What do you expect to see from R3?

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
As we all know R3 comes out sept.6. Anyway, what do expect to see from it, and why? It could be anything.

Also, could any of your expectaions be the reason why consumers want R3 more then the other shooters out there?

What i expect is a kickass, unique campaign mode, so it wont be like playing "Just another shooting game". It should be different because, Resistance 3 will have the weapon wheel. Also it has all those unique weapons.

Please use the edit option if you need to add anything. -Ixion

Last edited by a moderator:

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I'm expecting a solid shooter experience from Resistance 3 with a great story picking up where the last game left off. From everything we've seen on R3, this game is going to deliver.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
To me, it's always been about it's universe. Insomniac games created something that I'm addicted to, something that I love investigating. There are still so many questions left unanswered, like: The floating objects seen at the end of Resistance 2; The Pure chimeras; Their main goal; The race that defeated the chimera millions of years ago. Then I want to know what will be the final outcome of the human race?, how will Capelli stop the chimera?. I'm expecting to see answers and even more questions that will leave me thinking again.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I expect to see one of the PS3s coolest IPs in 3D, with a beautiful art style. Also, crazy and cool weapons, well thought out story, mood inspired color themes, interesting enemy AI, an interesting MP experience and me killing chimera with my Sharpshooter.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
@Fon I have been wanting to know the answers to those questions ever since i started playing the series. I think that most of those questions will be answered but some might be left unanswered.

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
I expect Resistance 1 multiplayer remake with split screen online.
Resistance 1 was my first online console shooter, and so far it is still one of the best. R2 competitive seemed like a step backwards, specially because the guns were so inaccurate.
If the accuracy has to go down, the health has to go down as well just like how Killzone 2 did it.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5639962]To me, it's always been about it's universe. Insomniac games created something that I'm addicted to, something that I love investigating. There are still so many questions left unanswered, like: The floating objects seen at the end of Resistance 2; The Pure chimeras; Their main goal; The race that defeated the chimera millions of years ago. Then I want to know what will be the final outcome of the human race?, how will Capelli stop the chimera?. I'm expecting to see answers and even more questions that will leave me thinking again.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. The story and universe is what interests me the most about Resistance. From what I understand, R3 isn't the last Resistance game, so I don't expect everything to be answered, but I hope R3 continues the story as well as R2 did.

I never really cared for Resistance's multiplayer actually, so I'm just concerned with the campaign. I'm hoping for even more atmosphere, suspense, and epic set pieces.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
I expect more gore and improved versions of the guns we already have + new guns (a really fat energyweapon like dooms BFG would be cool).

I also expect capelli to die in the end - its a R series tradition ;)

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
like all insomniac games, good fun weapons which is the thing they have. also there's a health bar and no regen, also the weapon wheel is back which will make it arcadey, and finally a sweet atmosphere which i even loved in R2 and everyone seemed to bitch about which i think was crazy

theJZA

Superior Member
Nov 29, 2007
Orlando, FL
I expect a title from Insomniac, that's it. I'm nuts about this franchise, but "expecting" something will either impress me, or disappoint me. I'm not about to get my hopes high, so I'll just enjoy whatever comes out.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5640003]I expect more gore and improved versions of the guns we already have + new guns (a really fat energyweapon like dooms BFG would be cool).I also expect capelli to die in the end - its a R series tradition ;)[/QUOTE]I knid of expect that too. But, i dont want to see it because, if there was a R4 who would be the main character? Also, i expect R3's multyplayer to be at least better than R2's multyplayer.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
To be honest i don't expect capelli to safe the day singlehandedly.
It was stated multiple times that "The chimera have won" and that humanity is on the brink of annihilation.
I can't wait to see how he's supposted to take a whole species out, maybe there is a new overlord that he could kill or it has something to do with this "other race" that defeated the chimeras thousands of years ago....

What ever it may be ive always liked the R universe so its gonna be a blast!

Regarding MP:
Ive checked the trophies for R3 and there are almost no MP trophies at all (just 2 for MP coop).
This has me alittle worried because i don't know if ill play MP alot if there are no trophies to be earned.
Its a vicious circle, on one hand i despise online trophies, on the other i just don't play MP if i don't "have to"...... maybe ill reconsinder once i got a chance to try it out (didn't play the beta).

