What do you F.E.A.R? Black cats? Better avoid London on Friday the 13th!

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk

This Friday the thirteenth a kendle of black cats will descend on London to advertise F.E.A.R. 2... really.

The trained black cats, commissioned by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will be decked out in F.E.A.R. 2 cat clothing and walking around London to advertise the game.

The catvertising campaign, sure to illicit at least one PETA protest, comes at a time when U.K. superstitions are at an all time high, according to recent research.

One in five brits are more likely to follow superstitions these days thanks to the looming economic crisis and their fear of risking bad luck.

"Every day people are bombarded with so many advertising messages that it can be easy to miss them," said Charlene Allen, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment spokeswoman. "With our research telling us that Brits are actively looking out for signs of bad luck this Friday, it makes perfect sense to try and capture their attention that way."

If you're into the game, or just want a free set of F.E.A.R. 2 pajamas for your cat you can actually request some from Warner Bros. by calling 020 7841 6668. Unfortunately, that's limited to the U.K.... for now.
http://kotaku.com/5151278/black-cats-set-to-advertise-fear-2

I love this kind of stuff, it's original, creative and just brilliant!

UPDATE:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIA2Y8xu_KY"]YouTube - F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin black cat-vertising[/ame]

XD

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2006
this may either be genius or a total fail. genius because people will definitely notice the ads, Fail because people will associate F.E.A.R. to be an omen of bad luck (buy fear => play it all day and stop working= lose job and suffer forever:))

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 0]I have a black cat, I want one of those things to put on him now :lol:[/quote]
Call them!!

If you're into the game, or just want a free set of F.E.A.R. 2 pajamas for your cat you can actually request some from Warner Bros. by calling 020 7841 6668.
Seriously, do it!

K

karbineftw

Haha that's pretty awesome. Don't like cats at all. Waste of organs! Dogs for the win
I own neither though.

Nov 29, 2008
Haha, I'd like one of the pajama sets, but I'd worry about what state my hands would be in after trying to dress my kitty!

I'll look out for them when I'm out on Friday.

Gaddes

Super Elite
Sep 2, 2008
Myrtle Beach S.C
www.facebook.com
The trained black cats, commissioned by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will be decked out in F.E.A.R. 2 cat clothing
Pretty cleaver marketing if I do say so myself. P.S I want the clothes for my cats as well.

At first I though they where talking about those Alien Big Cat's the UK see's all the time. I watch to many shows on Crytids. :p

Jrod

Super Elite
Oct 29, 2008
I read this on another blog and thought it was amazing! I'm not one to believe in all that superstitions mumbo jumbo but it's some brilliant marketing. And those furry guys are cute as hell-I've always loved black cats.

-Deadpool-

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 7, 2007
8) That's an awesome idea.

Wondered why this one was getting the 'official' release date as Friday 13th instead of the usual Thursday drop - guess the marketing campaign explains it :D

Great game too.

TTPS3

Dedicated Member
Feb 3, 2009
LOL ... i wouldn't like to be the person to put it on the cats! great idea and should generate the right sort of interest

F

Flamer

I think this will be a good idea. This kind of strategy is very good as it promotes the game well. Hopefully it'll work out. I'm not too fond of F.E.A.R so I don't know what it's all about, but good luck to them.. 8)

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
Whereabouts? I hope that they aren't at Kings Cross or Victoria because I'm on the tube between there and I'll **** myself if I see one at those locations :D

Remember, remember the 5th of Nov.. Wait, no, that's something else! Remember that there's a swearfiler. Please let it do it's job. ~carocat

Wrath

Master Guru
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
[QUOTE="SpyroViper, post: 0]

Remember, remember the 5th of Nov.. Wait, no, that's something else! Remember that there's a swearfiler. Please let it do it's job. ~carocat [/quote]

That's got to be one of the best mod interferences ever! :mrgreen:

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
[QUOTE="carocat, post: 0]It's all good, **** happens. [Rubbish pun intended!]

;)[/quote]

I lol'd. Thanks for not giving me an infraction :)

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
Umm, I can't find any info on whether they will be on a leash? Apparently they are jsut going to let them wonder the streets by themselves!

Isn't that animal cruelty? Letting a cat walk busy streets, having to avoid thosands of people, cars, re*arded chavs etc.. this sounds like a bad idea.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Sony should take note and do this for Killzone 2, its out in 2 weeks and still nothing.

great idea for f.e.a.r 2 though!

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
[QUOTE="kopkiwi, post: 0]Very original.

Should **** off a few animal protesters though.[/quote]

Well I'm a supporter of WSPA so I'm not happy at all. I thought they were going to be on leashes..

Would you let your puppy out on the streets of London? If any of these cats get hit by cars etc Warner are going to get sued up the ar**.

carocat

Community Manager
May 25, 2006
carocat.co.uk
[QUOTE="SpyroViper, post: 0]Umm, I can't find any info on whether they will be on a leash? Apparently they are jsut going to let them wonder the streets by themselves!

Isn't that animal cruelty? Letting a cat walk busy streets, having to avoid thosands of people, cars, re*arded chavs etc.. this sounds like a bad idea.[/quote]
They're on a leash in the pics?

So, folks, anyone seen any? If so, I demand you take pics!!

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
[QUOTE="carocat, post: 0]They're on a leash in the pics?

So, folks, anyone seen any? If so, I demand you take pics!![/quote]

Well I'm in Central London now (at work) so at lunch time (when I go to grab Fear2 or Path of the Furon). So I'll take piccies of them if I see any.

http://www.mischiefpr.com/home/#/news/2009/02/11/black-cat-vertising/

dressed in little F.E.A.R 2 branded jackets and cat harnesses, will hit the streets of London with their trainers
They are going to be on leashes with their trainers. Good to here Warner are smart ;)

jamesclark1991

Superior Member
Jan 26, 2008
ok then, im bored lets have some fun...

if anyone snaps a pic of one (or more) of these cats ill give them +REP and 1000sp

REMEMBER only one winner. first come first serve...

any takers? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

SpyroViper

The Derailer
May 9, 2008
[QUOTE="jamesclark1991, post: 0]ok then, im bored lets have some fun...

if anyone snaps a pic of one (or more) of these cats ill give them +REP and 1000sp

REMEMBER only one winner. first come first serve...

any takers? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)[/quote]

I must take a pic.. I MUST TAKE A PIC! Surely there must be one around here, I'm right in the centre.