What is your controller colour of choice?

rene2kx

Dedicated Member
Jan 23, 2011
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5578637]Disscusing colors arent girlie everytime. Like, what color shoes you want, there might be a pair of Jordans that you like, but they are in different colors. Your not gonna pick the most manly, you are going to pick the one that apeals to you most.[/QUOTE]Attire is a different thing altogether. i wouldnt compare that to electronics.

Last edited:

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578611]Color obsession is a girlie thing , IDC. Just give me a manly controller next time which suits my big hands. The ps3 controller was designed with japanese people in mind who have small hands. Really, a controller re-design is much more of a serious concern than discussing colors like little girls.[/QUOTE]
Then start a topic about redesigning the controller?

[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578686]Attire is a different thing altogether. i wouldnt compare that to electronics.[/QUOTE]

Why is it different? I mean is there any reason beyond that it's something you don't care about? Is there any actual reason behind your claims that discussing colour is girly?

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5578723]Then start a topic about redesigning the controller?

Why is it different? I mean is there any reason beyond that it's something you don't care about? Is there any actual reason behind your claims that discussing colour is girly?[/QUOTE]

He wants us to see him as a manly man. That is all.

rene2kx

Dedicated Member
Jan 23, 2011
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5578723]Then start a topic about redesigning the controller?

Why is it different? I mean is there any reason beyond that it's something you don't care about? Is there any actual reason behind your claims that discussing colour is girly?[/QUOTE]Well making a new thread on redesigning the controller would seem as ranting to most people here, it's not like there haven't been threads before or people haven't raised questions before on the controller's design. The final call is sony's and i sincerely hope next gen they do away with the dual shock design.

On the issue of colors, i was talking strictly in the electronics sense, this being a thread about a controller color. What matters to me is what's under the piece of plastic. My hdtv has a gray bezel while the rest of the HT equipment is black, but i couldnt care less because performance is what matters to me in electronics and my hdtv succeeds in that.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578738]
On the issue of colors, i was talking strictly in the electronics sense, this being a thread about a controller color. What matters to me is what's under the piece of plastic. M[/QUOTE]

Well, if that is the case, you should of been specific from the start, its not really girly for controllers. Why would you want to use the same old controller every time you play?

rene2kx

Dedicated Member
Jan 23, 2011
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5578746]Well, if that is the case, you should of been specific from the start, its not really girly for controllers. Why would you want to use the same old controller every time you play?[/QUOTE]How does swapping your black DS3 with a white colored one change your gaming experience in any way i don't get? Instead of buying the same controller in a different color, i'd much rather get a different designed third party controller for the ps3.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578756]How does swapping your black DS3 with a white colored one change your gaming experience in any way i don't get? Instead of buying the same controller in a different color, i'd much rather get a different designed third party controller for the ps3.[/QUOTE]
Its hard to explain but im sure you would notice the difference if you purchased a different colored controler.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578756]How does swapping your black DS3 with a white colored one change your gaming experience in any way i don't get? Instead of buying the same controller in a different color, i'd much rather get a different designed third party controller for the ps3.[/QUOTE]
By the same logic changing your clothing colour shouldn't change anything. The answer is that it's down to personal preference.

[QUOTE="rene2kx, post: 5578738]Well making a new thread on redesigning the controller would seem as ranting to most people here, it's not like there haven't been threads before or people haven't raised questions before on the controller's design. The final call is sony's and i sincerely hope next gen they do away with the dual shock design.

On the issue of colors, i was talking strictly in the electronics sense, this being a thread about a controller color. What matters to me is what's under the piece of plastic. My hdtv has a gray bezel while the rest of the HT equipment is black, but i couldnt care less because performance is what matters to me in electronics and my hdtv succeeds in that.[/QUOTE]
I'd rather have different coloured controllers because black is boring and standard, but more importantly I live with two roommates who have PS3s as well. There's probably 9 PS3 controllers in the house, and sometimes we need to borrow one another. I like to know which are mine.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5578766]By the same logic changing your clothing colour shouldn't change anything. The answer is that it's down to personal preference.

I'd rather have different coloured controllers because black is boring and standard.[/QUOTE] Thats how i felt, i wanted to try something new.

Jan 8, 2010
Headphones
[QUOTE="Tyrien, post: 5578766]By the same logic changing your clothing colour shouldn't change anything. The answer is that it's down to personal preference.

I'd rather have different coloured controllers because black is boring and standard, but more importantly I live with two roommates who have PS3s as well. There's probably 9 PS3 controllers in the house, and sometimes we need to borrow one another. I like to know which are mine.[/QUOTE]

:O Damn. ^^ Hardcore.

Evil^Virus

Superior Member
May 9, 2006
Only black for me, it matches my other elecktronics, infact...

I will keep buying black stuff until something darker come's allong!

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
[QUOTE="wesmore24, post: 5578761]Its hard to explain but im sure you would notice the difference if you purchased a different colored controler.[/QUOTE]
What on Earth are you on about?
How does the controller colour affect your gaming time? Lets say you were playing game X with a black controller but you didn't really enjoy it and then someone gave you a new pad that was of a new colour are you telling me you'd enjoy the game more than if it was with the standard pad? I don't get it, how much time do you spend looking at the controller when your playing?

