What do ya'll think bluepoint games is working?

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Hey, everyone, I would like your opinions on what you think bluepoint games is working on? ( sorry if this was already discussed.) Anyways, it's been confirmed that the next title will on the playstation 5. If I was on computer, I would post the teaser tweet they uploaded. Anyways, in the tweet, they mentioned "Dart" and "black monsters" which is the main character and another thing in the game. My question is do you believe that it's likely to be it or do you think it's something else?

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I think it's either a Demon Souls or Legend of Dragoon remake

Castlevania,Metal Gear and Syphon Filter was also rumored

Demon's Souls would be easy to remaster so I thought that would of been highly likely but we have so many remasters of games like that such as Dark Souls etc and Sekiro came out this year.

The hints also point to a Legend Of Dragoon remaster which I wish for so long. Lots of people didn't get the chance to play it.
Sony hasn't been making JRPGs in years but there is hope from the hints that it is a Legend of Dragoon remaster. Im interested how they'll do it completely change the graphics or do it in a way like the FF8 remaster or how Shadow of Colossus that Bluepoint Remastered.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I think it's either a Demon Souls or Legend of Dragoon remake

Castlevania,Metal Gear and Syphon Filter was also rumored

Demon's Souls would be easy to remaster so I thought that would of been highly likely but we have so many remasters of games like that such as Dark Souls etc and Sekiro came out this year.

The hints also point to a Legend Of Dragoon remaster which I wish for so long. Lots of people didn't get the chance to play it.
Sony hasn't been making JRPGs in years but there is hope from the hints that it is a Legend of Dragoon remaster. Im interested how they'll do it completely change the graphics or do it in a way like the FF8 remaster or how Shadow of Colossus that Bluepoint Remastered.
See, that's what I was thinking also. I thought that there was so many soul like games recently that it would be overkill honestly. Also, I think that a ps3 game wouldn't justify a remake in comparison to something older like The Legend Of The Dragoon and MGS. Plus, I read when a fan asked Peter Daltonn ,"Do you like Legend Of The Dragoon" and he was like. " I love Legend Of The Dragoon.Perhaps it should be a project? " it makes me wonder if he was referencing the project or just speaking to possibilities.It does give me hope though because the tweet said, " a symphony of rumours not one, but two" so it doubles the chance. I have confidence in their work, but I hope that I'm not getting hyped for no reason. I don't know if you saw it, but a petition launched after the tweets. It got 10k almost instantly, and they even made a video with a LOD styled voiceover

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
See, that's what I was thinking also. I thought that there was so many soul like games recently that it would be overkill honestly. Also, I think that a ps3 game wouldn't justify a remake in comparison to something older like The Legend Of The Dragoon and MGS. Plus, I read when a fan asked Peter Daltonn ,"Do you like Legend Of The Dragoon" and he was like. " I love Legend Of The Dragoon.Perhaps it should be a project? " it makes me wonder if he was referencing the project or just speaking to possibilities.It does give me hope though because the tweet said, " a symphony of rumours not one, but two" so it doubles the chance. I have confidence in their work, but I hope that I'm not getting hyped for no reason. I don't know if you saw it, but a petition launched after the tweets. It got 10k almost instantly, and they even made a video with a LOD styled voiceover

Yeah I remember in PS3 days that doing remasters of PS2 games was cool but Ps3 to PS4 remaster it's kind of overkill. Yeah but knowing how popular Demon Souls is it would be hard not to do one. Yeah im the same I totally know how you feel I want hope they want to do a Legend Of Dragoon game and I listened to the OST which I like even though the one of the composers passed away over 10 years ago. Lot of those voice actors voice Legend of Dragoon back then I can't imagine they'll be doing voice work now so I can imagine them re-dubbing it. Yeah Bluepoint expressed that this will be the project that they have most proud of and they also have a great working relationship with Sony's Japan Studio. So this might give me hope. Sony are least aware that there is high demand for Legend Of Dragoon.

