What is the best movie so far in 2011?

G

GMOESAF

[video=youtube;KrIiYSdEe4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrIiYSdEe4E[/video]

fast and five is up there and im waiting for number 6 but i have seen loads of movies thank you torrents and sucker punch is the best one so far its the only one i went to see in the cinema after i downloaded it

G

GMOESAF

oh my god come on sucker punch was great what was it that you didnt like

was it the twist at the end

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="GMOESAF, post: 5534075]oh my god come on sucker punch was great what was it that you didnt like

was it the twist at the end
[/QUOTE]

It was boring.
I got the feeling nobody enjoyed it when i went.
People were yelling at the screen for it to end, others were making loud snoring sounds across the cinema.

Overall it just plain sucked IMO.

Last edited:
G

GMOESAF

[QUOTE="Bitbydeath, post: 5534081]It was boring.
I got the feeling nobody enjoyed it when i went.
People were yelling at the screen for it to end, others were making loud snoring sounds across the cinema.

Overall it just plain sucked IMO.[/QUOTE]

damn man i enjoyed it maybe its a culture / country thing my gf liked it aswell dunno maybe it was too out there for the crowd you went to watch it with as it felt like matrix on crack and the most wft movie you have ever seen so i can see where some people might have missed what the movie was going on about

Bitbydeath

Power Member
Sep 10, 2005
[QUOTE="GMOESAF, post: 5534089]damn man i enjoyed it maybe its a culture / country thing my gf liked it aswell dunno maybe it was too out there for the crowd you went to watch it with as it felt like matrix on crack and the most wft movie you have ever seen so i can see where some people might have missed what the movie was going on about[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe.

But the blonde lead was still HAWT

Bio

Veteran
Aug 4, 2007
Battlefield
Did we see the same movie? I did not think Sucker Punch was good at all...

Both the cinematography and ALL the girls were incredibly sexy, and yes, I did catch what the movie was about, but I still felt there was simply WAY too little substance in that movie, IMO.

At any rate, Source Code was supposed to be good, right?

Also, did The Adjustment Bureau come out this year? If it did, that is the best one I've seen this year so far. Granted, I haven't seen many yet, so take it how you will.

Last edited:

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Let's see what movies I've seen at the theater this year...

-Unknown
-Paul
-Sucker Punch
-Fast Five
-Thor

I enjoyed them all, but I would have to go with Sucker Punch. None of those movies were complex or what-not, and since Sucker Punch provided the most sheer enjoyment for me, that's what I'll go with.

I also spent a good week on the iMDB forums discussing the metaphorical aspects of the film with others, so that gives it an edge as well.

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Bio, post: 5534227]Did we see the same movie? I did not think Sucker Punch was good at all...

Both the cinematography and ALL the girls were incredibly sexy, and yes, I did catch what the movie was about, but I still felt there was simply WAY too little substance in that movie, IMO.

At any rate, Source Code was supposed to be good, right?

Also, did The Adjustment Bureau come out this year? If it did, that is the best one I've seen this year so far. Granted, I haven't seen many yet, so take it how you will.[/QUOTE]

Completely forgot about that movie.

netherdragon

Superior Member
Nov 23, 2006
never thought id be saying this given the films I have seen so far but Arthur has got to be the best ive seen so far.

literally spat coke over the person in front of me laughing :)

however have yet to see any of the superhero movies coming out and I reallllly like those in general.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5535090]I can tell you that Sucker Punch is the worst movie of the decade.[/QUOTE]

I think Sucker Punch may be the most divisive film of all-time.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Hitman_T92, post: 5534984]fast five but there is still hangover 2 and pirates 4[/QUOTE]
Thats true, im expecting that those two movies are going to be great, especially hangover 2.

Gregorious

Superior Member
Aug 20, 2009
[QUOTE="Dave-The-Rave, post: 5534248]Yeah...not been anything good yet..the best so far is probably PAUL.[/QUOTE]

Paul was pretty good, but like Expendables last year it didn't go far enough. They both stayed too main stream I thought. I'm waiting for REAL STEEL, man I miss robot wars.

May 15, 2011
I watched Caroline the second times yesterday,I admire the film mostly because it is good to look at. Selick is as unconventional in his imagery as Gaiman is in his writing, and this is a movie for people who know and care about drawing, caricature, grotesquerie and the far shores of storytelling. In short, you might care little about a fantasy, little indeed about this story, and still admire the artistry of it all, including an insidious score by Bruno Coulais, which doesn't pound at us like many horror scores, but gets under our psychic fingernails.

A

amira

As of now the best movie that I had seen is Fast and Furious 5 and The Priest. I am looking forward for Pirates of the Caribbean on the movie theater this month.