[QUOTE="Evil^Virus, post: 5579665]Only black for me, it matches my other elecktronics, infact...

I will keep buying black stuff until something darker come's allong![/QUOTE]

Yeah i'm the same as you - I like everything of mine to be the same colour. Every electronic in my room is the same colour. Black. I dig the uniformed look and if i had different colour controllers it'd really annoy me.

Copyright

Elite Guru
Feb 19, 2007
Black and a Silver one. I would LOVE a carbon fibre style one.

(But to be honest... A controller is a controller)

Last edited:

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
[QUOTE="BoyBettaKnow, post: 5579749]What on Earth are you on about?
How does the controller colour affect your gaming time? Lets say you were playing game X with a black controller but you didn't really enjoy it and then someone gave you a new pad that was of a new colour are you telling me you'd enjoy the game more than if it was with the standard pad? I don't get it, how much time do you spend looking at the controller when your playing? [/QUOTE] I said that it hard to explain...just read Tyrien's post #75, that should help you out in what i was trying to say.

Aug 20, 2010
I would like a different color controller, but I'm one that wants my controller to match my console. If my console was a different color, I would buy that color controller for it.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get a diff color PS3 Slim Shell and DS3 Controller Shells? Cause if I could find a decent PS3 Shell that looks official, I would change the colors of my existing controllers aswell.

Tyrien

I'm a real boy!
Jul 8, 2007
[QUOTE="leo9891, post: 5583803]I would like a different color controller, but I'm one that wants my controller to match my console. If my console was a different color, I would buy that color controller for it.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get a diff color PS3 Slim Shell and DS3 Controller Shells? Cause if I could find a decent PS3 Shell that looks official, I would change the colors of my existing controllers aswell.[/QUOTE]

www.decalgirl.com

There are some places where you can find a plastic cover that will go over the PS3, but I'm not aware if you can get such a thing for a Dual Shock. The skins offered for the PS3 are very well done and (generally) look very nice once applied to the console. It doesn't cover the entire console though. The skins offered for the controller are well done as well, but do not look as good.

There's also http://www.colorware.com/ for professionalism re-painting. You will need to either send in your console or buy a new one entirely. Sending in a console is only available for those who are within the US. It's not cheap.

Aug 20, 2010
www.decalgirl.com[/URL]

There are some places where you can find a plastic cover that will go over the PS3, but I'm not aware if you can get such a thing for a Dual Shock. The skins offered for the PS3 are very well done and (generally) look very nice once applied to the console. It doesn't cover the entire console though. The skins offered for the controller are well done as well, but do not look as good.

There's also http://www.colorware.com/ for professionalism re-painting. You will need to either send in your console or buy a new one entirely. Sending in a console is only available for those who are within the US. It's not cheap.
Yeah I've been to decalgirl.com, love their skins, but idk bout putting a skin on my system. I'm afraid it might over heat the system. I had a few skins for my PSP System and it would get very hot, especially around the battery. Once I took the skin off, it didn't get hot anymore. Thats my only worry with the PS3. The Controllers would be fine with a skin, but my precious PS3 :sad:

D

Down2earthlv

Ive always liked the all black one till i found this: Controller Gripts
Bought me a red controller waiting for these to show up, These are frickin badass! I contacted them about those top pieces, even though they arent in production yet, they said they would toss em in for a few extra bucks!

Theres even colors and they said designs too! they got some problems with the website, i contacted them thru facebook.com/Getgript, really friendly, eager to help!

TAZ427

Elite Guru
Nov 29, 2007
I think I like the blue or silver the best. That said I'd not go out and pay more money for one, or buy an extra controller just to get one (at least at retail pricing.) I've got 2 Black Sixaxis, 1 Ceramic White DS3 (Bought when DS3's first released in Japan), and 1 Black DS3 (bought at Radio Shack Black Friday special.) Four controllers is all I need and 95% of the time while playing games using Sixaxis/DS3 controllers I only need 1 or 2 of those. That said if I get a $25 on a blue or silver controller I'll most likely buy one and sell one of my sixaxis controllers on ebay.

wesmore24

Forum Elder
Sep 9, 2010
@the bball court
Controller Gripts[/URL]
Bought me a red controller waiting for these to show up, These are frickin badass! I contacted them about those top pieces, even though they arent in production yet, they said they would toss em in for a few extra bucks!

Theres even colors and they said designs too! they got some problems with the website, i contacted them thru facebook.com/Getgript, really friendly, eager to help!
Those controllers look really cool, i want some.

D3seeker

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2008
Severn, Maryland
I saw the jungle green in gamestop today. In a pay check or two I'm getting it!!!!! Green is my official favorite color. And if there was a carbon fibre one (why isn't there one already, FIX THAT SONY) I would be in love!

D3seeker

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2008
Severn, Maryland
[QUOTE="APetePerson, post: 5585789]I'd like a black, jungle green, and a bright orange one to match my hair :p[/QUOTE]

An orange one would be cool actually. Jungle green, Carbon Fiber, orange, and the classic black! Yess it's perfect!