What game to buy??? Suggestions please

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Im lookin to buy myself a game on teh black friday. not real bothered by sale/no sale price. I just dont know what game I want.

Im thinking there are no exclusives out right now correct? (Have God of War Collection already). If there are no currently released exclusives then I guess Im looking between

AC2
Boardlands
or some PSN games I suppose. I am looking for some solid suggestions here so please post opinions on any games

PS....I have

inFamous
Uncharted (1) and (2)
Batman
MW2
KZ2
Ratchet n Clank ACiT
LBP and quite a few more (slightly older) games like Madden 10 SF4...etc.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Assassin's Creed II would be a safe bet I'd say. A few of my (real life) buddies have gotten it and they all seem to be greatly enjoying it.

As for Borderlands, I have mixed feelings about it. If I were you, I'd give that game a days rent to see how you like it. I've heard some people say they like it, some people say it's alright, and others say they don't like it at all. Also it seems some of the DLC isn't particularly good. However, considering I don't own the game I wouldn't know from experience.

As for Playstation Network games, there are plenty of things. Titles like Trine and Braid seem to be somewhat popular, but I haven't played them myself. I'd definitely recommend Warhawk. It's a great, primarily online multiplayer title. I'd say it's another safe bet, considering 99% of the feedback on the game is positive rather than negative. Before Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I played this game quite a bit. Not sure how many people play this game anymore. Certainly not as many as there used to be. However I don't think finding lobbies should be difficult. It'd be a shame if they were.

bliss177

Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2006
MGS4 : it's not a new exclusive, but it should be in the collection of every PS3 owner, my opinion. I didn't see it in your list.

GTA4 : not exclusive, not perfect, heavy frame-rate issue in very busy situation, little glitches here and there, but great non the less. the same, I didn't see it in your list.

Demon's Souls :
[size=+1]IGN Demon's Souls Review[/size]

[size=+1]Closing Comments :[/size]
Demon's Souls is not a game for everyone. Actually, I take that back; it's most definitely something everyone should try, but the look, seemingly unforgiving nature and themes might be a bit off-putting. Don't let them be. Every single person that owns a PS3 should at the very least rent this game to see what all the fuss is about, and those that can remember the good ol' days when games taught through the highly effective use of negative reinforcement and a heavy price for not playing it carefully should scoop this up instantly. It's utterly unique among the offerings on any console right now, and absolutely, positively should not be missed.

9.5 Presentation
Though the CG sequences and storyline bits are a bit thin, when they're there, they're great, and the game's mood and setting are at once beautiful and terrifying.

9.0 Graphics
The sometimes inconsistent framerate and slightly wonky ragdolls and collision detection are the only thing detracting from what is an otherwise gorgeously depressing, incredibly imaginative world.

9.0 Sound
Hilariously bad voice performances aside, the atmospheric ambience and great sound effects will give your surround system a workout.

9.5 Gameplay
Hands-down one of the most unique and rewarding games you'll ever play, Demon's Souls demands absolute concentration and is completely unflinching in punishing a lack of it. Yes, in a good way.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
Quite honestly one of the deepest games on the PS3, one could rightly say Demon's Souls doesn't even start until your second time through.

Outstanding OVERALL
Dragon Age: Origins : not exclusive, but if you like the genre and you don't have a powerful PC, buy it for your PS3.

[size=+1]Dragon Age: Origins Review - 9.0[/size]

The differences between versions aren't limited to the interface. Dragon Age doesn't look amazing on the PC, but it's an attractive game nonetheless. Zooming from an isometric view to a third-person perspective is slick, and while environments don't hold up quite as well when viewed up close, they're consistently lovely when viewed from above. On the flip side, the Xbox 360 version looks positively disappointing. Textures are highly compressed and colors are washed out, though the upside is that this version maintains a smoother frame rate than on the PlayStation 3, where things might get jittery when swiveling the camera around. The PlayStation 3 version features higher-quality textures than those on the Xbox 360, better color saturation, smoother facial animations, and shorter load times. Minor visual hiccups, like corpses that disappear and reappear, are a bit more common on the PS3, however. The PC version is the superior experience, but if you're choosing between the two console releases, the PlayStation 3 has the upper hand. Some minor glitches are shared between the console versions, however, such as rare occasions when the soundtrack or voice-overs disappear. We also ran into a few quest malfunctions that could be replicated on all three platforms, though they were relatively minor and did not interfere with the progress of the main quest.....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dra...vert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;read-review

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Im sorry guys. I should have mentioned all the games I have.

inFamous
Uncharted (1) and (2)
Batman AA
MW2
KZ2
Ratchet n Clank ACiT
LBP
Madden 10
SF4
GTA4
Warhawk
Pain
Stranglehold
Heavenly Sword
Mirrors Edge
UFC
MK vs DC
Burnout Paradise
SoCom
Metal Gear Solid 4
XMen Origins
Trivial Pursuit
Resistance 2
Mercs 2
Afro Samurai
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RE5
Tomb Raider Underworld
CoD World at War
Silent Hill Homecoming
Zen Pinball
Elephunk
Bejeweled
Zombie Apocalypse
Trash Panic
CoD Classic(from my presitge MW2)
High Velocity Bowling
God of War Collection
Assassins Creed 1
DB-Z Burst Limit
Fallout 3
Watchmen End is Nigh 1 and 2
Oblivion GOTY Edition

and probably around 6 other Blu Ray games and a few more PSN games that I cant recall of the top of my head. Im looking at recent releases really because as you can see I have most of the older games already.

So after checking out the replies Im looking into Dragon Age, Demon Soul, AC2, and Borderlands is a rent first... any other games out there I need to consider?

T

Think4aSec

Get AC2 i did its Great
Borderlands i Have and its Boring.

if its out of them AC2

but u might like Borderlands More so yea.