But yeah knowing Sony they haven't done a console JPRG in years.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Yeah I remember in PS3 days that doing remasters of PS2 games was cool but Ps3 to PS4 remaster it's kind of overkill. Yeah but knowing how popular Demon Souls is it would be hard not to do one. Yeah im the same I totally know how you feel I want hope they want to do a Legend Of Dragoon game and I listened to the OST which I like even though the one of the composers passed away over 10 years ago. Lot of those voice actors voice Legend of Dragoon back then I can't imagine they'll be doing voice work now so I can imagine them re-dubbing it. Yeah Bluepoint expressed that this will be the project that they have most proud of and they also have a great working relationship with Sony's Japan Studio. So this might give me hope. Sony are least aware that there is high demand for Legend Of Dragoon.

But yeah knowing Sony they haven't done a console JPRG in years.
Edit They just posted this. "That no sleep tonight " and "creatures stirred for announce." It seems like an announcing is coming in my opinion. They already dropped two teaser tweets since Halloween.

"Twas the night before, excitement mounts In stealthily wrapped boxes creatures stirred for announce Hope for adventure and victory spread Visions of heroes enhanced in their heads We sprang forth to play, exclaimed at the sight Happy gaming to all, there'll be no sleep tonight!

Agreed. They should have this awareness of the demand by now. It's amazing tgat we're going through a flashback period in everything. I watched old movies, games. and technology in general. It should be apparent that LOD has one of the best fanbases considering that they actually took the time to do a LOD voiceover to perfection. I'm glad that you brought up the fact that they expressed that this would be the project that they are most proud of. A ps3 game doesn't seem like it would warrant that. They have done ico/shadow of the colossus collection, sotc remake, metal gear collection, and other stuff. It would seem like a ps1 game would take the most work to redo and that in my opinion would give a developer a good reason to be proud.

Last edited:

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Edit They just posted this. "That no sleep tonight " and "creatures stirred for announce." It seems like an announcing is coming in my opinion. They already dropped two teaser tweets since Halloween.

"Twas the night before, excitement mounts In stealthily wrapped boxes creatures stirred for announce Hope for adventure and victory spread Visions of heroes enhanced in their heads We sprang forth to play, exclaimed at the sight Happy gaming to all, there'll be no sleep tonight!

Agreed. They should have this awareness of the demand by now. It's amazing tgat we're going through a flashback period in everything. I watched old movies, games. and technology in general. It should be apparent that LOD has one of the best fanbases considering that they actually took the time to do a LOD voiceover to perfection. I'm glad that you brought up the fact that they expressed that this would be the project that they are most proud of. A ps3 game doesn't seem like it would warrant that. They have done ico/shadow of the colossus collection, sotc remake, metal gear collection, and other stuff. It would seem like a ps1 game would take the most work to redo and that in my opinion would give a developer a good reason to be proud.
Yeah and one with a voice cast which FF games didn't have until FFX. Yeah I just hope this is the Legend of Dragoon project is true and my worry is Sony is becoming more Americanized too with the console market changing. They done a great job on Shadow Of Colossus but I know one thing for sure Bluepoint is definitely working on a PS5 Project and a Sony IP is very highly likely. The nostalgia from todays world I feel like it's one generation ago but we all want older things being remade. With Resident Evil,FF7,Spyro and Crash being remade this and the recent articles as well as tweets might give us hope.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
I need to get off of twitter because I refreshing their page waiting for that announcement. It's not healthy 😂 I just keep racking my brain because they said, "Twas the night before." They didn't specify Christmas, and they did mention an announcement reference in the next line.It seems like they mean twas the night before the announcement and us, the creatures, stirred for it. This sucks because I haven't been this hyped in a long time.😫

@Shingo I kinda agree but don't at the same time. I wish they would expand their team and have two departments. Original ips and remakes.I know that constantly remaking stuff stifles creativity, but there's so many companies working on original ips to be fair.Plus There's just something about seeing a classic come back to life.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah I feel like we'll find out early next year. Yeah they totally need to do something with Legend of Dragoon plus back in PS3 time I don't know why they didn't put it on EU PSN.
I totally know the feeling and im super hyped trying to find more info on the new Kiseki title.
@Shingo and @Silvy
Yeah there was a rumor that they were going to have split some of their team or that they were working on 2 projects. Yeah I'll be happy if they do a Legend Of Dragoon project and then maybe they can do something original. Wasn't their a rumor they were working on Demon Souls and Legend of Dragoon according to hints.