFXIII made me hate the game, so getting that platinum was a breath of fresh air. As for the Uncharteds, they beat out Infamous because I actually had to go online to help me figure out how to get certain treasures that were hidden around. Funny fact though, I never got all of the treasures in Uncharted 2. Since the hidden idol or whatever counts as one, I have 100, instead of the actual 101 (least, I was told that was the actual case, though I could be wrong).
-FatesServant

theaface

Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2009
Demon's Souls: One of the most time-consuming and challenging, but ultimately fun and very rewarding.

Modern Warfare 2:
Also a really rewarding experience managing to complete all the Spec Op missions with a friend.

Batman Arkham Asylum:
Really enjoyable list of trophies, with a good blend of collecting tasks, combat, challenge, etc. Great feeling when you finally master the combat mechanics.

Makinen

High on WRC
Jul 22, 2007
Toronto
GOW3 (for obvious reasons)
GOW I & II (gonna count them as one since they both came on one disc)
Split Second (an amazing game IMO... loved every minute of it)

Jun 9, 2006
Tbilisi, Georgia
Final Fantasy XIII: Mainly because it took so long and was fun doing it! Took me 120+ hrs as I went the Treasure hunt route of not selling anything.

Batman Arkham Asylum: Combat challenges! And the game was epic!

God of War 3: Epic from start to finish. Was going to play it repeatedly anyway so was fun for me!

Other mentions:

Infamous: Looking for blast shards. I only used a map after I found about 340 of them so it was a hard trying to deduce where I should go next.

GOW 1 & 2: Beat them on PS2 so beating them again with trophies even better. I have about 9 plats in total.

Demon2005

Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
Final Fantasy 13 - took 115 hrs and I will remember that one for a long time.

inFamous - my first platinum, took a while to get all the shards, but memorable none the less.

X-men Origins - a fun platinum to get, not too many things to collect and lots of enemies to kill

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE=".RAID3N., post: 5165206]Most Proud of: Demon's Souls
Most Fun to Get: Fallout 3
Biggest Relief to be done with: Midnight Club: LA[/QUOTE]

Awesome and congrats. I've been thinking about going for the DS platinum for awhile now. How long did it take you to get it?

Vanquish23

Superior Member
May 7, 2008
Empire City
My favorite platinum was Uncharted 2, though LBP was a close second. Loved the challenge of acing every level without dying once.
My least favorite platinum was inFamous. I hated collecting those shards!!! akin to finding a needle in a haystack, except it's a glowing shard amidst a huge sprawling urban city.
My most impressive platinum... well... none of my 7 platinums are truly that impressive... I think the FFXIII platinum will be impressive and I might just get around to it. At my current rate, it'll probably come in summer of 2011 haha