what do you think id better call of duty 4 or battlefield:bad company?

Mar 10, 2008
I think BF:BC could be better, but I'm not sure they'll pull it off. I've had a blast with the demo and think it could be great, but I highly doubt the campaign will match COD4s (although hopefully it will be longer). I also like the larger maps and some of the vehicles (I can't fly the helicopter at all). If the other maps are good I can definitley see BF:BC taking the top spot.

My opinion is also slightly biased since I played the hell outta COD4 and it has started to bore me (seriously, I put like 7 whole days of play time into that game). BF:BC could be the replacement I need for fps multiplayer. Until then I'll be playing MGO.

C

-CroatianMetalMan-

Battlefiled !! I love CoD4 but Battlefield looks more like a true war and all the chaos,explosions,vehicles,best sound I have ever heard in a game..........

wrenny

Apprentice
Dec 2, 2006
Too early to tell but you are gonna get lots of cod4 fanbois in here that will say COD without even playing BF BC.

S

Sockpuppet

After playing Battlefield I say Call of Duty. BF is just too clunky and awkward for my liking. The pacing is slower and it just doesn't feel as 'tight' as Call of Duty. I dare say though, there could be appeal for both. Call of Duty is more close quarters while Battlefield takes place in a larger scale and incorporates more with regard to vehicles so it's more a call of what you want to get into really.

B

BioSonic

Yes, warhawk is the best, but out of those two games I would say B:BC, it has destructible enviroments!

K

karbineftw

Judging on playing the beta and demo for BF:BC

Sounds: Battlefield
Graphics: Cod4
Campaign: Cod4 [BF:BC is too much cheese for my liking]
Maps for online: Battlefield

Me personally would get cod4 for sure, but thats me :D

Nov 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I like both game equally as much, but I consider myself a veteran on COD4 online. I had that game since day 1, and alot of things have changed. As with any new shooter, it was good and fair in the beginning, but now most people know how to glitch, and you find yourself dieing very frequently. But thats the way the game is and thats the way it has to be played. In COD4 even in team deathmatch, everyone runs around killing other people, and there is almost no teamwork involved. This is where BF comes into play. There are different squads which each have a role to play. Im not gonna go into detail, but with the classes there, its easy to help each other out. One guy can be the mechanic and medic. He can fix broken helis, tanks, jeeps, boats, and when you are low on health he can patch you up (unless you have the auto injector). Also, this is another major difference, Bf there are vehicles which you can drive/fly. Heli, tanks (heavy/light), jeeps, buggies. There is even an artillery position.

If you want:
Guns: COD4
Story: COD4/BFBC (depending on tastes)
Online gameplay action (fast paced): COD4
Online teamwork gamemodes: BFBC
Vehicles: BFBC
Graphics: COD4 (more realistic gun models and enviroment)

Also, Ive put on about 10days of playing time of COD4. Ive had the game since launch, it did not disappoint. Now matter how angry/frustrated I got with COD, I always came back to it. Now its hard for any game to match COD4 in terms of online play, and longevity. :gta: However Resistance 2 is around the corner, and many are saying that its bigger than Halo, and better than COD4. :snicker

mixpix72

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2008
i will say that i love cod 4 just the multiplayer alone is amazing. i know people get bored with it but i have a bunch of friends i play with so we just have alot of fun killing people. i guess you could call me a fan boy. but i atleast played the bf:bc demo i really liked the single player mode and played it twice. the thing that really turned me off was the online for a couple reasons.
1. im not big fan of team killing i know it makes it more realistic but you have people in this type of game killing team members so they can get on the artillery or something else. i say this because it happened alot when i played the demo.
2. maybe it is just me but i was laying into people with whatever assault rifle you get with the demo and they werent dying yes not all the bullets hit but i went through pretty much a whole clip and they werent dead. i guess i am used to cod4 with the more realistic bullet:death ratio.
3.laggy this may have been the reason for the bullets not killing people but i was on one side of the map and i jeep is coming from the other side then all of a sudden it is like 3/4 of the way to the objective.
this are just my opinions. that is the point of this thread right. so i will definitely rent this game. i really want to play the campaign and who knows maybe the online will be better with a full version only time will tell. one thing is true DICE and anyone else who puts out a FPS is going to have aquite a task competing with cod4 simply for the following they have.