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5640067]To be honest i don't expect capelli to safe the day singlehandedly.
It was stated multiple times that "The chimera have won" and that humanity is on the brink of annihilation.
I can't wait to see how he's supposted to take a whole species out, maybe there is a new overlord that he could kill or it has something to do with this "other race" that defeated the chimeras thousands of years ago....

What ever it may be ive always liked the R universe so its gonna be a blast!

Regarding MP:
Ive checked the trophies for R3 and there are almost no MP trophies at all (just 2 for MP coop).
This has me alittle worried because i don't know if ill play MP alot if there are no trophies to be earned.
Its a vicious circle, on one hand i despise online trophies, on the other i just don't play MP if i don't "have to"...... maybe ill reconsinder once i got a chance to try it out (didn't play the beta).[/QUOTE] Two trophies? Thats lame, how do they expect people to play R3 multyplayerwith only 2 trophies. Also, wasnt their supposed to be a huge source of energy somewhere in New York?, maybe if Capeli destroys that energy source then a good chunk of the chimera die. But i cant imagine them all dying.

Last edited:

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 5640067]
Regarding MP:
This has me alittle worried because i don't know if ill play MP alot if there are no trophies to be earned.[/QUOTE]

Wow... really?
You won't play something if there are no trophies ? What if you enjoyed it... I don't understand the hype this generation surrounding gamer score/ trophies. Play a game because you enjoy it not because it gives you a reward.

i've never really 'got' the Resistance games. I own both of them so i might as well buy this one but i'll buy it when it drops in price because i know i'll feel ripped off if i buy it for full whack.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5640073]Wow... really?
You won't play something if there are no trophies ? What if you enjoyed it... I don't understand the hype this generation surrounding gamer score/ trophies. Play a game because you enjoy it not because it gives you a reward.

i've never really 'got' the Resistance games. I own both of them so i might as well buy this one but i'll buy it when it drops in price because i know i'll feel ripped off if i buy it for full whack.[/QUOTE]
Like it or not but it keeps people playing... in my experience once you've earned platinum you just "move on to the next".
COD is a big exception, all MW2 trophies were offline (not sure about other cods), but the people played MP for fun.
I just don't know if R3's MP will be good enough "on its own" to keep people playing.

We'll have to wait and see.

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Sorry if i came across as if i had a problem with you playing for trophies. I don't and i understand some people really like them. I just don't get some people (not you just speaking in general) that won't play an old game if it doesn't have trophies.

I think it's better to have little to no online trophies because some people can't play online so it would be unfair on them if they wanted to get a few Platinums

ddPLaNeT

Forum Elder
Apr 7, 2008
Montreal
I expect a kick ass game like the other two Resistance games. I also expect the story to be very dark and expect the humain race to lose the fight against the Chimera.

I just finished Resistance 2 this weekend, i'm totally ready for R3 !!! it's gonna be one sweet crazy ride !

Can't wait !

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
@ BBK
No problem man, its better to get the trophies "out of the way" and just have fun in MP.

Crysis 2 is one of the worst examples in recent memory, some "skill kills" just need incredible luck / or boostpartners.
While the "honest gamer" bites his ass because he can't pull something off - the booster is already playing the next game.

It was a good decision by insomniac, i hope the online community will appreciate it.

Last edited:

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I'm playing R&C:ACiT and I was reminded of this...

[video=youtube;op9HKsYI5gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op9HKsYI5gg[/video]

Fuck yeahhhhh!

S

Soldier 95B

I am not expecting much to be honest, going by my experience playing R1, R2 and the R3 beta. I bought the first 2, but I am going to rent this one. The MP of R3 is pretty bad, though I still haven't seen the "blur" that the others have seen. But their campaign is the reason for the rent. It's a shooter and I am a huge shooter fan.

TOM2x

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2007
I would expect another great title in the series! I loved the other 2 games and I definitely am looking forward to playing the new one. I played the MP beta and I think it's pretty good, needs some work, but it's shaping up. I usually play these games for the single player anyway. For the SP, it looks great to me. Much better than the MP IMO. Well, as I stated before, I expect another solid enjoyable campaign as Insomniac hasn't failed me before.