What is your #1 gaming moment this generation?

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
I know, it's probably been asked before and will be asked again but i haven't seen a thread like this in awhile.

What is your #1 gaming moment so far this generation? I just played through Metal Gear Solid 4 for probably the 12th time and it's still the best game i've ever played. This game was the game that made me realize the next generation of gaming had really begun.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune gets an honorable mention, that game was a breath of fresh air. I bought it with my PS3 and i was blown away.

So what is your #1 gaming moment this generation?

Old Mate

Apprentice
Jan 14, 2008
Seems to me you're talking about #1 games, not #1 gaming moments. #1 game for me was Uncharted 2, #1 moment was meeting Andrew Ryan

TDbank24

Master Guru
Jul 25, 2008
Boston, MA
[QUOTE="Old Mate, post: 5248219]Seems to me you're talking about #1 games, not #1 gaming moments. #1 game for me was Uncharted 2, #1 moment was meeting Andrew Ryan[/QUOTE]

I figured they go hand in hand. For me, playing through Metal Gear Solid 4 was my moment. The entire game was just that awesome. The character development, the culmination of a story that has spanned three gaming generations. It was the perfect game.

Montevista

Forum Elder
Sep 7, 2008
Countless of intense Capture the Flag matches in Warhawk and the last few chapters of Among Thieves.

And all bosses in God of War III.

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
I really dont know... I enjoy all of my games so much.

But stepping out of Vault 101 and exploring the Capital Wasteland for the first time was amazing

BlacJack

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2007
UK
Hmm, well I guess I should spoiler tag mine, since it happens in Heavy Rain:

When Jayden is looking for the last piece of the puzzle towards the end of the game using ARI. I got so caught up trying to find (what turned out to be a pretty obvious clue) that I didn't notice he was bleeding from his eyes. I knew if I used it too much I would probably die since it was hinted at, but I didn't really think about it at that time. Needless to say he died. I was so intent on keeping all my characters alive, knowing that if they died they were gone. Jayden was a favorite of mine and I couldn't believe he died like that! I thought it was an interesting switch form the normal ways of dieing in games. Completely caught me off guard.

Also, definitely meeting Andrew Ryan was a great moment. Love that game, that whole twist was pretty well executed.

Getting invaded by a black phantom in Demon's Souls for the first time won't be forgotten anytime soon either.

Last edited:

Seasons

Superior Member
Dec 8, 2009
The ending of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, had me all beautifully depressed for days and I replayed it I don't know how many times. Why did they have to make skyward sword the way they did? I can but hope for a new, PS360 strong nintendo console with a matching zelda to boot ><

Nov 22, 2005
there's so many but i'll have to say the bu** kicking posiden got in GOW 3, and how Kratos destroy Hurcules face, and how he make Cronos look like a little b**ch

camo

Apprentice
Mar 26, 2009
Piggy backing someones wifi so I could take my ps3 online for the first time and play COD4.

I ordered my own connection the following day.

M

ManFurismoJive

I think on PS3 it's just the all round awesome gameplay of Table Tennis (Sports Champions)

J

jakster123x

[QUOTE="Montevista, post: 5248245]Countless of intense Capture the Flag matches in Warhawk and the last few chapters of Among Thieves.

And all bosses in God of War III.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on all of them.

Warhawk is still awesome, now i think of it all of Uncharted 2 was awesome despite me usually thinking of THOSE stand-out set pieces and, wow, GoW3.

[QUOTE="BlacJack, post: 5248311]Hmm, well I guess I should spoiler tag mine, since it happens in Heavy Rain:

When Jayden is looking for the last piece of the puzzle towards the end of the game using ARI. I got so caught up trying to find (what turned out to be a pretty obvious clue) that I didn't notice he was bleeding from his eyes. I knew if I used it too much I would probably die since it was hinted at, but I didn't really think about it at that time. Needless to say he died. I was so intent on keeping all my characters alive, knowing that if they died they were gone. Jayden was a favorite of mine and I couldn't believe he died like that! I thought it was an interesting switch form the normal ways of dieing in games. Completely caught me off guard.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Heavy Rain was such a breath of fresh air for me, too.

Lol, you killed him in ARI? I did, accidentally, spend a little too long there and make him bleed from the eyes but i noticed right away and came right out lol

I really felt attached to Ethan and his whole story, great experience.

TRF

Dedicated Member
Jun 1, 2010
n00 y4wk
ps3nation.roflforum.com
[QUOTE="BlacJack, post: 5248311]Hmm, well I guess I should spoiler tag mine, since it happens in Heavy Rain:

[/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me. I was shocked and upset, since Jayden was also my favorite character (despite the atrocious voice acting).

Another memorable moment this gen is when I saw Scott Shelby burning the evidence. At first I thought he was giving up on the case, but then I realized that he was actually the Origami Killer.

Aug 24, 2010
The end movie of Uncharted 2 was awesome, but the thing I've reacted strongest to is winning agains ACE-8000 in sports champions. :p I went all crazy, jumping around screaming! xD

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
MGS4 Microwave lvl and ending cutscene

Pretty much the whole ride of God Of War 3 and Uncharted 2

Epic 'Battlefield' moments from BC2

Clan battles on KZ2 as a BnW member!

Mgs4, the first 45 minutes of gow3, gears of war 1, watching back parts of my co op campaign with my best friend over live on halo 3 and taking screenshots etc, thinking how is this possible. Turning on my 360 with my wireless pad for the first time. Getting banjo and kazooie free on xbox live. Xbox arcade. Finally Alan wake and heavy rain.