What Have I Missed Out On?

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
I haven't really kept up with games etc.. for quite a while now. Just the usual COD, Fifa, Motorstorm etc....

I've recently found myself with a lot of time on my hands and have been trying get some games to play. I know I've missed out on some great games and I'd like you to list them for me please.

I've been doing a lot of Ebaying, and here is what I got so far....

Uncharted 2
- Wasn't too fond of the first one, but as mentioned above found some time and decided to buy it. I loved it, massive improvement on the first one and am now excited for #3.

Infamous - I didn't even realise this game existed, let alone that it was an exclusive. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Motorstorm 2 - I'm glad I finally got it. great game.

Killzone 2 - didn't really like the demo, but I'm glad I finally got around to buying it. Great graphics, excited for KZ3.

Mirrors Edge - Again, this was completely overlooked. Only seen it on Ebay recently and decided to do some research. I bought it and loved it.

The Eye Of Judgement - Bought it, but haven't played it yet. Seems like a great concept and am looking forward to seeing the cards come to life!

I haven't really played much else. The above games are ones I've bought over the last couple of weeks. I've beaten them all (way too much time spare :)) and am looking for some more to get, especially ones with sequels coming out soon.

Others that I've played - GOW3, Fall out 3, Assassins Creed 1, Fight night, MGS4, Prototype.

I do like good graphics, so nothing too Playstation 2ish please, but a good story and immersive gameplay will justify lacking graphics.

There's too much of a back catalogue for me pick out any gems, oh and I know I've listed a lot of exclusives, but multiplats are fine too!!

Thanks everyone. +rep to helpful answers too.

Jun 22, 2007
What improvements did you find U2 was over DF?

I too loved Mirror's Edge.

Have you tried the Darkness? Graphics aren't up to much but the story is great and the Darkness powers are beauty.

If you haven't already you might want to check out The Saboteur. WW2 tps, with climbing, open world. I really liked it and it wasn't just 'cos of the knorks.

phil_75

Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2009
DERBY
Only about 15 good games on PS3 and you've had em all!!!

Roll on GT5 then PS4!

I'm getting bored with this gen now, thought PS3 was gonna be a massive powerhouse, but I am coming to terms with it not being!

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
To name a few:

• Demon's Souls
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Ratchet & Clank (2 games)
  • Heavy Rain
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • BioShock 1 & 2
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dead Space

Funeralfog

Master Guru
Nov 19, 2008
Camas, Washington USA
get Uncharted 1. demon's souls, Dragon Age is pretty good. Heavy rain the the most intense game i've played so far. and no idea if you like sports or anything but MLB 10 the show is as good as it gets.

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
What did you think of Assassins Creed? Enjoy it? Hate it?

Well, if you liked it at all - but the repetive ness wasnt your thing -I overly recommend Assassins Creed 2. They pretty much improved everything that made the first one not that great.

adamp93

Apprentice
Oct 2, 2009
couldn't agree more with U2 & KZ2, they are definitely the 2 best games of all time.
if you're looking for a cheap overlooked game that turns out to be great i still find myself playing Beijing 2008 from time to time, nobody plays it online any more but it's great fun and made Vancouver 2010 look like a disappointment

Aug 27, 2008
Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore are very good if you're looking for something different or a lesser known title that'll surprise you.

But other very good games:

Bioshock
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction/A Crack in Time
Assassin's Creed 2
Dead Space (Dead Space 2 looks AMAZING and the ps3 gets Extraction also)

And if you played and liked Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Neverwinter Nights then you'll love Dragon Age: Origins but if you have a laptop that can run it then get it for that otherwise the ps3 version is okay too.

Feb 2, 2009
Australia
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5142019]To name a few:

• Demon's Souls
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Ratchet & Clank (2 games)
  • Heavy Rain
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • BioShock 1 & 2
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dead Space
[/QUOTE]

I endorse this list. Only other game I could add is Battlefield: BC2 if you're into online play.

irish-sid

I'm a hater, a traito.
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks for your suggestions fellas. I've played quite a lot of what you have all mentioned, didn't realise I've played so many games.

There are a few good ones that'll I'll defiantly keep my eye out for.