What Genre of games is most lacking on PS3?

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
With the library growing, what genre would you like to see more of?

Personally I'd love to see more free roaming open world gangster type games available. GTA IV, The Godfather, and eventually Saints Row 2 are all that come to mind there. Would love to see a PS3 version of Scarface.

Aug 12, 2007
[QUOTE="CodenameD, post: 0]

Personally I'd love to see more free roaming open world gangster type games available. GTA IV, The Godfather, and eventually Saints Row 2 are all that come to mind there. Would love to see a PS3 version of Scarface.[/quote]

More mafia, less thugs who learnt how to hold a gun before a knife and fork. Go back to the ghetto Saints Row 2

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Rhysivich1, post: 0]More mafia, less thugs who learnt how to hold a gun before a knife and fork. Go back to the ghetto Saints Row 2[/quote]
I prefer both. from Early 40's mafia to mid 90's hood gangsta fiction. its all entertaining to me if put together right.

Dec 22, 2007
[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 0]PS3 is sorely lacking in RPGs right now.[/quote]

Cant wait for them develop what they can do with a full BD. It b amaze what they can pull out of 25 GB or 49 GB od data game. I know most RPG games for PS2 avg about 3.75 GB but with this o man mite as well go all out.

C.Birch

Superior Member
Jun 2, 2006
www.yourpshome.net
Real racing games, give me a new Moto GP, World Superbikes (like the old pc games, still one the best racing sims ever), a real TOCA like the 2nd one, A better F1 game and a new Splashdown.

Atlest its not long to GT5P :)

Dante13

Apprentice
Oct 12, 2006
There is only one real answer RPG's. Everything else they at least have one or 2 titles. RPG's not so much. Oh and if anyone says FPS that is like the most over abundance genre on ps3, seriously.

S

starfox11

I think it would be easier to start with what genres are not lacking...i guess sports and hack & slash.

DeanoIV

Forum Elder
Jul 24, 2007
I think there's plenty of shooters with most on the way this year - Haze, Killzone 2, Resistance 2. GTA will cover the open world for a while. There is plenty of racing games too. I want to see more adventure games like Uncharted and Tomb Raider. Also there aren't many RPG games. LittleBigPlanet will give a new genre of game too so that will be cool.

Jan 5, 2006
As everyone has said...the RPG genre is severely lacking on the Pstriple as of now. I love the PS brand because of the great RPGs it always puts out, but so far nothing has popped up that blows my mind - besides Oblivion, but that's already quite old and was out long before the Ps3 touched it.

Jan 2, 2008
survival horror. or maybe not. i'd anyway like to see some Siren 3 vids or screenshots or SOMETHING! guess the ps3 is lacking RPGs, but i don't mind about that. no, no, wait, strategy games! that's it! i'd like to see more of those. Siren 3 where are you?

sorrow880

Forum Guru
Mar 18, 2007
www.myspace.com
JRPG Without a doubt. It has NONE.

The Playstation 1 & 2 were KNOWN FOR BEING THE KING OF JRPG'S!!!

The ps3 has none yet. Only Enchated Arms which isn't an exclusive and nothing to brag about.

Sure, there are some coming, but they aren't here yet.

Ball3r

Forum Elder
Jan 14, 2008
As others have mentioned the PS3 really needs more RPG games. I really hope more RPG games come to the PS3 as they are my favourite. Also I can't wait till FFXIII and versus come out. *sits at desk and daydreams*

Mar 15, 2008
commabunny.org
I'd like to see more turn based RPGs. I'd like to see some next gen RPGs live up to the older ones like Persona 3, Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Trigger. And I really don't want to see another Final Fantasy after X, X-II, XI and XII disappointed me.

funkybudda

Superior Member
Jan 30, 2007
NYC
[QUOTE="radgamer420, post: 0]PS3 is sorely lacking in RPGs right now.[/quote]

definitely on RPGs. Im not very big fan of western first person type of RPGs, I like party based gameplay, hopefully one will come out soon.

Zabuza

Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2008
US
RPGs definitely but I could also use some more action/adventure or survival horror like Drake's Fortune or Resident Evil.

Feb 16, 2007
Okayama
The Obvious: JRPGs

The less-so: Educational games... Yeah, the Wii and DS are saturated with them, but with Bluray, they could honestly hold hours of high def video and just go crazy with content, and if it's not 3d heavy, it wouldn't take that high of an investment... As long as those don't replace real games, I mean.

Horror... I mean, ya know, good horror that's properly optimized for the PS3... With AitD getting pushed back for us... It's a dry time for horror fans.

Those simple concept games that just make you sit back and say "Wow", like Shadow of the Colossus... Guess that's not a genre, but...

Dance Games... Ok, so really only DDR, but why is it on every system but the PS3? Oh, right, Singstar trumped Karaoke Revolution, and the Bemani division is angry at Sony... Guess Konami should have been more international minded with Karaoke Revolution... Still... I hope they make a PS3 DDR, I want DDR with downloadable songs like the Xbox has.

Aztec Warrior

Superior Member
Oct 6, 2006
The PS3 needs more JRPGs. If White Knight Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, The Last Remnant, and Valkyria Chronicles are all released this year I'll be an all around happy gamer.

Terrabit

Superior Member
Dec 27, 2007
More Action/Adventure titles (like Uncharted)

More RPG's (Would love to get my hands on a Mass Effect type game)

More Racing/Flying "sims" (Ace Combat/Offshore Powerboat Racing Sim)