L

Lymphatikz

I'm a straight up CoD4 fanboy. I admit it. But honnestly from what i played of BF:BC i didnt like it, the controlls felt clunky, you're dude didnt move right it's like he had one short leg and one massive one. i dont like the "Omg you're dead. Choose class. AGAIN" wtf is up with that ? and the most probable reason why i dont like BF is this.
I have no M16 with a Red dot. or I have no MP5/P90 with a silencer.
But as I said I'm a CoD4 fanboy so my oppinion is completly biased.

Feb 13, 2008
I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would say that Warhawk is better than CoD4. I mean to each his own and all but damn you've got to be kidding. Warhawk is sucha kiddie style game in comparison to CoD4. As far as battlefield I can't really comment outside of the demo which was average at best. I just can't see buying any other online shooter until SOCOM comes out because CoD4 is so amazing. I like more realisitic team based startegic shooters and outside of the SOCOM experience only Hardcore Search and Destroy on CoD4 has even come close. Just my two cents but Warhawk is a sugar coated piece of crap in my opinion.

B

Bansh88

Bad Company has such cheesy dialog, storyline and schtick. Fake weapons don't help either.
Destructable enviroments and vehicles are cool, but from the demo, it doesn't come close to COD4.

Nuvian

Master Sage
Feb 4, 2008
[QUOTE="dxb_352, post: 2994417]which game is better cod4 or bf:bc
:2gun:[/quote]
How can you even ask that? is the game even out yet?

May 22, 2007
I just got done playing my first stretch of BF BC. I gotta say Im not too impressed. I dont like COD4 style online play. More tactical games suit me better. I just dont see BF BC taking the cake. Mayb for a month... then most will b back on COD4 until Socom drops.

gameguru

Apprentice
Dec 22, 2006
I have been playing COD for the past few months, and I just got BC today. Here are my impressions:

COD4 is much of a more smooth experience. Graphics run at 60fps. I dunno what the framerate is on BC, but it seems more choppy and not as smooth (I would guess framerate to be around 30fps). There is also some screen tearing I noticed, and graphics do not look as sharp as they do on COD4. Controls on COD4 seem more responsive than BC.

COD4 online is a much faster pace. THere's bullets flying by everywhere and its almost impossible to escape death due to the smaller map sizes.

Also, it takes a pretty long time to kill someone in BC, as compared to COD. Another thing is that you see your enemies names as a red dot on the screen, even if they are on the other side of a wall so you know where they are at all times. So theres not really a way to sneak around your enemy to kill him because he most likely knows where you are too. I liked the aspect in COD4 where you dont really notice the enemy until you have your cursor on him and your cursor turns red and the name shows up.

I do like the vehicles and choppers in the BC. There's only one online mode right now. I wish they had a capture the flag or team deathmatch or something like domination where you capture zones, but supposedly there will be more game features added on in the future for free.

The first time I played COD4, my jaw dropped and I was instantly addicted. I didn't feel anything like this playing BC.
Maybe I need to spend more time playing, but right now, I say COD4 > BF:BC.

Sep 20, 2006
BF:BC without any doubt, if you play more online.

But I have to say that COD4 is a more complete game, with a very good single player mode, multiplayer split screen and many online modes.

But for mulitplayer experience Battlefield is king.
Battlefield is more tactical, its teamplay, while COD4 you play alone. You dont care about other, neither the others care about you.(just kill kill kill to get the best score and new medals) Thats the opposite in BF, where Teamplay is the key to win.
And personally I like to play in team. Thats the whole meaning of online gaming, don't you think?

MinerWilly

Superior Member
Jun 22, 2008
I also own both games and would say that Battlefield is better . I love COD4 and have spent many hours on it , but i prefer the huge maps of BF , a lot of cod4 fans say stuff like why only 1 mode but battlefield has always been this way , deathmatch just wouldnt work on these maps ( good as i hate it ) .
The teamwork is incredible in BF now that everyone is settling down and learning how to play it best.

