What?! I can't even say "M$" on these forums now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
I got a "notification" for using the term "M$" because it was considered a "fanboy term". HuH? I mean of all the things to get on to somebody about, that really seems like a waste of time.

I know some changes just went on in this forum but I didn't pay much attention to them, but this is what you came up with?

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
yea sometimes it gets caught, sometimes not I guess.

I guess you can't say $ony either lol. I've seen someone say that before.

You can't call out someone anymore, shit I used to do that all the time.

That's probably the only thing. Can't think of anything else.

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
That's lame. I thought we were here to express feelings and whatnot? I find it funny, though, if I said that as well I'd be labeled a fanboy even though I own all the systems. lol!

Minnzy

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2006
Eh, personally I find the give a cookie, get a cookie attitude to be far more annoying lol

You probably wouldn't have got in trouble if you also added "$ony" in the same post due to some stupid fucking reason that all must be held equal. Granted that's usually upheld by normal users, not mods but it's the cause of most derailments

Inzane2050

Super Elite
Jun 27, 2011
Seattle, WA
Yeah, the mods seem to get on people about the small stuff. Like how they made note on how that same thread started becoming a Xbox JRPG/Key visual novels thread.

Honestly I saw Versus's post as a "Xbox only gets all our good Playstation exclusive JRPGs bcuz M$ secretly bribe the crap out of everybody" kind of post. That is what I saw in it.

A

adierolfe

That's stupid. This is a Playstation forum. Granted other people have other consoles and PCs. But its still a PS site.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5724508]It is quite funny that this forum punishes MS haters more than Sony haters.[/QUOTE]because there are more MS haters than Sony haters.

And the Sony haters are clever.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
Its just fanboy terminology and can be used to flame.

The rule about such terminology, Microsoft or Sony, as stated in this thread already, has been in place for a number of years. There is nothing constricting about removing such terms as you can still make a completely valid point or argument without its use

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
[QUOTE="moots, post: 5724595]Exactly!! I'm sure that you can't say M$ but you can say $ony.....[/QUOTE]

Actually, as I stated, neither are acceptable - nor are any other fanboyish terms as there is no need at all to use them and all they do is cause trouble. If you want to say that Microsoft or Sony are doing x thing because of money reasons - just say so

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
MS (with the dollar sign replacing S, as it is my opinion that Microsoft have alot of money) <-- this is a workaround for your issue

Cyn

Veteran
Feb 19, 2008
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5724508]It is quite funny that this forum punishes MS haters more than Sony haters.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it just. And it has been this way since before I registered

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I honestly do not think it is a fanboy term. I find it more of a term of a disappointed ower. I use the term often and I own the console. I should be able to call it whatever I want. Everyone knows Microsoft bleeds their consumers dry with their Microsoft only approach. But I still have an Xbox and will always have one.

And M$ is directed towards the company itself. This is not directed towards the Xbox 360 console. Microsoft as a whole bleeds their consumers.

The Windows OS is a great example of that.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
It's deemed that it's fanboy terminology... same as $ony. You can't use it, I see no reason to use it, so don't. Easy. Just type a freakin' "S", or spell the name out completely. What purpose does the "$" serve? NONE. /thread

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5724658]I honestly do not think it is a fanboy term. I find it more of a term of a disappointed ower. I use the term often and I own the console. I should be able to call it whatever I want. Everyone knows Microsoft bleeds their consumers dry with their Microsoft only approach. But I still have an Xbox and will always have one.

And M$ is directed towards the company itself. This is not directed towards the Xbox 360 console. Microsoft as a whole bleeds their consumers.

The Windows OS is a great example of that.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I think the whole Internet Explorer thing back in the day was when it actually started.

Minnzy

Super Elite
Sep 8, 2006
Just some forum rules that aren't written, everything MUST be held equal regardless of topic.

For example! Let's say you're in a thread about Microsoft and ONLY Microsoft, the original post makes NO reference to Sony or Nintendo

You've been born longer than 20 seconds so you realise Microsoft is a pitiful greedy company and you voice this like so "I think M$ are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people" and despite NONE of this statement being incorrect it is deemed wrong, not because you had harmful intent, nope actual facts mean nothing. You have just pointed out a negative fact about a console developer on a gaming forum and despite doing so would make you a complete idiot you must and I mean MUST equalise your statement by instead saying "I think M$ are a pitiful, greedy company that laughs at how easily they can fuck people... Just like $ony" <<< That there is the problem, it's not fanboy terminology if you use it because you accept they're greedy and voice it like so but you'll still be called out for it for not also EVERY time pointing out the competition. Though to be honest I have seen a couple of people get a stern talking to for using the $ symbol even if they include both but more often than not it's deemed as fanboyism due to not also 'attacking' the competition in the same sentence

Now you see Sony had literally NO reason to be brought up in a thread that was ONLY to do with MS, yes sure Sony is a greedy pitiful company that laughs at how easy it is to fuck with customers but some people are above having to ALWAYS equalise a statement. I often have to suffer this, I have voiced VERY negative opinions about many different companies however I do so in the threads it has a purpose (Ok I stray sometimes if I'm really pissed off) in and I am always quoted by someone else and having them add "Just like the competition" which is fucking stupid and I will be a happy man when those pitiful, disgusting and yet perfectly accepted spam posts start receiving warnings

*Breaths*

Status
Not open for further replies.