Vip3r

Super Elite
Apr 22, 2007
I prefer COD4 only becuase BF:BC lags to hell and it's missing a whole load of features for both online and offline play.

May 20, 2008
I d/l the demo for BF and tbh i found it to cartoony and not realistic enough for a war game (i know it was a demo!), thats not to say its a bad game, but if you were to show someone COD4 and BF then they would say that COD4 looks more advanced and generally better (in my opinion).

PS. Im not a COD4 fanboy, i only really play my PS now and again (tho when i do play its normally 4 hours + lol).

basically if someone asked me to recommend a fps game i would say COD4 without hesitation.

Feb 13, 2008
[QUOTE="Little_Donkey, post: 0]BF:BC without any doubt, if you play more online.

But I have to say that COD4 is a more complete game, with a very good single player mode, multiplayer split screen and many online modes.

But for mulitplayer experience Battlefield is king.
Battlefield is more tactical, its teamplay, while COD4 you play alone. You dont care about other, neither the others care about you.(just kill kill kill to get the best score and new medals) Thats the opposite in BF, where Teamplay is the key to win.
And personally I like to play in team. Thats the whole meaning of online gaming, don't you think?[/quote]

You sir, are either playing the wrong game mode or with the wrong people. CoD4 is very team based in certain modes and if your opponenet is worth anything, teamwork/communication are extremely important. me and my friends play strictly Hardcore Search and Destroy and it is constant communication of enemy location, personal location, bomb location and overall strategy. I can't comment on battlefield but I do know that what you are saying about CoD4 is completely false in my experience at least.

The Reaper

Dedicated Member
Jun 2, 2008
i play COD4 prolly a minimum of 5 hrs a day since i got it 2 weeks ago. i love this game. i guess id be called a fanboy. i don't care if you want to call me that its fine with me. LOVE the game. never gets old. i've played the BF:BC demo for a total of 20 hrs now or so, and its good but not really my cup of tea. when it takes a full clip from an assault rifle to lay an opponent down theres a problem there of lack of realism.

go put whatever kevlar and uniform you want on and let me fire 30 .223 rounds into your body and tell me if you have enough strength to still fire some rounds after that. COD4 is far more realistic in my eyes. fast paced. and addicting as hell. will be on it again today after work and all night!!! :)

MurrayStateGrad. i need to get on a team/clan like that. Everytime i play a Team DM or S&D no one EVER communicates. thats what i love to do. i have only found ONE person that really talks and it was a 28 y/o chick from NC. it was me and her vs 6 clan members and we won the match 750-500. we killed em!!! mad communication between the 2 of us and it paid off big time in the end. but since then i haven't found anyone that really communicates!!!!!! :evil:

Sep 20, 2006
[QUOTE="MurrayStateGrad, post: 0]You sir, are either playing the wrong game mode or with the wrong people. CoD4 is very team based in certain modes and if your opponenet is worth anything, teamwork/communication are extremely important. me and my friends play strictly Hardcore Search and Destroy and it is constant communication of enemy location, personal location, bomb location and overall strategy. I can't comment on battlefield but I do know that what you are saying about CoD4 is completely false in my experience at least.[/quote]

Well yeah I know its false, you can play in teamwork with every game.
I played some clanwars in COD2 back then on pc. And it was highly tactical, teamwork was the key.
But what I mean is, don't expect this in everydays online play.
I personally never felt the teamwork in COD4, its just the way the most people play, they go for the kill, not for the team win.

example:mode= domination
I have never seen someone protect a flag.
What i saw instead was people rushing for a flag, captured the flag=>rushing to the next flag.
I try to play in team too with my friends and we rule the match.

But what you see in Battlefield is that people that you don't even know, play automatically in team, because they know that if they are alone they are nothing on the battlefield.
So you will see people waiting for others, or people with tank waiting for someone to pick up, and this someone spawns as a support to repair the tank, etc...
And these people don't even communicate.